Forums

Zaros is EVIL

Quick find code: 341-342-2-66205189

William Witt
Aug Member 2023

William Witt

Posts: 12,465 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So here I am saving a damsel from a dragon and helping an old lady cross the street, when some young buck of a squire shows up and tells me that my boss is back in town and holding a ceremony for my co-workers and I. Well, that sounds quite spiffing to me; I haven't seen the old fellow since we raided Zamorak's hideout together. How the devil has he been, eh? It's a jolly good show once I get back to the castle - All 698 of us knights, packed into the courtyard like sardines in a tin. Seems like a rather good time, and knowing old bluebeard, the afterparty will be nothing to sniff at either; rooftop barbecues and all that rot. And wouldn't you know, the old gent is actually going to let us all pass around his crown and get a good look at it! I've always wanted to try the thing on, and it's an honor and all that, knowing how much he trusts us. He has his flaws, the boss, but he's a right decent chap when you get down to it.

And then, just as I'm about to see what all the fuss is about with this Elder God crown of his, suddenly this great blooming purple fellow shows up and gatecrashes the party! Apparently half the lads have been on his payroll, so to speak (well, not literally, as we don't get paid). Never did like how Tiffy's lot bent the rules, saw our knightly code more as a guideline, but how was I to expect them to turn on us? It's all down to that funny horn he blew, I think. And then old Purpley there, wouldn't you know, snatches up the boss' crown and an entire division of our order, and just goes and flies the coop! Everything's been a bit of a mess since then, I never did get to play with that crown, and now I'm stuck on latrine duty because the chap who would usually do it has gone and gotten himself indoctrinated by a flying dishcloth. Bad form!
The Asgarnian ale must flow.

25-Feb-2021 17:36:38 - Last edited on 26-Feb-2021 17:32:26 by William Witt

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You deserved better, my white-armoured friend.

You deserved a chance to try on that crown, and maybe even have an imp-in-a-box take a picture of you with it, what?

I really do wish to apologize on the behalf of my former boss (the flying dishcloth in question; we've had a bit of a falling out over these very actions of his!). and please let it be known that not all of us who follow(ed) him were aware of these plans, nor do we support them.

From a (former) Zarosian to a devout Knight of the Order, our most sincerest apologies.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

25-Feb-2021 18:40:21

Roland Lyons
Mar Member 2014

Roland Lyons

Posts: 3,475 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fuck Zaros

All my homies hate Zaros

Original message details are unavailable.
"Then how can you know what you're doing is right? Yes, Saradomin has made mistakes. I'm sure he will again. He doesn't need the moral authority of a god to be a leader who wants what is best for his people. He doesn't need to be right all the time to be right. And when the alternative is an ancient, manipulative deceiver... I know where my loyalties lie. And seeing this, seeing you two, I'm more convinced than ever." - Sir Owen Sonde

My faith is strengthened, praise Saradomin! Hail the Polemarchos Autokrator!
I will protect Gielinor. Zaros has no love for its people.

-Saradomin, Polemarchos Autokrator

25-Feb-2021 18:46:00 - Last edited on 25-Feb-2021 18:58:54 by Roland Lyons

William Witt
Aug Member 2023

William Witt

Sepulchre said :

You deserved a chance to try on that crown, and maybe even have an imp-in-a-box take a picture of you with it, what?

I really do wish to apologize on the behalf of my former boss (the flying dishcloth in question; we've had a bit of a falling out over these very actions of his!). and please let it be known that not all of us who follow(ed) him were aware of these plans, nor do we support them.

From a (former) Zarosian to a devout Knight of the Order, our most sincerest apologies.

Oh, that's all right, then. I'm more disappointed at the fellows in our ranks who thought Zaros was a better option than any of the other dozen or so deities out there recruiting. I mean, really, I can see not caring for Saradomin - goodness knows he isn't perfect - but we've got a great flaming birdman up to our south, a druid commune two days' out from the city, and a whole stretch of goblin country to boot. There's plenty of options, and they go for a chap as badly dressed as this? Really, do they have no sense of aesthetics? Anyway, bygones and all. If you're in the market for a new thingy to follow, I go pub-crawling on Ivandays with a dwarven chap; we've had some great theological discussions about Guthix. Well, up until Guthix died, anyway. Bit of a show-stopper there.

25-Feb-2021 19:11:10

Roland Lyons
Mar Member 2014

Roland Lyons

Posts: 3,475 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dennorak said :
Zamorak clearly did nothing wrong
In this instance? No

In fact I'm all for a temporary alliance, let's put bunny ears back in the pyramid again.
I will protect Gielinor. Zaros has no love for its people.

-Saradomin, Polemarchos Autokrator

25-Feb-2021 19:27:57

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
William Witt said :
Sepulchre said :

Oh, that's all right, then. I'm more disappointed at the fellows in our ranks who thought Zaros was a better option than any of the other dozen or so deities out there recruiting. I mean, really, I can see not caring for Saradomin - goodness knows he isn't perfect - but we've got a great flaming birdman up to our south, a druid commune two days' out from the city, and a whole stretch of goblin country to boot. There's plenty of options, and they go for a chap as badly dressed as this? Really, do they have no sense of aesthetics? Anyway, bygones and all. If you're in the market for a new thingy to follow, I go pub-crawling on Ivandays with a dwarven chap; we've had some great theological discussions about Guthix. Well, up until Guthix died, anyway. Bit of a show-stopper there.

I'd very much enjoy that, it has been far too long since I've been on a good pub crawl. Was a bit traumatized by the one the Fremennik put me through.

I do agree that the birdman or the druids would be a better fit for ex-knights of Saradomin than some lord of darkness or whathaveyou, especially with the gaudy purple he runs around in. I'll let you in on a little secret, though. Zaros's robes aren't even made of real cloth or anything! They're gaudy AND fake. What a mess, that is.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

25-Feb-2021 19:36:17 - Last edited on 25-Feb-2021 19:43:20 by Sepulchre

Androme

Androme

Posts: 6,474 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So, clearly Zaros is still intent on becoming an Elder God.

Since this is a lore discussion forum, let's discuss how he's trying to go about this.

During the quest, Ariane (or maybe it was Azzanadra), says that the destruction of artefacts could potentially be one way through which the eggs can be hatched? Is Zaros hoarding artefacts for this purpose maybe? If yes, why?

Regarding the monolith, that's not lore I've kept up with. What is this monolith, what is its importance?

25-Feb-2021 21:30:20 - Last edited on 25-Feb-2021 21:30:49 by Androme

William Witt
Aug Member 2023

William Witt

Roland Lyons said :
Hail the Polemarchos Autokrator!

Oho, the language of the priests of Entrana, is it? Let me see if I remember the old grammar... Ahem: I mitéra sou ítan éna goblin kai o patéras sou mýrize san kókkina moúra.

25-Feb-2021 22:14:05

The contents of this message have been hidden.

25-Feb-2021 23:07:29

Quick find code: 341-342-2-66205189 Back to Top