Forums

Add Summoning to OSRS

Quick find code: 322-323-452-66255836

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,613 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ I Versace I - A couple of your posts above have been removed as flaming.

Please stick to the thread's topic and do not make personal attacks against other users.

Code of Conduct :
"Be respectful of your fellow forumers.
No need to flame any players, no matter your history.
There is a difference between flaming another player and sharing your opinion on their argument. Remember to discuss the topic, not the player you're talking to"
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

23-Jun-2022 04:32:49

The contents of this message have been hidden.

23-Jun-2022 22:03:04

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,249 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@I Versace I - In response to your question about flaming. In this instance, it is the act of posting an insult about a poster(s). Specifically, your insult was about others' intelligence. The best way to avoid flaming is to refrain from posting about others and instead post about the topic.

Also, you can read about Forum Moderators here.
like a chica cherry cola

@Twillow_RS|| #teamblue|| #Purple4life

24-Jun-2022 03:11:07 - Last edited on 24-Jun-2022 03:16:15 by Twillow

Maydaysos

Maydaysos

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Just because a small minority dont want to work for certain things doesnt mean the game should remain stagnated forever."

1. I don't think it's a "small minority"
2. You can update OSRS without adding summoning. OSRS has not been stagnant

13-Apr-2023 22:43:31

Lelouch Vi B
Jan Member 2017

Lelouch Vi B

Posts: 2,111 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pretty sure Taming just got handily destroyed in the new skill poll specifically because it reminded too many people of Summoning. Even Jagex was well aware OSRS players don't want summoning, given just how many times they said:

"This isn't summoning"
"It's really not like summoning"
"it has very little in common with summoning."

They really wanted to distance themselves from the Summoning skill and there's a reason behind that.

I have no hate for the Summoning skill personally, but I do wish the way to level it up had more to do with actually using your familiars, and less of Runecrafting 2.0.
Now with added
[SARCASM]
Warnings for those less astute!

Archaeology Elite Skill Suggestion

14-Apr-2023 06:50:10

MsRS
Jun Member 2022

MsRS

Posts: 102 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
THE issue with this is, Summoning comes into OSRS it won't be OSRS anymore, look at what happened to OSRS 07 it turned into RS3. So no, i don't agree we should have summoning to OSRS because what? 138 combat level? NO 126 is original OSRS feel.
;) Happy ^_^

-Quester-
-07 Player-
-Girl Gamer-

14-Apr-2023 10:52:24

TheHugeSack
Jun Member 2021

TheHugeSack

Posts: 25 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I honestly don't like the idea of adding content from the original rs2. Recycling stuff from rs2 just feels lazy. Also, there is no point to poll summoning as the new skill. There was a whole process of picking what the three skills would be. There was a decent amount of support for summoning in those talks, but the backlash was a lot higher. The Jmod team came up with taming as a better middle ground for summoning that would better fit the osrs environment. Looking at the polls for the new skill taming got killed. I think it would have a hard time passing as a stand-alone option let alone if there are other options that actually add new content to the game.

14-Apr-2023 18:12:12

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Posts: 438 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here is the problem with summoning in osrs.

Many people did not agree with the combat familiars. Others loved them.
IF jagex left the combat familiars, the first would vote it down. If they took it out, the later would vote it down.

Many people did not agree with the healing familiars. Others loved them.
IF jagex left the healing familiars, the first would vote it down. If they took it out, the later would vote it down.

Many people did not agree with the beast of burdens. Others loved them.
IF jagex left the beast of burden, the first would vote it down. If they took it out, the later would vote it down.

There is no combination of these that would pass 50% let alone the threshold needed to add it to the game.

15-Apr-2023 03:16:24

Quick find code: 322-323-452-66255836 Back to Top