Forums

minigame chat channels

Quick find code: 317-318-715-66278654

Mothfinger
Feb Member 2022

Mothfinger

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've noticed that these public chat channels are some of the most toxic, bigoted, woman hating, racist spaces in osrs. I was wondering if you have any intention of moderating these? For new comers looking to get into the game, I don't think this is a great look. Cheers,
Mothfinger.

19-Apr-2023 15:04:44

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,000 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, Mothfinger.

If you come across rule-breaking activity in-game and you wish to notify Jagex, the best way is to send in an in-game report. More information on how to proceed with that may be found here: Report a player . Furthermore, you may also alert Jagex using the email address. Please note that this email address is a no-reply one, i.e., you will not get a response from Jagex, but the message will be received and looked into if necessary.

19-Apr-2023 21:56:10

Franquito
Dec Member 2020

Franquito

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Regrettably, since the departure of the Gower brothers, Jagex has adopted a more lenient approach to moderation. It appears that, from a financial standpoint, imposing stringent punishments on their customers may not be advantageous for the company. The Gower brothers, driven by their passion for the game, were committed to maintaining a fair and enjoyable gaming environment, and they did not hesitate to ban or permanently mute accounts involved in persistent rule-breaking.

Their primary motivation was not solely driven by profit, which allowed them to focus on creating a positive experience for players. It seems highly unlikely that Jagex will make significant changes to their moderation policies anytime soon. Given their priorities and approach, it appears that the company's focus is more centered on profit rather than fostering a positive experience for players. Thus, unless there is a considerable shift in Jagex's priorities, we may not see a more proactive and robust moderation system implemented to ensure a welcoming and respectful environment for all players.

20-Apr-2023 17:24:42

Zeffirino
Jan Member 2023

Zeffirino

Posts: 394 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Franquito said :
Regrettably, since the departure of the Gower brothers, Jagex has adopted a more lenient approach to moderation. It appears that, from a financial standpoint, imposing stringent punishments on their customers may not be advantageous for the company. The Gower brothers, driven by their passion for the game, were committed to maintaining a fair and enjoyable gaming environment, and they did not hesitate to ban or permanently mute accounts involved in persistent rule-breaking.

Their primary motivation was not solely driven by profit, which allowed them to focus on creating a positive experience for players. It seems highly unlikely that Jagex will make significant changes to their moderation policies anytime soon. Given their priorities and approach, it appears that the company's focus is more centered on profit rather than fostering a positive experience for players. Thus, unless there is a considerable shift in Jagex's priorities, we may not see a more proactive and robust moderation system implemented to ensure a welcoming and respectful environment for all players.

Do you have evidence of this out of curiosity? I just find it hard to believe since every company needs to make many even during the Gower days.

If anything there's more awareness to different members of the community such as what Jagex are doing around pride which weren't really a thing back in the day.

22-Apr-2023 06:34:44

Mothfinger
Feb Member 2022

Mothfinger

Franquito said :

If anything there's more awareness to different members of the community such as what Jagex are doing around pride which weren't really a thing back in the day.

To me, this just seems like virtue signaling from the company itself. Without intervention, this game will just end up being an echo chamber of hate.
Cheers,
Mothfinger.

23-Apr-2023 21:47:27

Bruce Waayne
Oct Member 2023

Bruce Waayne

Posts: 4,611 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I got some bad news for you. The real world is much worse than a video game and there is no report button. Grow up and learn to ignore it, youll be happier in life.
OSRS - Filled with harassers sad...~
- Give me Private Hiscores this should not be public information! - ! REMOVE OSRS TAX !

23-Apr-2023 21:55:08

Mothfinger
Feb Member 2022

Mothfinger

Bruce Waayne said :
I got some bad news for you. The real world is much worse than a video game and there is no report button. Grow up and learn to ignore it, youll be happier in life.

You realize if everyone ignores an issue, then it's going to persist, right? I'd rather confront it before it truly spirals out of control.
Cheers,
Mothfinger.

24-Apr-2023 01:44:47 - Last edited on 24-Apr-2023 01:45:22 by Mothfinger

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,236 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mothfinger said :
I've noticed that these public chat channels are some of the most toxic, bigoted, woman hating, racist spaces in osrs. I was wondering if you have any intention of moderating these? For new comers looking to get into the game, I don't think this is a great look.

it looks like you are going into some weird friends chat. if thats what you keep seeing.

but they are moderated by the owner of the chats. they have their own rules.

you can report hate ingame yourself with report button.
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

24-Apr-2023 15:25:12

Quick find code: 317-318-715-66278654 Back to Top