Forums

Why?

Quick find code: 317-318-567-66280248

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Posts: 438 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zeffirino said :
There are a few people saying how the OP decided to choose their account build which is true but doesn't disprove the point being made.

Skilling has become devalued due to PvM loot tables getting preferential treatment and it's something that concerns all account builds imo :)
Thank you for seeing that.

19-May-2023 18:20:26

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Let me give you a little history lesson.

Years ago, after bonds came out, people were complaining about how hard it was to earn a bond in game. So, I created 6 accounts and use 6 different methods. Each account had 2 weeks to earn a bond in f2p. The last one earned it in the last hours of the last day and received the bond in the last few minutes. By the time each of those had been a member for 2 weeks, all 6 had earned 45 day membership.

Recently I started this account. I quickly realized that it could not get a bond in less than 9 month using ANY method available to f2p. Most would have required over a year of 6 to 8 hours a day. So one of the other accounts gave it bond money. After 2 weeks, it was no where close to getting a bond, so a second account paid for the bond. After 4 weeks, it needed a bit more money to finish paying for a bond.

After 6 weeks, it was able to buy a bond with 6.3 million gps. Now the bonds are going for 7.5 mil and even 6-8 hours a day would not be enough to pay that much.

Why is it so high? Because pvm accounts make so much money they do not care if it cost them 20 mil for a bond. It only takes them an hour or two to get that much money. Those that are too young to be able to go bossing or are not bossing accounts, are not considered worthy of the right to play the game.

19-May-2023 20:36:27 - Last edited on 19-May-2023 20:38:15 by mastercast3r

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Let me give you a little history lesson.

Years ago, after bonds came out, people were complaining about how hard it was to earn a bond in game. So, I created 6 accounts and use 6 different methods. Each account had 2 weeks to earn a bond in f2p. The last one earned it in the last hours of the last day and received the bond in the last few minutes. By the time each of those had been a member for 2 weeks, all 6 had earned 45 day membership. Back in those days, every time someone said how hard it was, I told them all 6 ways would get them a bond in 2 weeks in f2p. Many said, "thats too much work. I want to have a bond today without any work".

Recently I started this account. I quickly realized that it could not get a bond in less than 9 month using ANY method available to f2p. Most would have required over a year of 6 to 8 hours a day. So one of the other accounts gave it bond money. After 2 weeks, it was no where close to getting a bond, so a second account paid for the bond. After 4 weeks, it needed a bit more money to finish paying for a bond.

After 6 weeks, it was able to buy a bond with 6.3 million gps. Now the bonds are going for 7.5 mil and even 6-8 hours a day would not be enough to pay that much.

Why is it so high? Because pvm accounts make so much money they do not care if it cost them 20 mil for a bond.

19-May-2023 20:48:10

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Some good news, I have found one money making method that jagex has not yet ruined. It only has one real source and that does not have anything to do with monster drops. I don't want to say what it is, because once a lot of people know about it, it will no longer be a money maker. It has not shown up on any money making video's that I have found, nor even wiki money making guides. With any luck, I will be able to use this a few hours a week and get a bond, then be able to spend the rest having fun with quest and minigames.

26-May-2023 20:59:27

Bruce Waayne
Oct Member 2023

Bruce Waayne

Posts: 4,611 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes bonds are expensive but hey at least its not rs3. 70m+ for 14 days, have fun making that as a f2p pure. This is why everyone buys gold. by my calculations where i live 1 hour of work gets me 3 months of membership. Why would i waste hours of my life grinding out gold on a game when i can work irl make REAL money and just buy DOUBLE the mems that way...
OSRS - Filled with harassers sad...~
- Give me Private Hiscores this should not be public information! - ! REMOVE OSRS TAX !

27-May-2023 03:14:52 - Last edited on 27-May-2023 03:16:05 by Bruce Waayne

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Not all of us have the ability to earn money that way. I am a disabled vet on a limited income. Paying for it with in game money is the only way I can remain a member. There are lots of areas that they can not earn that kind of money.

That is why this game is popular, or at least was. Do you remember having at least 500k people online? Now we can not even keep 100k. Why? Because jagex decided that 400k people were not important to the game. Jagex decided the only ones that mattered were people that spent 80% of their time in combat. That insulted 80% of the players and they left.

27-May-2023 16:41:12

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Look at how lackbuster is the recycled BH from the trash bin, and the fading excitement on big hype Sailing, then you should know OSRS can't afford to keep this OSRS abomination of conflicting communities intact.

Jagex is diversifying to many different games. Guess where are they going to diversify their investments first? Not I want to see in OSRS or any Runescape games traditionally have skilling in their DNA, but skilling seems to be doomed in OSRS.

28-May-2023 18:44:34 - Last edited on 28-May-2023 18:44:55 by Dilbert2001

Bruce Waayne
Oct Member 2023

Bruce Waayne

Posts: 4,611 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Look at how lackbuster is the recycled BH from the trash bin, and the fading excitement on big hype Sailing, then you should know OSRS can't afford to keep this OSRS abomination of conflicting communities intact.

Jagex is diversifying to many different games. Guess where are they going to diversify their investments first? Not I want to see in OSRS or any Runescape games traditionally have skilling in their DNA, but skilling seems to be doomed in OSRS.

Im honestly surprised BH came into OSRS.

It was put into RS because people were pissed that pking was gone.

It died within a year.

Very few people enjoyed it.

OSRS has pking, idk what the point of releasing dead content BH was, how about you get that DT 2 quest done for meh, i want to try it out. OR make me a quest where i can fight nomad.
OSRS - Filled with harassers sad...~
- Give me Private Hiscores this should not be public information! - ! REMOVE OSRS TAX !

28-May-2023 23:24:10

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bruce Waayne said :
Dilbert2001 said :

Im honestly surprised BH came into OSRS.

It was put into RS because people were pissed that pking was gone.

It died within a year.

Very few people enjoyed it.

OSRS has pking, idk what the point of releasing dead content BH was, how about you get that DT 2 quest done for meh, i want to try it out. OR make me a quest where i can fight nomad.

Two things here.

Do I think recycling trashed content work? Nope, absolutely not.

Do I think OSRS is wrong bringing back trashed content? Note, when they don't have better ideas. Literally reinstating BH didn't cause them much in development time, perhaps they spent quite a bit on advertising and hyping it though, and that money might better be spent on creating real content for the future.

OSRS is built on absolutely no solid foundations, that are absolutely needed especially for MMORPGs. This is going to cost them soon. They are at the terminal stage of creativity as whatever "new" they create on top of hot air won't last long. They still have to throw everything to the wall and pray for some to stick. They probably think why not BH, co-op slayer they put in the trash bin, as well as the "new" sailing "skill"?

29-May-2023 17:30:19

Quick find code: 317-318-567-66280248 Back to Top