Zaros is EVIL

Quick find code: 341-342-2-66205189

William Witt
Aug Member 2023

William Witt

Posts: 12,465 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dennorak said :
Zamorak clearly did nothing wrong

Not this time around, I'll grant him that, but he did kill Sir Tenlee. Rotten luck, that - the old boy owed me ten gold coins. Not likely I'll be seeing that money any time soon, now.
The Asgarnian ale must flow.

26-Feb-2021 00:02:27

Dennorak
Jul Member 2020

Dennorak

Posts: 4,414 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
William Witt said :
Dennorak said :
Zamorak clearly did nothing wrong

Not this time around, I'll grant him that, but he did kill Sir Tenlee. Rotten luck, that - the old boy owed me ten gold coins. Not likely I'll be seeing that money any time soon, now.

Sir Tenlee, what a lad. Wrong place at the wrong time for that chap, unfortunately.
Zamorakian Lorehound, Flame of Chaos member, Bilrach enthusiast

26-Feb-2021 01:17:00

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Androme said :
Since this is a lore discussion forum, let's discuss how he's trying to go about this.

During the quest, Ariane (or maybe it was Azzanadra), says that the destruction of artefacts could potentially be one way through which the eggs can be hatched? Is Zaros hoarding artefacts for this purpose maybe? If yes, why?

I think his plan is pretty straightforward. He'll bust some artifacts in the elder halls to charge the eggs to the point they could hatch. Then he can touch one egg and transfer his consciousness into it and hatch as a new elder god (assuming he can figure out how).

This would explain why Azzanadra is convinced that we'll meet as enemies, since we know that the elder gods' hatching should strip all life from Gielinor in mere minutes (including our own).

26-Feb-2021 04:17:51

Last Prophet

Last Prophet

Posts: 3,433 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
William Witt said :
Roland Lyons said :
Hail the Polemarchos Autokrator!

Oho, the language of the priests of Entrana, is it? Let me see if I remember the old grammar... Ahem: I mitéra sou ítan éna goblin kai o patéras sou mýrize san kókkina moúra.

My Greek might be rusty but I am perfectly in stitches rn
+
Last Prophet
+

~Creator of
Ikadia the Exile
~

26-Feb-2021 08:30:17

Roland Lyons
Mar Member 2014

Roland Lyons

Posts: 3,475 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
William Witt said :
Roland Lyons said :
Hail the Polemarchos Autokrator!

Oho, the language of the priests of Entrana, is it? Let me see if I remember the old grammar... Ahem: I mitéra sou ítan éna goblin kai o patéras sou mýrize san kókkina moúra.
Did you just call my mother a goblin?
I will protect Gielinor. Zaros has no love for its people.

-Saradomin, Polemarchos Autokrator

26-Feb-2021 16:06:50

Derack
Jul Member 2013

Derack

Posts: 3,066 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said :
Androme said :
Since this is a lore discussion forum, let's discuss how he's trying to go about this.

During the quest, Ariane (or maybe it was Azzanadra), says that the destruction of artefacts could potentially be one way through which the eggs can be hatched? Is Zaros hoarding artefacts for this purpose maybe? If yes, why?

I think his plan is pretty straightforward. He'll bust some artifacts in the elder halls to charge the eggs to the point they could hatch. Then he can touch one egg and transfer his consciousness into it and hatch as a new elder god (assuming he can figure out how).

This would explain why Azzanadra is convinced that we'll meet as enemies, since we know that the elder gods' hatching should strip all life from Gielinor in mere minutes (including our own).
I got a feeling that player's can redeem them self to or truelly prove to Zaros their loyalty and intentions, if one wants to.

Either way, i'm wonderring how it's gonna end or start.
Seren will stop (or try probably more like) Zaros, Arma will probably join her and Sara will tag along as well.
And Zamo? Maybe Zaros will try to pull him to his side. Judging from their dialogue interaction during the endgame between them, i could see it happening.
"If you believe you can distance yourself from the harm you cause, you're deluding yourself. You're not some mindless tool. You're accountable. Your actions will catch up with you eventually." -Jedi Master Jun Seros; Swtor Bounty Hunter storyline.

27-Feb-2021 15:44:42

A Mighty

A Mighty

Posts: 2,337 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm just going to use this thread to say that Sir Vey Lance represents everything wrong with Zarosianism. Unable to think for himself, being bored for millennia because he's waiting for orders that never came. And his mission was really only successfully resolved because of a fluke. This was certainly not how his mission was supposed to go. I would like to be able to think for myself, hence I am not Zarosian :)

(P.S. Saradomin has post-Endgame dialogue which is quite similar, when he talks about how everyone needs to be controlled and know their place in the world. But what happens if they are unhappy with said place? That's when the wings get ripped off... ;) )
To those cursed by war and pest, Come into the light of Armadyl and rest. This is the law of Armadyl.

28-Feb-2021 06:16:39 - Last edited on 28-Feb-2021 06:16:51 by A Mighty

William Witt
Aug Member 2023

William Witt

Posts: 12,465 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, pack it up, chaps. Here I am sweeping up blood and grit in old Senntiswhatsit, when a bunch of the lads get disemboweled by this nutter who thinks he's a dead man! And now demons are sieging Burthorpe and Misthalin and we barely have enough knights left to put the tarp over the castle library when it rains. (Never did see why we didn't have a roof there. Might need to have a word with that lovely accountant lass, what was her name? Hestia?)

And now on top of all that, apparently the gods are going off again to gods-know-where. Well, good riddance, I say. All the rooftop barbecues in the world aren't worth the mess they've made of our ranks. Almost makes you pine for the old days when the worst you had to worry about was Kinshra sieges and whatnot.

Was lovely meeting that Adrasteia girl, though. Reminds me of my own dear sister, back home in Varrock. Clever girl, and sweet as tea and scones. Almost find myself wondering, if it weren't for my vows... Ahem. Best not go that road, if I don't want the boss zapping me out of existence.
The Asgarnian ale must flow.

11-Jun-2022 07:32:30

Quick find code: 341-342-2-66205189 Back to Top