Forums

Official Lore FC!

Quick find code: 341-342-647-65739374

Eren Lapucet

Eren Lapucet

Posts: 1,658 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If there is an emergency plan, it's to revert back to the previous system.

Then we will will discuss the different options, and vote again for a new system (sounds tedious, but that's how we roll apparently).
I'm too Unaligned to have a forum signature.

02-Feb-2016 17:33:44

Half Centaur
Jun Member 2010

Half Centaur

Posts: 6,959 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Eren, I agree,

Just want to plant the seeds to what I think would be the best system should this not work out.

Half Centaur said :
My problem with this vote-

Neither option really fits every issue that could be presented. Sure they both establish an egalitarian kind of governance, but with option 1, you run the risk of any fc regular going corrupt and kicking people (for whatever reason, unlikely as it may be)

In option 2, we could get spam attacked and trolled galore (which, wish as you might, the ignore button is not a good fc wide policy that will keep the fc growing with this).

I think we seriously need to consider some sort of ranked system in case this fails.

Maybe we could diversify the ranks a bit as well, use some of the other ranks.

Give everyone who has voted in an election a 'recruit' stripe, give regulars a corporeal stripe, and then hold elections for generals with there being thresholds of votes for Captains and Lieutenants.

Decide upon a kick strategy where Generals can kick regulars, Captains kick recruits, and Lieutenants can kick smileys, or something with a similar down-slide in votes and power.

Next have whenever multiple similarly ranked people together- they need to consult and agree to kick whoever the person in question is- After giving a warning, and alerting the next lowest rank.

There are some flaws, for instance while it may be disallowed for generals to kick Lieutenants, its still possible due to Jagex fc rules, and in fighting could cause this to happen, but because it is explicitly against the fc rules- the person in question would face an automatic derank- with an appeal possible if the Lieutenant was accused of breaking other rules.

Please Consider this alternative, should either system we end up with fail. We can Iron out the specifics later and change some rules if we need to.
"We call it being a hero"
"That's interesting, we call it utter stupidity"

02-Feb-2016 17:38:44

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really don't want more ranks. Having some moderation power available to the FC in the case that it's under attack is a necessity, I believe, but the less ranks we have, the better. Having multiple ranks might be all fine and dandy for a faction based FC or Clan, but for a "diverse" one, it leads to egomania and a petty power struggle. Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

02-Feb-2016 18:00:24

Im Rubic
Jan Member 2008

Im Rubic

Posts: 13,824 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Half Centaur said :
Im Rubic said :
I choose Option 2.

Reason: Allowing everyone to kick will naturally lead to abuse.

Reminder, they'd only be able to kick unranked people.

As someone who was kicked from this very friends chat without being given a valid chance to get a rank (smiley), I completely understand the circumstances for what I'm voting against. I'm not pin-pointing the potential of abuse on specific people but rather anyone including myself.

If the previous system, which limited those who could kick/have a say, allowed there to be abusive actions on some level, granting that power to everyone would make it far worse. Not only would it cause more drama, but it would inherently result in a change of structure yet again.

Personally, I prefer Option 2 as it's better to have that power limited to almost no one so everyone is welcomed to join. This being said, I don't think Option 2 is the best solution. I rather have an option where a few trusted people (who are in the friends chat all day) can kick spammers. These players wouldn't have a decision/say on the internal workings but would just be there in case of an emergency.
Future Updates
|
Information Broker
|
Reddit TL;DW Writer

02-Feb-2016 21:14:21

Unicornz pwn
Dec Member 2023

Unicornz pwn

Posts: 3,009 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Currently Option 2 is in effect if anyone was still wondering.

EDIT: I would also like to add that assuming Loopy's procedure for voting was the same as the previous vote, voting has ended.
"Ego Te Provoco."

The Hooded Zarosian

Lorehound Extraordinaire

03-Feb-2016 01:26:41 - Last edited on 03-Feb-2016 03:52:48 by Unicornz pwn

Nature Rosa
Nov Member 2010

Nature Rosa

Posts: 119 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*sigh* some old clanmates of mine are coming into fc and trolling....may i request dethal ban then, if willing?
names are

Gotmilk
Ducksalad
Leaferino
Scout
Sorenn
Danielk

i appoligize for my ex-clanmates trollish and stupid behavior, but they drove coy out and are annoying me (and likely others)
Roses are pink
Violets are violet
The WG is a dangerous sociopath with a long history of violence.

16-Feb-2016 02:44:04 - Last edited on 16-Feb-2016 02:49:08 by Nature Rosa

Scout
Mar Member 2022

Scout

Posts: 93 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am sorry about the recent troubles that I may have caused. I was not trying to disrupt the fc, I was merely trying to learn more about Legio Septimus and Nomad himself since the release of the new quest really got me going on the lore. I came into the fc to discuss it, and guess I came off the wrong way? I apologize to the fellow Lorehounds. I cannot speak for my friends, though.

16-Feb-2016 02:54:28

Aterivus
Dec Member 2020

Aterivus

Posts: 6,733 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nature Rosa said :
*sigh* some old clanmates of mine are coming into fc and trolling....may i request dethal ban then, if willing?
names are

Gotmilk
Ducksalad
Leaferino
Scout
Sorenn
Danielk

i appoligize for my ex-clanmates trollish and stupid behavior, but they drove coy out and are annoying me (and likely others)

If anyone is disrupting it and aggrivating the other users, then they should be banned. If it's too troublesome before then, everyone use your ignore list and go about your business.
" All great changes are preceded by chaos. "

|
Lorehound
| |
Quester
| |
Skiller
|
PvMer
| |
One Cool Mamajama
| ~
Atty
: Your Favourite Bald Guy

16-Feb-2016 02:57:18

DuckSalad

DuckSalad

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I joined with no intent to "troll". I politely asked if there were checkpoints between phases on the nomad battle because I was having trouble with that part of the quest. It is also my last quest for quest point cape so that is the main reason i asked. Could i get any reasoning as to why that is such a bad thing?

16-Feb-2016 03:02:46

Quick find code: 341-342-647-65739374 Back to Top