Forums

Fix Seers' Rooftop Mark Drops

Quick find code: 322-323-722-66270477

HaikuAB

HaikuAB

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After experimenting with both the Canifis and Seers' Village Rooftop Courses, I've come to the conclusion that there is a problem with the Mark of Grace rates on the Seers' Village course.

For context, I am currently 68 agility and have the Medium Kandarin Diary completed, which should give me 10% increased Marks of Grace on the Seers' Village course.

From what I've found, Marks of Grace (or "Marks" for brevity) appear based on a few factors, namely the level of the player and the time spent on the course. Marks appear to have a chance of spawning upon starting a rooftop course after a 2:15 cooldown, which scales based on the amount of time spent on the course during that cooldown period. This is apparent when you idle at the end of a course, almost guaranteeing a Mark at the end of that two-minute period when you start the next lap. As well, the chance decreases if the player is more than 20 levels above the minimum for completing the course.

However, this isn't the case for the Seers' course. While you can expect to get a Mark on average every 2:30 seconds at Canifis, from my experience the average is over five minutes at the Seers' course. Even after waiting 10 minutes at the end of the Seers' course, it will take upwards of 10-20 laps for a Mark to appear. Compare this to the Canifis course even at 68 agility - far past the 20-levels-above threshold for a lower Mark rate - which still consistently gives marks every 2 minutes and 30 seconds spent on the course.

I believe the distance from the end of the Seers' course to the start of the next lap is so long that the scaling resets, reverting to the basic "no time spent on course" rates of Mark drops.

This is likely a bug, and severely hinders what should be a great reward from the achievement diaries for the region.

Could you please analyze the rates to make sure they align with what should be expected?

30-Dec-2022 03:18:56 - Last edited on 30-Dec-2022 03:27:41 by HaikuAB

Quick find code: 322-323-722-66270477 Back to Top