Forums

Add the money pouch.

Quick find code: 322-323-335-66262743

ShawnBW

ShawnBW

Posts: 1,070 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Teridax said :
No to the coin pouch stop being weak OSRS players and learn how to manage your inventory. It’s part of the game. If you want shitty hand-holdy RuneScape then just go back to RS3.

Hello, max player here with a true-max skill on OSRS. Have you ever heard of QOL? Perhaps you shouldn't demean people for wanting QOL updates which actually improve the game while being reductive by calling it "hand-holdy" when it's not holding anyone's hand or doing anything to make the game easier. Your post is rather toxic.

This suggestion simply eliminates a needless redundancy.

23-Sep-2022 16:43:52

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Teridax said :
No to the coin pouch stop being weak OSRS players and learn how to manage your inventory. It’s part of the game. If you want shitty hand-holdy RuneScape then just go back to RS3.

TFW you can still keep coins in inventory even with pouch.

So if you want to play the less "hand-holdy" way you'll still be able to.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

23-Sep-2022 23:52:26

Teridax
Aug Member 2023

Teridax

Posts: 3,499 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :
Teridax said :

That feel when players want to keep their looted coins when they die in PVM, nah dude no, you aren’t getting a coin pouch. You need to risk somehow, in PVM and PVP

24-Sep-2022 18:11:24

ShawnBW

ShawnBW

Teridax said :
Draco Burnz said :
Teridax said :

That feel when players want to keep their looted coins when they die in PVM, nah dude no, you aren’t getting a coin pouch. You need to risk somehow, in PVM and PVP

Lol...
Yes, let's just ignore that all the other gear you use during combat exists. Go for it. Live in a fantasy world of your own devising where you're running naked through the game and have literally zero risk if you're not carrying gold. Gold that people aren't generally taking to wild to begin with and aren't taking with them during PVM combat, either, they're only acquiring it from the drops while there. Talk about a strawman about pennies on the thousands of dollars or more.

24-Sep-2022 22:28:03 - Last edited on 24-Sep-2022 22:32:09 by ShawnBW

Teridax
Aug Member 2023

Teridax

Posts: 3,499 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey! Last year we were all about gold sinks what tf happened to that glorious mentality? The coin pouch is going to cause hyper inflation! Next thing you cowards are gonna ask for is the toolbelt! No lol suffer without the coin pouch

25-Sep-2022 14:44:48

ShawnBW

ShawnBW

Teridax said :
Hey! Last year we were all about gold sinks what tf happened to that glorious mentality? The coin pouch is going to cause hyper inflation! Next thing you cowards are gonna ask for is the toolbelt! No lol suffer without the coin pouch

Lmao...
There's no evidence that a money pouch would cause hyper inflation. In fact, that coin pouch would be more likely to do little to nothing to affect inflation at all, given what I stated in my previous post. People aren't just running around with all their gold.

Also, really, I view the toolbelt as QOL, too, but people are more split on that for OSRS, so I'm not sure if it would pass a poll, especially since we already have some items that take an inventory space and function in a similar way.

25-Sep-2022 23:11:38

Mr_Finchwood
May Member 2021

Mr_Finchwood

Posts: 42 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Teridax said :

Incorrect. Being able to lose your coins on death to another player does not reduce the number of coins circulated in the game's economy; it only changes who owns those particular coins. This has no effect on inflation.

To counter your argument, this QoL upgrade could even serve as a sink in its own right, provided that there's a fee for using it (either a cost per day or a small percentage that falls out through the seams).

What I'm wondering is what currencies the in-game wallet would hold. Gold only? Or gold, platinum, tokkul, numulite, and so forth? Can I store my abyssal pearls in it? How about Shantay passes?

26-Jun-2023 18:22:40

Quick find code: 322-323-335-66262743 Back to Top