Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
But yes, I do agree team PvM should be more lucrative than solo stuff. But the solo stuff should be pretty artificially difficult. That way the drop tables can stay good, and only obtained by the somewhat decent players.

Of course it'd help if we had some actual group content to do. It seems anything more than a duo in GWD turns the bosses into a senseless chore. I haven't done corp yet in OSRS, but if I remember right, 2008 corp usually had 6 people killing him? Theres no way his drop table justifies such a large team.

05-Apr-2015 10:41:27

Mini Aurelia

Mini Aurelia

Posts: 3,815 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Game changing drops aside, RS3 has consistently made team pvm more gp/hr than solo pvm for the past several years. The exception to this is Araxxor.

You can say edimmu tasks are more gp/hr than Araxxor, but as you can't get them consistently, its not really comparable.

I say *ulrah is more like Araxxor than QBD for a few reasons.

The primary point of comparison comes from the fact that Zulrah is the best consistent pvm related gp/hr in the game, like Araxxor. QBD was only the highest pvm related gp/hr for a relatively small amount of time and it was not significantly better than alternative methods. Efficient Zulrah is about 22% more gp/hr than anything else in OSRS currently (assuming 2.8m/hr vs 2.2m/hr for solo DKS after frem elite). This is comparable to the difference between Araxxor and the next best thing in RS3.

Although Araxxor has anti-farm mechanics, skilled players can still camp the boss all day long. As such, the anti-farm mechanics are not an important consideration for me.

Finally, Zulrah and Araxxor both have valuable unique drops, in addition to generous standard drops. The QBD does not, and has not since release (crossbow pieces crashed quite quickly and were never worth the same amount relative to the standard drops).

What made Vorago OP was the fact that concentrated blast with seismics was poorly balanced. As such, seismics rose to over 2.5b/set until dual wield magic was nerfed. As you mentioned, the minimum requirement of a 5 man team also ensured that the price stayed high.

I don't think OSRS will see such lucrative team bosses because they are not possible without very powerful drops. The only reason that Nex remained between 10-15m/hr for 10+ months is because Nex armour was superior to all other existing armour in every way (excluding the degrade cost). The high requirements and large initial investment required for "pro" teams (1.7b+ for perni* and divine) also contributed.

05-Apr-2015 11:12:05 - Last edited on 05-Apr-2015 11:19:13 by Mini Aurelia

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Actually, for related reasons to our PvM discussion, I actually want summoning, or something similar to summoning.

Summoning provided something desireble that acted as a huge item sink for currently largely useless items. This gives the devs a lot more room of things to throw on drop tables that can have value without devaluing existing drops.

Im not sure what sort of drops they can throw on new monsters outside of new unique items. Its clear that herbs and seeds are not going to be an answer going forward. Every monsters drop table can't consist of Bars/Ores/Magic logs. Am I missing any sort of material that can hold value?

05-Apr-2015 14:32:03

Wilson

Wilson

Posts: 14,939 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree group bossing should make more than solo. Zulrah has been in the game for sometime now though and any changes to its drop table would cause uproar. I do however think Zulrah could use a nerf to basics or even make the unique drops far more rare. Although Zulrah is a somewhat click-intensive boss it is very easy to kill since it has 4 set rotations. Zulrah has both decent basic drops and very useful unique drops + not even that rare. OSRS doesn't need any more easy to kill bosses, I'd really like to see bosses of similar difficulty to those introduced after EOC.
@WilsonMagna

OSRS Maxed - Sara Solo Record Holder

05-Apr-2015 19:28:36

Heritage
Aug Member 2013

Heritage

Posts: 14,598 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Otter said :
But yes, I do agree team PvM should be more lucrative than solo stuff. But the solo stuff should be pretty artificially difficult. That way the drop tables can stay good, and only obtained by the somewhat decent players.

Of course it'd help if we had some actual group content to do. It seems anything more than a duo in GWD turns the bosses into a senseless chore. I haven't done corp yet in OSRS, but if I remember right, 2008 corp usually had 6 people killing him? Theres no way his drop table justifies such a large team.

Yeah, it being more difficult would not remove the demand for the GWD items and spirit shields like arcane, it would probably cause a even bigger demand. I just want that it becomes balanced, Zulrah being this good obviously helps team PvM as well, so we should be careful to not harm that, it's rather healthy for the economy and for PvMers.

I went Corp for the first time in 4 years earlier, it is easier to camp on OSRS, because you can simply tele up there now and the distance you have to walk is much shorter. I did it with 4 people and it was actually great.

I would like to see a boss that requires like 40 people to kill in the future anyway :P .

05-Apr-2015 22:43:39

TPYMFB

TPYMFB

Posts: 5,589 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ownage Omg said :
TPYMFB said :
Seeing whips being 2.4 million gp makes me happy a happy panda.
Ouch, well expensive lol.
Means I can't tentaclise too often.

I've never used it before. I couldn't justify using tentacle when whips were like 1.4m, so when I see them now they almost make me cringe. I'm that cheap I guess, lol.

05-Apr-2015 23:01:12 - Last edited on 05-Apr-2015 23:02:44 by TPYMFB

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top