Forums

This game is depressing...

Quick find code: 317-318-892-66288700

Ironicho
May Member 2023

Ironicho

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Man at higher levels this game is just straight depressing. Ive been dry for like 3-4 weeks now on ANY DROPS -2 lightbearers @ toa. Literally every other bit of content that Ive tried in the past 3 weeks have given nothing.

https://imgur.com/a/J53LXV3

Wtf is this bandos log? Fix your damn drop rates and loot tables. Also 5k kc shamans..Nothing like spending months of your life to get nowhere. So yea Im pretty much stuck at bandos or shamans unless I wanna spend 40m on 255 Toas for dupes. Great game, loving end game content as an ironman, much fun such wow.
What is Rng?

14-Oct-2023 07:23:42 - Last edited on 14-Oct-2023 07:24:39 by Ironicho

Bruce Waayne
Oct Member 2023

Bruce Waayne

Posts: 4,611 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
no OP is right its why i rarely boss or hunt for drops, the RNG is just so shitty its not worth your time. Killing 300 of something for that one drop worth a lot of money. Woo how fun.
OSRS - Filled with harassers sad...~
- Give me Private Hiscores this should not be public information! - ! REMOVE OSRS TAX !

15-Oct-2023 02:08:42

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
OSRS is easy come, easy go, little high, little low. Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me.

Shrug! I am just not depressed when this game has reached this state. Just carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters.

15-Oct-2023 02:27:34

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,236 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bruce Waayne said :
Tenebri said :
if you dont like how the drops work in the game. you dont have to play.

typical fanboy response

back in 2012 i was doing trim completion cape. (this was before osrs was a thing) one of the reqs is champion challenges.

i went 25k ab spectres for the scroll. i left runescape for 3 years because of that 1 item. (been back since then as you can tell by whats said under my avatar pic)

just a fun fact about this "typical fanboy"

my point still stands dont like something dont play it. simple why put yourself through something you dislike its weird
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

15-Oct-2023 15:22:14 - Last edited on 15-Oct-2023 15:25:02 by Tenebri

Th3 Good Guy

Th3 Good Guy

Posts: 57 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It can be incredibly frustrating when you experience a long dry streak in a game like RuneScape, especially in endgame content. Ironman mode, in particular, can be quite challenging due to the self-sufficiency nature of the game mode. While RNG (random number generation) is a part of many games, it can sometimes feel like the odds are against you during extended periods without good drops.

Remember that RuneScape is designed to be a long-term and challenging game. Dry streaks can be disheartening, but they are a part of the experience. It's important to stay patient and persistent, as eventually, your luck should turn around.

If you're finding the frustration is affecting your enjoyment of the game, it might be helpful to take a break, try out different content, or set new goals to keep things fresh and enjoyable. Additionally, seeking advice from the RuneScape community or forums might offer new strategies or perspectives that can help you overcome challenges and achieve your goals.

Ultimately, the joy of RuneScape often comes from the satisfaction of achieving challenging objectives and reaching milestones, so don't let a dry streak deter you from your long-term goals. Keep at it, and your perseverance will pay off.
~Th3 Good Guy :)

15-Oct-2023 16:29:43

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MMORPG is not supposed to be focused on bossing and drop rates only. If you play an MMORPG and find nothing else interests you but only boss drop, then perhaps you no longer find this game entertaining.

I have found OSRS missing the persistent MMO game world content and the typical roleplaying, story driven game play for years. So no point for me to grind for loot as even if get the lucky drop, it won't help me in my next DMM or Leagues. When loot is meaningless, not getting the drop is hardly depressing to me. :)

16-Oct-2023 21:03:59 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2023 21:04:27 by Dilbert2001

Quick find code: 317-318-892-66288700 Back to Top