Forums

Add Summoning to OSRS

Quick find code: 322-323-452-66255836

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^Yet ppl are ok with things like corp and gwd despite those being from rs3.

Heck, osrs even has its own raids even though that was rs3 exclusive at one point.

So why pick and choose what is/isnt "ok" being added?

Either be against everything or for everything.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

22-Jun-2022 07:01:35 - Last edited on 22-Jun-2022 07:04:25 by Draco Burnz

Teridax
Aug Member 2023

Teridax

Posts: 3,499 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ What if I told you I never wanted updates at all? And with everything that's about to change to OSRS I'm actually going to quit. So you know what? Let summoning and everything that was fucking bullshit come into the game. I no longer care. The game is ruined. This is not oldschool RuneScape anymore.

22-Jun-2022 12:20:08

The contents of this message have been hidden.

22-Jun-2022 17:06:51

The contents of this message have been hidden.

22-Jun-2022 17:10:56

I Versace I
Nov Member 2023

I Versace I

Posts: 42 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Teridax said :
My opinion on summoning isn't going to change so there's no point trying to change my mind, I hate to see that you think RuneScape is all about the grind, maybe you should stop and smell the flowers once in a while in the game. But back on point, summoning is a dreadful skill and it wouldn't pass a poll Simple as.

We should test your theory then.
Bunch of noobs ^_^

22-Jun-2022 17:12:25

I Versace I
Nov Member 2023

I Versace I

Brianblk said :
I Versace I said :
I would like to see summoning added to old school. It was a great skill in my opinion. It was very fun to train & use. It seems like a lot of people, including myself would like to see the skill added. Another person posted a thread as well a little while back that has received a lot of feedback/support.

If you enjoy training it so much, go train it in RS3. Stop trying to have them add stuff from the other game. There is no point. Why bother with oldschool if you're just going to keep adding things from RS3? Simple as that. Play RS3 if you miss everything about it. RS3 is ruined now.

It seems you don’t really understand what’s what here. Let me break it down for you…
Summoning & Ancient armors are from 2008. Curse prayers/extreme & overloads are from 2009. Both of those years are RS2. OSRS is based off RS2 as well which is from 2007. So no, I’m not “adding” RS3 content, I’m actually adding later updates that were added back in RS2 originally.

And I’m not a big fan of EOC. That’s why I’m here. Anyways, hopefully you learned something here today.
Bunch of noobs ^_^

22-Jun-2022 20:00:02 - Last edited on 22-Jun-2022 20:06:57 by I Versace I

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Teridax said :
^ What if I told you I never wanted updates at all? And with everything that's about to change to OSRS I'm actually going to quit. So you know what? Let summoning and everything that was fucking bullshit come into the game. I no longer care. The game is ruined. This is not oldschool RuneScape anymore.

Uhh it never was considering the community has full control on what does/doesnt enter the game.

So i dont understand when it started being "oldschool" due to said fact.

Plus considering you just said you didnt want any updates why did you choose to continue despite seemingly not liking any of the updates?
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

22-Jun-2022 21:55:09

I Versace I
Nov Member 2023

I Versace I

Teridax said :

So in your theory, everything should just stay the same forever? Lol the game would’ve died ages ago if that’s the case. People would lose interest if nothing new or exciting never happens. Jagex would’ve never made it this far without the continuation of new things. If you don’t like a certain thing/skill just don’t use it. Why ruined it for everyone else who wants it?
Bunch of noobs ^_^

22-Jun-2022 22:42:00

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

I Versace I said :

So in your theory, everything should just stay the same forever? Lol the game would’ve died ages ago if that’s the case. People would lose interest if nothing new or exciting never happens. Jagex would’ve never made it this far without the continuation of new things. If you don’t like a certain thing/skill just don’t use it. Why ruined it for everyone else who wants it?

Pretty much.

So its in everyones best interest to keep updating the game so it doesnt get stale and stagnated.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

23-Jun-2022 01:26:56

Quick find code: 322-323-452-66255836 Back to Top