Forums

Sailing beta coming next week?

Quick find code: 317-318-654-66291509

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I believe the OSRS team said in many occasions they will release the beta of the first OSRS skill - Sailing this year.

With next week being the last update of this year, this should mean we can have a first look at the Sailing new skill OSRS Jmods have been hying so much.

What do you think? Will you continue to grind League 4 like a job? Will you switch to Sailing? Or will you just rather enjoy the IRL Christmas and New Year holidays?

06-Dec-2023 23:09:16

Bruce Waayne
Oct Member 2023

Bruce Waayne

Posts: 4,667 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Doubtful, i will continue splashing varrock guards to 99 mage as it requires little attention on my part. While i eagerly await the run system rework.
OSRS - Filled with harassers sad...~
- Give me Private Hiscores this should not be public information! Goodbye Forumers its been fun.

07-Dec-2023 23:35:58

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Well, although I don't like Sailing to be a skill, I may still be able to find a little minigame fun out of it as long as it doesn't require 8 hours of grinding a day for year or more to just sail to the next region. It should still be better than grinding Varrock guards.

Taking an early look at the beta shouldn't take up much time anyway (If it does come next week), especially there is totally nothing worth looking at in OSRS now for me, and as Leagues 4 is winding down quick (I know about the Christmas "quest" but it is the same old fetch quest that takes only 5 minutes), I believe a lot of players are about done grinding it and doesn't mind to have something non-grinding to look at for a few days.

08-Dec-2023 17:30:38

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

BTW, the beta is said to be about proofing the mechanics of Sailing. The earliest it comes, the better, or there is always a dark cloud looming about more time needed to deliver this skill, perhaps like not even in 2024.

08-Dec-2023 18:02:04 - Last edited on 08-Dec-2023 18:04:08 by Dilbert2001

Bruce Waayne
Oct Member 2023

Bruce Waayne

Posts: 4,667 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Well, although I don't like Sailing to be a skill, I may still be able to find a little minigame fun out of it as long as it doesn't require 8 hours of grinding a day for year or more to just sail to the next region. It should still be better than grinding Varrock guards.

Taking an early look at the beta shouldn't take up much time anyway (If it does come next week), especially there is totally nothing worth looking at in OSRS now for me, and as Leagues 4 is winding down quick (I know about the Christmas "quest" but it is the same old fetch quest that takes only 5 minutes), I believe a lot of players are about done grinding it and doesn't mind to have something non-grinding to look at for a few days.

Rude how dare u insult my casual training method of splashing, i can do all my household chores and get caught up and tv shows and movies while training magic with NO RISK. Its meta.
OSRS - Filled with harassers sad...~
- Give me Private Hiscores this should not be public information! Goodbye Forumers its been fun.

08-Dec-2023 22:38:04 - Last edited on 08-Dec-2023 22:38:18 by Bruce Waayne

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

The tea leaves don't seem to point to anything Sailing or new skill next week, or perhaps this year. Mod Eleana, the Jmod who used to do the most talking and selling of the new skill seemed to be MIA in that front for 5 months already too.

09-Dec-2023 17:08:33

Miu

Miu

Posts: 16,996 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not sure what you believe, but you should believe that information is definitely out of date.

Here's some up to date information for you, from the latest game update.

Original message details are unavailable.
Next week's game update is the final update of the year and will be taking place on Tuesday, 12th December. As it stands, Leagues will remain as it is over the Christmas period after next week's update unless there are major bugs or issues that need addressing. Please continue to report your bugs and issues via the in-game Bug Report feature.

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/more-leagues-iv-changes?oldschool=1

No sailing beta in sight. Let alone how nonsensical the idea is to run a beta alongside leagues.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

09-Dec-2023 21:50:26

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

"What's next for Sailing?

As we mentioned above, we’re currently planning the Sailing development roadmap. This means we’re also thinking about which additional topics need to be blogged, polled, and discussed with the community.

As you know, we've committed to running multiple betas that will let you get hands-on with Sailing before launch.
The first of these betas will arrive alongside our first Sailing milestone later this year, so you won't have to wait long to get involved!
" - The OSRS Team, Sailing Poll Results Summary 31 August 2023

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/sailing-poll-results-summary?oldschool=1

Don't know. I think I believed or used to believe what the OSRS Team wrote on August 31, regarding showing us the first beta alongside the first Sailing milestone later this (2023) year.

09-Dec-2023 23:46:50

Miu

Miu

Posts: 16,996 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
"What's next for Sailing?

As we mentioned above, we’re currently planning the Sailing development roadmap. This means we’re also thinking about which additional topics need to be blogged, polled, and discussed with the community.

As you know, we've committed to running multiple betas that will let you get hands-on with Sailing before launch.
The first of these betas will arrive alongside our first Sailing milestone later this year, so you won't have to wait long to get involved!
" - The OSRS Team, Sailing Poll Results Summary 31 August 2023

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/sailing-poll-results-summary?oldschool=1

Don't know. I think I believed or used to believe what the OSRS Team wrote on August 31, regarding showing us the first beta alongside the first Sailing milestone later this (2023) year.

They said the beta would come along the
first Sailing milestone
. Since we haven't had such a milestone, since Jagex is distracting the lack of updates with Leagues, I think you answered your own question with a resounding "no." Unless you believe that news posts from half a year ago are more accurate than ones from a couple days ago.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

10-Dec-2023 01:23:51

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

"The first of these betas will arrive alongside our first Sailing milestone
later this year
, so you won't have to wait long to get involved!"

They clearly planned for
a beta this year
. OSRS is not known to be accurate. However, I can't put words in their mouths before they said them. If they are not able to facilitate a beta as they promised, too bad, but we have to live with it. But this year doesn't end yet, so nobody has answered the question.

However, it makes ZERO sense if their excuse was they couldn't have a Sailing beta while Leagues 4 is running. We did have other updates to CoX among other things with Leagues running. Besides, first sailing milestone don't need to come with a game update. Why can't they publish a Sailing milestone or roadmap without a beta?

10-Dec-2023 01:49:00

Quick find code: 317-318-654-66291509 Back to Top