Forums

An Observation on Jas...

Quick find code: 341-342-386-66172473

A Mighty

A Mighty

Posts: 2,337 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Half Centaur said :

I wonder how having shadow anima fused to us will be affected by having Sliske bound to our soul. A noted master of the shadow realm. Huh. IDK, but I feel like it'll be relevant.

Oh, this is interesting! Maybe Sliske understood what Guthix did to us? Remember from Desperate Times, Guthix told Sliske about the World Guardian... Could what Sliske did be the will of Guthix??
To those cursed by war and pest, Come into the light of Armadyl and rest. This is the law of Armadyl.

01-Aug-2020 21:11:21

Uncle Harper
Jul Member 2015

Uncle Harper

Posts: 396 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Mather1 said :

It came from Xau-Tak, hence the Black Stone Dragon exuding an aura of it. And his device probably uses Black Stone to corrupt regular Anima.

I found shadow anima and its description to be interesting. Reminded me of Oreb's description of Kranon's soul. That parts of it were "missing" and replaced with something else that prevented the soul from repairing itself.
I have seen the dark universe yawning, where the black planets roll without aim;
Where they roll in their horror unheeded, without knowledge or lustre or name.

02-Aug-2020 04:39:41

Scombridus
May Member 2022

Scombridus

Posts: 2,745 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I definitely share in the sentiment that Kerapac was right. Xenia too for that matter.

When you're looking at trying to survive a group of beings that dwarf gods in power and are completely alien mentally, you should be willing to make sacrifices.
Especially looking at how the gods demonstrated their ability to migrate entire civilizations to other planets, Gielinor doesn't seem like as catastrophic of a loss.

11-Aug-2020 03:06:26

Dan-i-el

Dan-i-el

Posts: 84 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now, call me insane... But I still think Jas and the other Elders CAN be killed in a fight.

Not with a sword or staff or bow though.

Bandos' Followers and Armadyl both have blueprints to build anima collecting towers that can launch it at a designated target.

If we could redesign these towers to quickly transform the anima into dark anima before firing, we could essentially artillery strike Jas and the to death, or at least weak enough for Zaros + Seren to finish them off whilst Stunned and injured.

The Dark Anima used as a quick, directed energy weapon, may damage Gielinor, but not to an extent that would be world-ending, Dark Anima does seem to evaporate if not used in an enchantment or without a constant source, so I'm confident that even if damage is done, it can be fixed, which is vastly better than losing all of Gielinor anyway.

We can construct a big one in the wilderness, where everything is dead anyway, meaning it can be encompassed into a dark-anima shield, where it won't have any real negative effects since the anima there is almost null.
If there's still some Zarosian shield pylons buried somewhere in Forinthry, we could maybe dig them up and re-purpose them.

Hmmm... maybe we could use the Enchanted key to re-visit either Guthix or Kerapac's lair at a time they're both still around, in order to learn how to build a dark anima generator.

It's still a lesser evil to stop a greater one, but this way we can keep most of the planet intact.

06-Oct-2020 21:40:16

Quick find code: 341-342-386-66172473 Back to Top