Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

Metni
Nov Member 2021

Metni

Posts: 95 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Knight Arrav said :
In the end though, regardless of if you liked RS2 or not, in part or in whole, I think real vets play RSC. I should know, I do.

RSC barely even has a community lol, especially with 99% of that community being bots. The game doesn't even recieve updates, I'm not sure what you find enthralling about single-playing it. :P
J. Metni |
@Tyrus

05-May-2015 08:59:00 - Last edited on 05-May-2015 09:00:16 by Metni

Knight Arrav

Knight Arrav

Posts: 972 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Metni said :
Knight Arrav said :
In the end though, regardless of if you liked RS2 or not, in part or in whole, I think real vets play RSC. I should know, I do.

RSC barely even has a community lol, especially with 99% of that community being bots. The game doesn't even recieve updates, I'm not sure what you find enthralling about single-playing it. :P

Nostalgia. At least for me. It may seem a bit silly given the last post and that this is this OSRS lounge but I do like the nostalgia RSC has, and looking back at how things began. Some of it can be described by words, but others can only be experienced by playing it. One example of such an experience can be trying out the agility system in RSC. You'll get a good laugh over it when you compare it to RS2 or RS3, and maybe be a bit shocked as well over it's flaws.

Also, in spite of the botters camping various spawns around RSC, there is a tiny staking community at least. They love to kill each other for rares in single-man duels, lol. But you are right otherwise, the game is nothing but a desert in terms of population. It's very rare to see a legit player, although I did come across a legit player-mod once. It's a surprise to see a legit player, it's a shock to see a legit player-mod. I'll probably have a heart attack if I come across a legit Jagex-Mod on classic.

05-May-2015 09:18:21 - Last edited on 05-May-2015 09:22:43 by Knight Arrav

omni-hybrid

omni-hybrid

Posts: 14 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ronan I have been playing for 11 years I just wanted to ask what would I have to do
to become a player mod? It has been a dream of mine fr almost 8 years now and I am
extremely involved in the oldschool community. If there is anyway you can consider it
please do because It would be the highest honor to represent the oldschool community.
OBBY 1

05-May-2015 19:25:52

Andrew Vin
Oct Member 2022

Andrew Vin

Posts: 10,828 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
omni-hybrid said :
Mod Ronan I have been playing for 11 years I just wanted to ask what would I have to do
to become a player mod? It has been a dream of mine fr almost 8 years now and I am
extremely involved in the oldschool community. If there is anyway you can consider it
please do because It would be the highest honor to represent the oldschool community.

I am not a player mod, but I might be able to answer some questions...

Realistically speaking, the best ways to get noticed are hanging out in a JMod cc like Mod Mark's or Mod Reach's .

The other is being active on the forums. This means be active in forum in-game community events/create your own community events.

This thread is an excellent example of that.

There's always chance you befriend a JMod's personal account and he/she thinks you'd make a great mod, but there's really no way to do that on purpose. :p

Best not to overtly try for it and just do what you usually do.

05-May-2015 20:46:20

Pasnomo

Pasnomo

Posts: 28,483 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Andrew Vin said :
omni-hybrid said :

I am not a player mod, but I might be able to answer some questions...

Realistically speaking, the best ways to get noticed are hanging out in a JMod cc like Mod Mark's or Mod Reach's .

The other is being active on the forums. This means be active in forum in-game community events/create your own community events.

This thread is an excellent example of that.

There's always chance you befriend a JMod's personal account and he/she thinks you'd make a great mod, but there's really no way to do that on purpose. :p

Best not to overtly try for it and just do what you usually do.

You forgot this thread.

06-May-2015 02:43:16

omni-hybrid

omni-hybrid

Posts: 14 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is off topic but hopefully it is useful. I am an obsidian maul pure and have been trying to find the best weapons to meet 1 atk and 1 def range that are useful. The two most popular
weapons today are the wooden rpg and the red topaz machete(other then the iron scimmy or
slayer staff if you have 55 slayer). Obviously the slayer staff would be ideal but not every player
wants to dedicate the time to that. I have found a few alternatives that I want to share with you guys and let's hope they may help some people. When training on rock crabs most people rely on speed considering the rock crab had very very low defense. I would like to state that the
rock crabs are weak to "Crush" type moves therefor I feel the most effective one handed weapon to use versus them is a bone club. Yes the bone club is slower then the machete yet
is very accurate on crabs and has proven to be an efficient weapon to train with for me atleast.
Next I'd like to add that pures shooting for highest "slash+" defense bonus I would reccomend
a blurite sword. The sword requires only 1 attack to use and has the same stats as a steel
longsword making it best next to the red topaz machete(once again it is a little slower)
It has precisely -2 slash bonus then machete but also gives +2 to slash defence bonus which
is actually unique for such a low level weapon. Last I would like to suggest this weapon to the obby maul or defense pures who're attempting slayer tasks. Both of these weapons
have identical stats but are good to use for tasks instead of xp. Either the Iron Dagger Poison++ or the Bone Dagger Poison++ have proven to be excellent when doing slayer tasks especially for def pures trying to obtain the slayer staff. Well that was what I had to share and I hope it helps some people out there.

Sincerely, Obby 1 -LOng live the pures!
OBBY 1

06-May-2015 09:02:07

Ownage Omg

Ownage Omg

Posts: 14,364 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm starting to believe the whole "lucky account" thing lol.
It can't be a coincidence that the 2 days my friend comes he gets an ACB and hilt each day but the one day he doesn't the entire trip is dry. :O
ACB was Monday, yesterday was dry and today a Hilt.

I'm having a good week. ^_^
Hardstyle
|
@OwnageRS
|
OSRS
|
U
K

06-May-2015 22:39:21

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top