Forums

Lets talk about Akrisae

Quick find code: 341-342-637-65863805

Half Centaur
Jun Member 2010

Half Centaur

Posts: 6,959 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anyway, spoilers for Sliske's Endgame...

And Rotm... and Kindred Sprits...duh

So, a certain ardent Saradominist has been conspicuously missing for the past few quests involving Sliske.

Why could this be? Could it be that our friend- the one who saved our life and spared us from an endless existence of torment at the hands of Sliske- was forgotten? Noooo....that can't be right ...

There must be some reason, obviously, that Sliske, the madman decided not to include Akrisae in his little finale at the labyrinth.

So let's see, we know that Akrisae, unlike Linza, Gregorovic, and the other brothers never made a deal with Sliske. He would be more akin to Nomad, and presumably most other undead servants of Sliske.

However, Nomad hated us. Akrisae gave his life to protect us from Sliske. Perhaps, this attachment, would interfere with Sliske's ability to sic him onto us, in a way more readily apparent to Sliske.

Perhaps, Akrisae is simply to powerful, and strongwilled, to be used directly against the player in such a manner. He never made a deal- so Sliske doesn't have any means of levarage over him, and he's quite attached to us. Except- when we see him at the Barrows. Perhaps, the only way for Sliske to control Akrisae, is to whittle him down. Bring him to the point of absolute madness, where friend and foe are utterly indistinguishable. Perhaps in such a state, it's Sliske's face he's striking at in the Barrows- not ours. Such a state would be utterly unhelpful for Sliske to use in his more complicated plans...

Maybe...

Or maybe Sliske used him as a backup. The final pawn to hold onto in case all others fell. Too risky to use outright, but now Sliske has been, erm, setback , he'll decide to use him in the future. cough cough
"We call it being a hero"
"That's interesting, we call it utter stupidity"

26-Dec-2016 19:11:24 - Last edited on 26-Dec-2016 19:12:20 by Half Centaur

Duke Fishron

Duke Fishron

Posts: 646 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Add my name to this glorious petition.

Anyway, I guess Akrisae just didn't fit the bill in a lot of ways. No deal with Sliske unlike Barrows Bros., Greg, and Linza; not as seasoned of a fighter as the Barrows Bros., Linza, or Nomad; no enhanced experimentation from Sliske; no perceivable motivations.

In fact that last one is a little frightening. Imagine Akrisae suffering since he was wight-ified. He's been alone, forgotten, battled, and subject to whatever terrors Sliske remembers to inflict on him. And he hated the Mahjarrat before that anyway.

I could see the poor man having quite the built up anger and hatred at this point.

26-Dec-2016 19:26:37

Voraiya
Mar Member 2021

Voraiya

Posts: 448 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, it's Jagex and the Jmods problem.

They allow players to play most of the 6th quest without having them to first finish 5th age quest first. So, I think Jmods and Jagex best believe not to add Akriase.

PS: Don't mess with Akriase. When he prays he get 100% protection and he has almost unlimited prayers too. He OP ass fuck.

26-Dec-2016 20:03:26

Wahisietel
Oct Member 2005

Wahisietel

Posts: 3,426 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nah, let's just bug Raven to add him to Endgame before it becomes replayable. He should just appear alongside the other Barrows Brothers and cast Heal Other on us during the fight like he did in ROTM. And then appear alongside Linza at the end. You never were our brightest star, Khazard. 'Vermin slaughtered like lambs'? What does that even mean?

26-Dec-2016 20:24:59

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can honestly understand why Sliske wouldn't use Akrisae against us (canonically at least).

Akrisae was never one of Sliske's targets, he just got in the way when Sliske tried to take us. That makes the creation of Akrisae the Doomed one of the few times Sliske actually and completely failed at doing what he had set out to do. So I can understand why Sliske would simply toss his unwanted toy into the toy box and leave it sit there forever.

26-Dec-2016 20:40:07

Roar Trout

Roar Trout

Posts: 44 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said :
I can honestly understand why Sliske wouldn't use Akrisae against us (canonically at least).

Akrisae was never one of Sliske's targets, he just got in the way when Sliske tried to take us. That makes the creation of Akrisae the Doomed one of the few times Sliske actually and completely failed at doing what he had set out to do. So I can understand why Sliske would simply toss his unwanted toy into the toy box and leave it sit there forever.
It might explain why he has it in for us as well. Akrisae is what happened after his Book of plans from A-Z ran into a blank page. The Endgame could have been him trying tp prove that he was better than us in everyway, due to that one slip up.

I'd say he failed twice now, that last move of his was pure desperation. Just him thinking on his feet, no planning.
Roar Trout, noisiest fish on Gielinor!

26-Dec-2016 21:46:28

Quick find code: 341-342-637-65863805 Back to Top