Forums

Why?

Quick find code: 317-318-567-66280248

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Posts: 438 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It appears that jagex has decided to eliminate skillers for good. There is no way that a skiller can make enough money to buy bonds any more. So much money is being dropped on combat minigames and pvm that it is no longer possible to buy them using skills alone unless you are a 99 in one or two skills. Even that takes most of the time you have for games. Once upon a time, skillers made up 80 to 85% of the player base. Now we make up no more than 3% because it is so difficult to afford the game using skills.

17-May-2023 18:29:25

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

IF you have bothered to look at my stats, you would know
I DO NOT IGNORE COMBAT.
This is a young account only a few months old. It could not even be in the area of raids and such. Just because people are not COMBAT PURES does not mean they do not do combat.
YOU
are the one limiting yourself yet you demand the game be made around you.

Unfortunately, jagex decided to listen to the tiny minority and made the game all about bossing. This account is
MAIN, NOT A PURE OF ANY KIND.

I do not limit myself to only doing combat, unlike others.

This game has become a total insult to the Gowers. It was their view that any player was allowed to play their game any way they wanted. The current jmods do not want people doing anything but combat.

It is obvious that they have decided that anyone that does not want to do combat 24/7/52 does not have a right to play their game.

17-May-2023 23:10:17 - Last edited on 17-May-2023 23:15:39 by mastercast3r

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,236 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
your choice to be a skiller, it comes with difficulties, if one is making money then thats on you unfortunately.

what determines what is good money makers, is not up to jagex. its player driven, most skilling activies are very easy. and require little effort. therefore lots of people can do it. therefore the supplies they bring in are cheap due to supply.

however what you can do, is flip. flipping is how i made all of my gp on osrs for maxing, i did no pvm at all. made over 1 bill in 1 year, plenty of gp to supply bonds, and enough gp to buy all buyables to 99.

so its choices, your choices.
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

18-May-2023 10:29:03 - Last edited on 18-May-2023 10:31:18 by Tenebri

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Unfortunately OSRS has become so desperate they aren't even thinking about tomorrow, let alone the years to come. They have resorted to giving out bigger and bigger and bigger rewards with each subsequent update just to hope to drag the feet of departing players.

Since they don't really have worthy content to the 2023 consumers, they rely on sponsoring large number of content creators who are willing to tell the world every update is huuuuggggeeee. In reality, skilling and chilling content won't draw many eyeballs. Who are going to watch a bunch of bots chopping trees?

Unfortunately, OSRS isn't really huge in reality. They only have limited money to buy content creators. When their coffer is emptying, content creators are slinging muds among themselves, smaller streamers disappeared and even big resident streamers seeing their 6-7k viewers dwindling down to 2k now. OSRS has a problem dragging the feet of their content creators. To prevent them going to the likes of Rust, OSRS is releasing content tailor made for streamers now. So long skillers.

OSRS relies on streamers to pump hot air into their balloon, now they are running out of hot air... For all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

18-May-2023 16:50:18

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Tenebri said :
your choice to be a skiller, it comes with difficulties, if one is making money then thats on you unfortunately.

what determines what is good money makers, is not up to jagex. its player driven, most skilling activies are very easy. and require little effort. therefore lots of people can do it. therefore the supplies they bring in are cheap due to supply.

however what you can do, is flip. flipping is how i made all of my gp on osrs for maxing, i did no pvm at all. made over 1 bill in 1 year, plenty of gp to supply bonds, and enough gp to buy all buyables to 99.

I am what the game was created to be played as, a main. Jagex DECIDED to make it where you could get HUGE amounts of money from pvm and pking, and that means the value of the gp is worth less than it should be. THAT is how they destroyed the game.

No skill can make enough money to pay 10 mil for a bond every two weeks and that is where we are headed because combat pures have way more money than sense.

18-May-2023 19:30:18 - Last edited on 18-May-2023 19:32:24 by mastercast3r

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,236 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
mastercast3r said :
Tenebri said :

I am what the game was created to be played as, a main. Jagex DECIDED to make it where you could get HUGE amounts of money from pvm and pking, and that means the value of the gp is worth less than it should be. THAT is how they destroyed the game.

No skill can make enough money to pay 10 mil for a bond every two weeks and that is where we are headed because combat pures have way more money than sense.

if you are a main then you 100% can make enough gp for a bond with many methods

no skill can 10 mill in 2 weeks? have you tried making bloods?

if this is the case how are you all other skillers making their bonds?
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

18-May-2023 23:52:24

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Tenebri said :
if you are a main then you 100% can make enough gp for a bond with many methods

no skill can 10 mill in 2 weeks? have you tried making bloods?

if this is the case how are you all other skillers making their bonds?
IF you had checked out who I am, I am not a extreme high level account. Yes, if you have 99 in many skills, you can make 10 mil, but the problem is playing the game until you have those levels. A new account would take a year to earn a 2 week bond, and even then would not likely have the skills to make a second bond in those 2 weeks.

So how are we going to add new members when no one can become a member with gps in game? F2p is so boring that there is zero chance new players would remain for the year in the hope of getting more content, knowing that you would have to work almost the entire two weeks at more than a job would require, just to stay as a member.

19-May-2023 00:26:42

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

IF
Jagex had any interest, they could make skilling more profitable, but then pvmers would demand more money so they could have 100 TIMES the money that a skiller could earn and jagex would fall over themselves to do so.

19-May-2023 00:29:32

Zeffirino
Jan Member 2023

Zeffirino

Posts: 394 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There are a few people saying how the OP decided to choose their account build which is true but doesn't disprove the point being made.

Skilling has become devalued due to PvM loot tables getting preferential treatment and it's something that concerns all account builds imo :)

19-May-2023 13:08:56

Quick find code: 317-318-567-66280248 Back to Top