Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

ScapeRune
Nov Member 2022

ScapeRune

Posts: 33,509 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wildmist said :
So where does everyone stand on when it comes to draw the line between being "Oldschool enough" and "that's not Oldschool anymore" just curious to see what people think!

-Wild

For me it's mainly just the old combat system that makes this game old school, but I also like knowing that we'll never have old graphics suddenly being updated for no reason. If I log onto RS3, I can't recognise most of the items in my bank because they decided to redesign every inventory icon, minimap icon and the look of almost all armour and weapons from scratch.

With OSRS I know that I can take a long break and when I come back, everything that I know will still be the same and all I need to catch up on is what was added, not relearn how to recognise all the items I was using before.

Although I suppose that doesn't quite apply to maple logs lol. What about you?
Cabbage? CABBAGE!

28-Jan-2015 11:19:45

Anger Alt
Mar Member 2023

Anger Alt

Posts: 16,548 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wildmist said :
So where does everyone stand on when it comes to draw the line between being "Oldschool enough" and "that's not Oldschool anymore" just curious to see what people think!

-Wild

Old school combat, old school graphics/interface and no squeal of fortune/treasure hunter.

28-Jan-2015 11:45:34

Wilson

Wilson

Posts: 14,939 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anger Alt said :
Wildmist said :

-Wild

Old school combat, old school graphics/interface and no squeal of fortune/treasure hunter.

Pretty much.
@WilsonMagna

OSRS Maxed - Sara Solo Record Holder

28-Jan-2015 12:23:03

Wilson

Wilson

Posts: 14,939 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
F2P & Bonds poll is out, currently sitting at under 5k votes and 88% passing. I was going to go make a pros list of GE after my run but seeing how well the poll is doing atm it might not be needed.
@WilsonMagna

OSRS Maxed - Sara Solo Record Holder

28-Jan-2015 12:28:23

Ownage Omg

Ownage Omg

Posts: 14,364 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anger Alt said :
Wildmist said :

-Wild

This. ^
Hardstyle
|
@OwnageRS
|
OSRS
|
U
K

28-Jan-2015 13:30:57

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top