Forums

Bringing back the loan system?

Quick find code: 322-323-587-66248278

Atazoth
Jan Member 2023

Atazoth

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As much as I liked the loan system I do not think it should be implemented into OSRS. It would mess with the economy to much and bring even more circulation of currency into the game. People will lend there items for a certain amount of money per hour. This made lots of RS2/RS3 players rich without doing anything. So that is my reason on why it should not be implemented.
ATAZOTH

13-Mar-2022 17:25:41

Maks Cape
Jan Member 2020

Maks Cape

Posts: 1,308 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Atazoth said :
As much as I liked the loan system I do not think it should be implemented into OSRS. It would mess with the economy to much and bring even more circulation of currency into the game. People will lend there items for a certain amount of money per hour. This made lots of RS2/RS3 players rich without doing anything. So that is my reason on why it should not be implemented.

Agreed, the economy plays a big factor in Old School and having the loan system implemented would put it in shambles. Also, as much as I liked the loan system back in the day, it would take away that Old School feeling and the main purpose of the game is to GRIND and feel some sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.

14-Mar-2022 02:56:19

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,655 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xSox said :
Will we ever see this come back to the game in OSRS?

I hope. Lending/borrowing could be a legit moneymaking method for rich players to lend their tbows or scythes, maybe change it from rs3 version to allow lending multiple items from the same lender to the same borrower and charge a agreed upon fee to borrow up to 3 items. I think full torva could lend for at least 3m per piece or 9m for the whole set for a 10 hr period. Could add a small booth at ge to put lending/borrowing offers for lendable items. Could also add a money sink like 5m-30m depending on which item you want to borrow so players have to sink their own gp to unlock borrowing certain items. I only see positives with adding loan system to osrs.

16-Mar-2022 04:31:10

Teridax
Aug Member 2023

Teridax

Posts: 3,499 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No support can you fucking apes suggest something new and unique to oldschool instead of begging for more RS3 content, no fucking support the rich do not need to be made richer with a loan system. I'm sick and tired of these forums you people are simple minded and Ik not completing like 4 captchas every time I need to log in and tell you people your ideas are terrible

16-Mar-2022 12:15:20

Wood Cut CEO
Dec Member 2023

Wood Cut CEO

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bump. I think items loan system would be a nice addition to OSRS.

To combat free money circulation and to avoid the feature being exploited to become rich upon certain items, I believe the game could automatically set the loan price upon a % of the items current price, and set a range like for example---> 4% to 5% in which players could set a price. Meaning if the item's price is 1M and the loan price range is 4% to 5%, the player can choose a price between 40k to 50k. Percentages mentioned are an example.

This can also help fight real life money circulation in the game, since there are many expensive items the majority of players cannot afford, which ends up in some players breaking the rules to get them. A correctly implemented loan system could reduce some players' intention to get an item "illegaly" and just obtaining it through this process, even if it's temporal (we all know most players just wanna get off their chest that feeling of "I've wielded an Ely&quot ;) and take a cool picture of themselves.

As well, and to guarantee a percentage of taxation, Grand Exchange could loan specific items, even if they'd have a limited amount for lending.
Chop chop!

23-Jan-2023 17:13:42 - Last edited on 23-Jan-2023 17:15:53 by Wood Cut CEO

Angel2D4

Angel2D4

Posts: 15,772 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You peeps don't want a 'lending' system.. you want a RENTING system.

No support for a "lending system" that players can (and would) CHARGE to "lend".
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King Jr.

27-Jan-2023 01:42:44

Quick find code: 322-323-587-66248278 Back to Top