Forums

Would you replay a quest? Thread is locked

Quick find code: 341-342-444-65439823

A Mighty

A Mighty

Posts: 2,337 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes. Especially MPD. I think I would keep replaying it after I did every Quest which affected it in some way, to see how the dialogue changed..
To those cursed by war and pest, Come into the light of Armadyl and rest. This is the law of Armadyl.

01-Aug-2014 15:50:25

Athrenn

Athrenn

Posts: 753 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Would you reread your favorite book over and over? Of course! Think about how many people do that to prepare for the release of the next book in a series.

As for how, they either should add some sort of in-game zen garden reflecting pool or an archive of your exploits where you can go to "reflect on" an adventure that you once had.

Or maybe it can involve the Moon Clan and we're revisiting our memories via our dreams? I admit, it's a cool story reason but it'll make it a gated feature which isn't cool. Maybe they could add a Moon Clan NPC to somewhere like Lumbridge to make it work?

Just to add, there are some quest fights (like in TWW) that were so fun to do. I'd love to replay it for that and re-experience the moment. This would add another good reason to develop high-quality quests: replay value.

Of course, they'd have to have some limitations. Like, yeah you can replay a quest, but you can't permanently alter the outcome of a choice. Maybe give us the option to explore these other choices but without them affecting our story's progression?

01-Aug-2014 16:29:40 - Last edited on 01-Aug-2014 16:39:09 by Athrenn

Ruis75

Ruis75

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To refresh your memory concerning the elf-series, there is some good stuff out there, that helps a lot. Zero Vector (just search for his name plus RS) uploaded a short summary of the Elf-Story until Within in the Light and a Let's Play about Within the Light. What he does comes without special music etc. just him commenting, which is more than interesting.

01-Aug-2014 16:32:47

Eren Lapucet

Eren Lapucet

Posts: 1,658 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Or you can read Robo Hobo's 15 page lore refresher :P
341-342-160-65440004

Now, even though I am against redoing quests, I do think there should be a lore refresher, since Gwir is nice and all, and so are wikia transcripts, but they don't cut it. I suggested some months ago the idea of "Abridged Quests" where Jagex can update old content and at the same time create a sort of contained quest (like the Fremmy sagas) going through all the highlights and important details of the quest. The idea was mostly for series though, not standalones.
I'm too Unaligned to have a forum signature.

01-Aug-2014 16:43:33

Athrenn

Athrenn

But think about it Ere*, the mods would have a way bigger reason to develop resource-intensive quests like RoP if they were replayable since they could just quote "replay value".

This would in turn give lorehounds like us access to more high quality quests since they'll have a better chance of being approved. It's win-win-win.

01-Aug-2014 16:48:23 - Last edited on 01-Aug-2014 16:54:04 by Athrenn

Eren Lapucet

Eren Lapucet

Posts: 1,658 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not arguing that it's beneficial. I agree it's a win-win situation. I'm arguing that most quests in their current form are not suitable to be replayed. If Jagex was able to do that, then by all means they should, and they probably would have made those quests re-playable by now.

But the fact that they are only making snippets of quests available (like Dominions Tower, repeatable events, repeatable cutscenes etc..) shows that they don't want to make entire quests repeatable. Well, that's how I interpret it at least.
I'm too Unaligned to have a forum signature.

01-Aug-2014 17:17:44 - Last edited on 01-Aug-2014 17:18:51 by Eren Lapucet

Athrenn

Athrenn

I see what you're saying, but I think that it's evident by now that Jagex underestimates the devotion of its players to the game's lore.

From what i've heard, they were actually surprised by how many people voted "yes" to regularly reading lore books. Mod Jack even said in the Scrying Pool CC that the poll will likely result in more attention put into producing lore books.

That just goes to show that the folks at Jagex don't necessarily know their players as well as we'd assume, but they also seem willing to listen. We just need to make ourselves heard.

01-Aug-2014 17:50:52

Wahisietel
Oct Member 2005

Wahisietel

Posts: 3,426 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes. I have done most quests at least twice. Only exceptions are A Clockwork Syringe and Within the Light. You never were our brightest star, Khazard. 'Vermin slaughtered like lambs'? What does that even mean?

01-Aug-2014 17:56:05

Quick find code: 341-342-444-65439823 Back to Top