Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

JDF III

JDF III

Posts: 75 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Norne said :
Just curious on your thoughts on a subject:

RSOF discussion\arguments.

Ready, go! (let the potential irony unravel)

I like the idea, I've noticed most topics are about in game/seriousness. Needs a bit of lighthearted banter to fool around.

27-Sep-2015 19:11:48

JerseyBoy93

JerseyBoy93

Posts: 112 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
JDF III said :

Don't worry, you'll get there soon! I'll eventually learn how to do Gwd, almost got the stats for it I think (90 Atk/86 Str/89 Def/90 Hp) since that's really the only bossing I'd plan on doing. Maybe Sire once I can get motivated to do 73-85 Slayer.

Clans sounds like a good idea, no idea where to go/what the good ones are though lol.

====

GWD isnt tough, there are videos you could look up. Plus if you find a clan im sure they would have trips as well.

Start by checking the OSRS Clan forum area. I would look for a clan that is either a social clan with no level or experience requirements, that would be a good start (That way there is no pressure for you to have knowledge of things you havent done before). Just click on some threads and see which clans look well organized and active. After browsing around for a while if you come across one you like, fill out their application and apply.

===

Final Feud said :
Norne said :

There's not enough good humorous discussion/arguments these days - everyone is either too serious or too heated to have fun in a discussion. Thread topics are always the same thing/issue, not enough topic variety or imagination I guess.

===
I agree with Final. The community is WAY too serious. I could say "hey, how are you?" and someone would find a way to get butthurt. Idk, it is a great idea and i would love to see it but i dont think the community will respond well to it, at least not right now.
,~^*-., . . . . . . `*, . `*-.|| John ||.-*` . ,*` . . . . . .,.-*^~,
. . . . . .`, . . . . . . ,’ . ,.*”`|| Artist'||`”*, . ‘, . . . . . .,`
. . . . . . .`*~-~*……………………………….....*~-~*`

27-Sep-2015 20:17:22 - Last edited on 27-Sep-2015 20:19:26 by JerseyBoy93

Ownage Omg

Ownage Omg

Posts: 14,364 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Final Feud said :
Norne said :

There's not enough good humorous discussion/arguments these days - everyone is either too serious or too heated to have fun in a discussion. Thread topics are always the same thing/issue, not enough topic variety or imagination I guess.
Sums up my thoughts.
Hardstyle
|
@OwnageRS
|
OSRS
|
U
K

27-Sep-2015 20:35:27

JDF III

JDF III

JerseyBoy93 said :
JDF III said :

Don't worry, you'll get there soon! I'll eventually learn how to do Gwd, almost got the stats for it I think (90 Atk/86 Str/89 Def/90 Hp) since that's really the only bossing I'd plan on doing. Maybe Sire once I can get motivated to do 73-85 Slayer.

Clans sounds like a good idea, no idea where to go/what the good ones are though lol.

====

GWD isnt tough, there are videos you could look up. Plus if you find a clan im sure they would have trips as well.

Start by checking the OSRS Clan forum area. I would look for a clan that is either a social clan with no level or experience requirements, that would be a good start (That way there is no pressure for you to have knowledge of things you havent done before). Just click on some threads and see which clans look well organized and active. After browsing around for a while if you come across one you like, fill out their application and apply.

===

Final Feud said :
Norne said :

===
I agree with Final. The community is WAY too serious. I could say "hey, how are you?" and someone would find a way to get butthurt. Idk, it is a great idea and i would love to see it but i dont think the community will respond well to it, at least not right now.

Thanks man. My problem is I'm pretty bad at talking and being around others, which is why I've always been solo playing RS. Just a shy guy I guess, but I'll def look around.

27-Sep-2015 21:21:05

JerseyBoy93

JerseyBoy93

Posts: 112 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
JDF III said :

Thanks man. My problem is I'm pretty bad at talking and being around others, which is why I've always been solo playing RS. Just a shy guy I guess, but I'll def look around.

==

Hey, thats okay. Not everyone is crazy social. I mean, you're here on this thread arent you? Thats a start. No need to over think it, just because you are in a clan doesnt mean you need to talk to every person all the time. Go at your own pace, you know? But yeah, look into it, maybe youll like it.

Side note.... Need something to draw, anyone have any suggestions? Note that the new forums make art much harder to make.

edit:
@Ownage: Nice dude! Good luck!
,~^*-., . . . . . . `*, . `*-.|| John ||.-*` . ,*` . . . . . .,.-*^~,
. . . . . .`, . . . . . . ,’ . ,.*”`|| Artist'||`”*, . ‘, . . . . . .,`
. . . . . . .`*~-~*……………………………….....*~-~*`

27-Sep-2015 22:31:09 - Last edited on 27-Sep-2015 22:32:00 by JerseyBoy93

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
JDF III said :

I'm the same way and, in fact, that is why I keep my pm off 24/7 while I play RS. I still have friends that I talk to, mostly through other means of communication.. If you're interested you could add me in-game and we can talk there first?

If not that's fine, I'm always here trolling the forums. :D
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

27-Sep-2015 23:15:28 - Last edited on 27-Sep-2015 23:16:03 by Body btw

JDF III

JDF III

Body btw said :
JDF III said :

I'm the same way and, in fact, that is why I keep my pm off 24/7 while I play RS. I still have friends that I talk to, mostly through other means of communication.. If you're interested you could add me in-game and we can talk there first?

If not that's fine, I'm always here trolling the forums. :D

That's fine, feel free to add me. :)

28-Sep-2015 01:38:19

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top