Forums

Elder GWD+Ful's Design Reveal!

Quick find code: 341-342-1-66123899

Gamez X
Sep Member 2014

Gamez X

Posts: 885 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well this runefest there wasnt that much new info about the elders, except raven stating definitively that there are only 5 elder gods and no others. Something to take into account when theorizing the rumored 6th or xau tak, whatever they are they seem to not be full blown elders

Next big thing is the upcoming GWD3, the elder GWD! I'm having many thoughts about this atm, are the factions gonna be the 4 elders with this being our test to prove ourselves? Or is it only gonna be ful featuring in this? I do hope its more than just ful cus there needs to be more than just a fire theme. Will this feature an elder god sword or other god weapons like telos?

But one of the big things (for me atleast) is we finally have an official design for what appears to be ful:

She seems to be some kind of worm or maybe flower shape which is interesting. But it does bring up an interesting point for me, this plus jas and mah seems to be heavily made up of their main element/theme (darkness, sand and fire) and that classic array of 8 eyes. These are very clear design themes, which begs the question whats with that previous picture we had of bik being some kind of giant shark crab? That never had the elder eyes and nor did it represent the element of earth and nature. Should we take that old picture as subject for redesign now?

So just for comparison, here's the other elder designs we've seen so far:

Mah

Jas

Bik

I hope you can see what i mean by bik seems rather off compared to the thematic designs of the others so far. Bik aside until we get further word on that, it would seem the only elder we've yet to see now is wen

Anywho what thoughts and theories does everyone else have on this stuff?

05-Oct-2019 20:32:25

TheSARra
Feb Member 2019

TheSARra

Posts: 18 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It'll be interesting to see what creatures 'serve' each faction. I imagine for Ful, it'd be Tzhaar/TokHaar, considering Ful made them, from what I remember, as some of them. I remember seeing in the annual survey that Wen had a connection to the Imcando dwarves, so could they be a part of her faction?

05-Oct-2019 22:28:23

Penny Drakis

Penny Drakis

Posts: 789 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The elder gods have such diverse body plans, I don't really think there is a overall theme other than the eight eyes. And Bik does have 8 eyes, maybe even 10.

As for individual themes, Bik is the shaper of worlds and of the sacred clay. It's not something that can be depicted as readily as fire, ice, darkness/light, and sand. Maybe Bik looks more like a spider, I dunno. Bik's concept art is a bit like the Lion Turtles from Avatar: The Last Air Bender.

I don't know where the idea of a theme of earth or nature come from, but a giant crab island or lion turtle or shark spider mountain seems pretty earthy and naturey to me.
Humility is self-destruction, pride is the destruction of all else. And He said, "
Let there be light.
"
And then there were none .

05-Oct-2019 23:53:31

Gamez X
Sep Member 2014

Gamez X

Penny, the elements of earth and nature have always been associated with bik. Its been stated by jagex when they where explaining the different attributes of the elders a couple runefests ago, plus in the desperate times quest seren even says this outright, hence her idea of building a garden to appease her. Her original artwork of when the elders where more "elemental golem"-like shows her being basically an ent, plus her egg in the freneskae elder halls is in an earthy chamber, while the others are in chambers themed on their own elements

Thats why its just odd to me this picture of bik doesnt look earthy or nature-like at all. Jas fits her sandy theme, ful is clearly fitting her lava theme and mah (though malformed) was clearly dark in nature

Ohh and while yes she does appear to have 8 eyes, my point is in all the "confirmed" designs of elders we've seen, they all have them in that array, the same symbol as on the elder summoning charms, even seren and zaros have the same eye configuration since they're direct children of an elder. That array just seems to be the iconic symbol of the elders, so to me its weird that bik doesnt have it when they're clearly establishing a design pattern

Overall i think its just odd she seems more like a water monster than a nature elder, infact it looks more like just a giant crassian, its just not the bik thats been established in the story so i'm wondering if they're redesigning it now

06-Oct-2019 00:22:03 - Last edited on 06-Oct-2019 00:46:35 by Gamez X

Gamez X
Sep Member 2014

Gamez X

SaRra, interesting thought about wen being connected to the imcando but i'm not too certain about that. To me that survey question sounded more like the imcando city just happened to be located underneath where wen rested. Clearly the imcando's would have settled on gilenor way later after the elders had faded from knowledge, so it feels more like a coincidence that city would have been there

Wen is the elder of ice so i'd expect some glacor like enemies from her, the dwarves seem way more earth orientated for that. So if the presumably 4 factions are gonna be the 4 elders (still a big question at this point) then quite likely glacor type things for wen, tzhaar creatures undoubtedly for ful but what about bik and jas?

Or maybe what about the traditional 5th endgame boss, surely couldnt be ful herself if she's hosting this event. Perhaps an rs3 variant of the inferno boss made by ful?

06-Oct-2019 00:35:04

Uncle Harper
Jul Member 2015

Uncle Harper

Posts: 396 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You took him seriously about there being only 5 elders? To me it sounded sarcastic. Like when he said of course sliske is dead...why wouldnt he be? Despite us all having knowledge to the contrary. I have seen the dark universe yawning, where the black planets roll without aim;
Where they roll in their horror unheeded, without knowledge or lustre or name.

06-Oct-2019 03:52:33

Uncle Harper
Jul Member 2015

Uncle Harper

Posts: 396 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Plus theres still Mod Orions spoiler from the live stream last year when he was asked if the elite dungeons were connected to the elder gods and he said "Yes but not geilinors elder gods." I have seen the dark universe yawning, where the black planets roll without aim;
Where they roll in their horror unheeded, without knowledge or lustre or name.

06-Oct-2019 03:53:41

A Mighty

A Mighty

Posts: 2,337 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Uncle Harper said :
Plus theres still Mod Orions spoiler from the live stream last year when he was asked if the elite dungeons were connected to the elder gods and he said "Yes but not geilinors elder gods."

There were Elder Gods from previous Revisions though, i.e. the last batch of Elders would have been "Freneskae's Elder Gods". Doesn't necessarily confirm more than 5 Elders.

Personally, I believe there's only 6 (5 corporeal + 1 incorporeal). But who knows :P
To those cursed by war and pest, Come into the light of Armadyl and rest. This is the law of Armadyl.

08-Oct-2019 03:35:26 - Last edited on 08-Oct-2019 03:35:50 by A Mighty

Inque
Nov Member 2013

Inque

Posts: 548 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bik's design is really old, and it's not impossible that the Elder Goddess' designs would change over the years. It's already happened, actually: remember the super old picture of Jas, Bik, and Ful creating a planet from the Origins of Gielinor video? They're most likely retconned by now. And of course, another way to think of it is that the Elder Goddesses can shapeshift and change their appearances as they like. Jas can manipulate her size to be as large as a planet, so this isn't too farfetched.
You can't read this signature. It's written in invisible inque.

09-Oct-2019 14:24:24 - Last edited on 09-Oct-2019 18:12:11 by Inque

Gamez X
Sep Member 2014

Gamez X

Well inque, they kinda addressed that during their cosmology segment at a runefest a few years ago. In that they said when the elders first hatched and set out into the universe they looked more like just primitive elemental golems as they where still young. The picture you and they are referring to being this:

They then said that over time they grew into adults as they made planets but in the final planes through use of the catalyst they evolved into new transcendent forms, with jas being the first to discover these new evolutions

So that really old picture i think canonically now is just them at the start of the universe while their current more alien forms is when they evolved into their final transcendent forms. Mah's more humanoid form (although deformed) seems to be their regular adult form after growing up as she's clearly more than an elemental golem but cant be evolved since she never came into contact with the catalyst. Infact legend_arts made an awesome piece of concept art where they drew the adult forms of all the elders:

So overall my theory atm is they hatch into those golems in the first picture, then they grew into the humanoid adult forms legend_arts drew. Then finally after continuous use of the catalyst, they evolved further into the new more alien designs they are now

Bik's design is still a question though. She clearly must be fully evolved like the others but that picture doesnt have any of the characteristic design elements of all the elders so far or even her own element (which was further confirmed to indeed be nature and earth in just the most recent quest). I do hope they change it before they actually use it

09-Oct-2019 16:57:33

Quick find code: 341-342-1-66123899 Back to Top