Forums

minigame chat channels

Quick find code: 317-318-715-66278654

Zeffirino
Jan Member 2023

Zeffirino

Posts: 394 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bruce Waayne said :
I got some bad news for you. The real world is much worse than a video game and there is no report button. Grow up and learn to ignore it, youll be happier in life.

I've found this connection some folks often make to the real world when unacceptable behaviour is taking place rather perplexing.

While it may be a virtual world, this virtual world is populated by real people and its worth noting that even in the 'real' world, we fight for justice on all the issues the OP mentioned. As an example if you acted the way some of the people the OP are describing acted in the modern office or workplace you'd be reprimanded pretty quickly, is that not the real world?

I think saying antiquated behaviour is ok because it exists in a different realm to not be much of a point. May I also point to umpteen researchers irl who will agree that toxic echo chambers on the internet does harm the real world you're referring to. It's a symbiotic relationship in that aspect.

The world only becomes more harmonious if we fight for it, otherwise we'd still be having the same conversations that we had 100 years ago, that is called progress imo :)

Let's all constructively agree/disagree/give nuanced opinions in a way that contributes to the OSRS community being harmonious and leading by example. Ensure we do our best to report players who are doing as the OP describes. :)

25-Apr-2023 06:45:25

Quick find code: 317-318-715-66278654 Back to Top