Forums

Beating Zaros at his own game?

Quick find code: 341-342-173-65869358

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Even the Elders needs power, Anima, to create life. But that is all they use. Admittedly it is their own Anima they use to make something, but it also has to be able to autonomous from the Maker. So the Maker can die and it will carry on regardless.

Zaros wants to be an Elder God and he thinks it is his birth right and is willing to walk over as many faces as it takes to reach that goal. Every young god (includes Zaros) has mutated existing life to create something else. The Elders do not see that as creating life from nothing.

I say we beat him at his own game. It doesn't matter how small the life made is, as long as it is life! I'd just love to see his face when we succeed where he failed for so long. And as a bonus we'd prove we are woth keeping around to the Elders! ^_^

So thinking small, can we beat the face stepping Big Z at his own game?

Edit: The "Young gods" are just powerful individuals that will get no afterlife. Guthix stopped us from being able to join their ranks. So no ascension to godhood? You know what? I think we maybe be more able to become one now than before. Jas turned down Zaros for ascension to the Elder Tier as being impossible. So I say to you, that godhood is still attainable, even if the individual is still "weak and mortal". It is about ability and not raw power!

Edit2: Adding this in to clarify something. The Elders build enough of the universe for life to take root and when it does they eat it all. It something like do you want the I'll give you a penny and double the amount every day or you can have 5 thou now? And they take the 5k every time. They grab what they can as soon as they wake. They also do everything on a massive scale fie wise...maybe they have been trying to hard?

You might be able to create a thousand life forms, but if the other guy's small little thing one being doubles every hour by end of the week you won't be able to count them all!
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

12-Jan-2017 20:09:01 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2017 20:59:28 by Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Yeah, I had considered that, but it would need to take part in the whole lifecyle thing. Makes more of itself(multiplies), generates more Anima. ect, The Homunculus just exists, I don't think the Elders would be impressed in the least.

Might be a good place to start the search though, we might even find out what the disco floor is about!

12-Jan-2017 20:25:25

SixOfOne
Apr Member 2023

SixOfOne

Posts: 83 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
While it would be an interesting idea, the player cannot create or manipulate life or will ever be able to. The character is not able to become a god even if we wanted to and the creation of life from nothing is only able to be done by the Elder Gods. We cannot do it, Zaros cannot do it even though he wants to be able to.

Also, not every God has manipulated life. To the best of my knowledge we have no examples of Armadyl and Saradomin doing that. Furthermore, both the various bandosian ogres and Chaos dwarves are not on the same level as the Nihil. The Ogres and Dwarves are just slight variations and are not anything remarkable. The Nihil is Zaros taking other species and turning them into something completely different. That is what separates a T2 from a T3 and is why Jas didn't consider them true creations as they were already something else to begin with.

Basically what Zamorak did with Dwarves to Chaos Dwarves is basically along the lines of changing an ethnic identity or a monkey to a different type of monkey. In comparison, what Zaros did was taking a fish and making it into a bird.

I would also take the Homunculus with a grain of salt. It's a very early piece of content that now doesn't really fit with the game lore. It is also more likely that it's simply resurrecting animals from body parts and fusing them together to create an amalgamation.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes

12-Jan-2017 21:32:24

SixOfOne
Apr Member 2023

SixOfOne

We need to prove our worth to the Elders a different way. Zaros knows that he can't create life from nothing. Him asking Jas whether the Nihil count is just him being optimistic, if a chance is offered you might as well try. He knows that he needs to become an Elder God a different way, so he's now working extra hard to find that way. I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes

12-Jan-2017 21:35:00

SixOfOne
Apr Member 2023

SixOfOne

Ancient Drew said :
Solmestix said :
Two words.

THE HOMUNCULUS

(you know, from Tower of Life!)
It takes bits of bodies from other animals. Not that different to what Zaros was doing with the nihil.

Except it is. On the surface it's similar, but the creatures that the homunculus creates are just amalgamations of 2 different things. The Nihil are a completely different species and drastically different to the things they originally were. The Homunculus is basically just creating a Liger. Zaros is turning a lion into a completely different species.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes

12-Jan-2017 21:47:57

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

SixOfOne said :
Ancient Drew said :
Solmestix said :
Two words.

THE HOMUNCULUS

(you know, from Tower of Life!)
It takes bits of bodies from other animals. Not that different to what Zaros was doing with the nihil.

Except it is. On the surface it's similar, but the creatures that the homunculus creates are just amalgamations of 2 different things. The Nihil are a completely different species and drastically different to the things they originally were. The Homunculus is basically just creating a Liger. Zaros is turning a lion into a completely different species.
Homunculus is an entity that was created from life energy. The other things in there we jam together are the Frankenstein Zaros type creations. Everyone that has tried to create life of any kind went straight to sprinting and failed epically; In other words tied to create sentient life. You have to learn to crawl and build off of that to work up to something...It might be slime, but it will be my slime! :P

12-Jan-2017 23:03:40 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2017 23:06:16 by Solanumtinkr

Zulkir

Zulkir

Posts: 7,343 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Impossible. Zaros has eons worth of intelligence, insight, past experiences and the drive to accomplish his goal of creating life.

You just want to try and be spiteful because you're still scraping off divine monkey excrement off of yourself. :P
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

12-Jan-2017 23:14:41 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2017 23:15:03 by Zulkir

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kinda sad, isn't it? It's taken Zaros eons and he couldn't create life. It took Zamorak millenia to succeed. It takes your typical human less than a year. Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

12-Jan-2017 23:17:26

Quick find code: 341-342-173-65869358 Back to Top