Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

Andrew Vin
Oct Member 2022

Andrew Vin

Posts: 10,828 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On the contrary, now seems like the best time to take a forum profile picture.

Also, saving this here 'cause it's useful to have.

If you choose to rebuild, follow the following steps:

1. Get free anti virus software if you don't have any already. Avast! and Malwarebytes are good. Run a scan to make sure you don't have a keylogger or something like that on your computer.

2. Change your pass.

3. Register your email account. An even better idea is to create a new email account that you will *only* use for registering your account. Put a strong pass(word) on that account. I personally like Gmail.

4. Get the Authenticator for your account. If you don't have some kind of smartphone/device that can download apps, you can get it on your computer.

5. Put the Authenticator on your email. If hackers get into your email, it doesn't matter if your account is authenticated.

6. Get a bank PIN. Make sure it requires 7 days to remove. This is your last line of defense, it can be all that's standing between hackers and your bank. Seven days should be more than enough time to recover your account if it's hacked.

Writing all of this stuff down and keeping it in a secure location IRL can be helpful as well. Changing your pass at least once a month is a very good idea.

Also, be extremely careful when clicking on links. If anyone is advertising some kind of giveaway(or something like it) that involves watching a YouTube video and clicking a link to the "RuneScape forums", it is an attempt to steal your account, no exceptions.

Apparently, Twitch and Teamspeak have their own forms of pass(word)-stealing methods, but I don't know anything about those.

17-Dec-2015 18:40:14

Rustiq
Aug Member 2022

Rustiq

Posts: 127 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anger Alt said :
Hi. I recommend you all to avoid taking a new forum picture at the moment. RIP.

D: Anger Alt said :
There, the avatar picture thing isn't broken anymore. :3

Snazzy hat you got there ^_^
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.
Abraham Lincoln, 1991

18-Dec-2015 19:56:13

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top