SixOfOne
Apr Member 2023

SixOfOne

Posts: 83 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Solanumtinkr said :
SixOfOne said :
Solanumtinkr said :
Solmestix said :
Didnt they say at Runefest in a Lore Q+A that Centaurs are a mix breed of Unicorns and Men? If they ain't a natural race then someone made them. Maybe at one point Saradomin was T2? It explains how such a peaceful-seeming race supports Saradomin to their extinction.
Mutating life, just like Zaros if that is true.

Being a T2 God means that your power is obtained directly from anima. Seren taught this to Guthix which is how he ascended from T3 to T2. If Saradomin was once a T2 god then it means he has somehow forgotten how to do this. That is how Zaros regained his power by eating Muspah. It is possible that the centaurs were created by a T2 god that we don't know about or it is just as likely that they are natural (who the hell knows how unicorns work?). The only canon example of the manipulation of life we have is Zaros' creation of the muspah
The Tower of Life can pull such a stunt. I wonder if the Centaurs could have come about after the "other half" arrived here?

I would be wary about using the ToL as an example as it was added to the game almost 10 years ago and thus may not fit with current lore. What the tower of life does is different anyway as it is simply resurrecting two creatures in a weird combination. Not quite the same as taking a vampyre and turning it into a Nihil (which are fertile).

If you're talking about Seren, then it's possible although unlikely at this point in time. We don't know where Seren went before visiting Tarddiad, but she can't have done after that point as unicorns aren't found in Tirannwn and Centaurs aren't native to Geilinor. Bearing in mind they come from the Enchanted Valley, which is full of 'fairy-tale' like things, we should probably work on the basis that they're natural until given contradicting information.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes

16-Jan-2017 13:19:00

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The "Young gods" are just powerful individuals that will get no afterlife. Guthix stopped us from being able to join their ranks. So no ascension to godhood? You know what? I think we maybe be more able to become one now than before. Jas turned down Zaros for ascension to the Elder Tier as being impossible. So I say to you, that godhood is still attainable, even if the individual is still "weak and mortal". It is about ability and not raw power!

(Addded to OP)
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

22-Jan-2017 12:44:05

SixOfOne
Apr Member 2023

SixOfOne

Solanumtinkr said :
The "Young gods" are just powerful individuals that will get no afterlife. Guthix stopped us from being able to join their ranks. So no ascension to godhood? You know what? I think we maybe be more able to become one now than before. Jas turned down Zaros for ascension to the Elder Tier as being impossible. So I say to you, that godhood is still attainable, even if the individual is still "weak and mortal". It is about ability and not raw power!

(Addded to OP)

It wouldn't work from a gameplay perspective. We know ascending to Godhood isn't about raw power but Jagex cannot make the player character a T1 God or a God in general without removing all challenge from the game itself. Also, what happens then if the character somehow dies? Without breaking established canon the player character can't come back to life. It would render the game broken in too many ways. The only way the character can become a God is if we are made one by the Elder Gods as otherwise the character can't permanently hold on to divine energy thanks to Guthix, and Jagex will not take that route. We know the character has access to the afterlife already and there is more to ascending than simply being a powerful individual.

22-Jan-2017 17:36:49

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
SixOfOne said :
Solanumtinkr said :

(Addded to OP)

It wouldn't work from a gameplay perspective. We know ascending to Godhood isn't about raw power but Jagex cannot make the player character a T1 God or a God in general without removing all challenge from the game itself.*snip*
I was saying that being a god and claiming to be one due to a power, mutation are not the same thing.

I'd go as far as calling Tiers 7-2 Demi Gods (notice the capitalisation I don't give them anywhere else). I say a God and a god are 2 different things entirely. But do you know what? I might even call them semi-gods, rather than demi. It walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck but it's probably a goose.

Point being that being an Elder is more about ability than raw power. Having a lot of power just makes doing work en mass a lot easier. But if something could create life, was still mortal with an afterlife, but did not wield the power of the godhood tiers, does them make them a god, or something else? Or could it call the Elders own assumptions into question and shake things up?
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

22-Jan-2017 22:28:30

SixOfOne
Apr Member 2023

SixOfOne

I think you've missed the point in what I was saying there. The PC can't ascend to godhood even if we become more powerful than some of the actual gods (which is incredibly unlikely as there are limits to how powerful the PC can become and also because it would be stupid mechanically)

The young gods are nearly all ascended mortals so calling them gods is the easiest way to categorise them. It's similar to Heracles who ascended to Mount Olympus upon his death-becoming a full-fledged god. Calling them demi-gods would be wrong in line with the game lore as that is a specific tier of godhood. You're point about calling them semi-gods as opposed to demi-gods is redundant as those terms are synonymous. You would be better consider them as X% god, but that raises the question as to how you quantify being a god in the first place which would be completely subjective and in contrast to the established canon.

The only factor in becoming an Elder is whether you have the ability to create life from nothing, like we have seen Jas do. This ability can only be performed by beings that are T1 and thus cannot be performed by a mortal and will never be able to be performed by the player character. If the hypothetical situation you proposed came to pass, then going by the information we currently have it would make that being a T1 god. Jas' response to Zaros and answer when questioned about Seren is to do with the fact that they can't be Elder Gods because they don't have the abilities of a T1 at the current time. Furthermore, Jas considers it impossible for them to gain that power because they weren't created with it. But, Jas also considers it possible for them both to be more than what they are currently even if they can't become an Elder in the view of Jas.

22-Jan-2017 23:42:10 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2017 23:47:49 by SixOfOne

SixOfOne
Apr Member 2023

SixOfOne

Solanumtinkr said :
From the repeated use of ascend ascend ascend ascend , I see you missed the point. Might as well give up *sigh*

Then help me to understand the point that you were making. There's no discussion if someone gives up.

From my perspective, you were originally making the point that the PC can become a god as it is to do with more than raw power. This is true as the Dragonkin are a good example of this. I replied to this stating how I felt that from a gameplay perspective the PC being a god wouldn't work.

You replied to this by providing a hypothetical situation as well as presenting your opinion on something. Both of these I questioned.

So, what haven't I understood here? Help me to understand so that we can be on the same page and can discuss it further. Also, what word instead of 'ascend' would you prefer when talking about a mortal becoming a god?

23-Jan-2017 21:34:58 - Last edited on 23-Jan-2017 21:48:06 by SixOfOne

Quick find code: 341-342-173-65869358 Back to Top