Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

Wilson

Wilson

Posts: 14,939 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For the record I made almost all my money from merching, I lost money when GWD came out since 0 drops, made under 1M gp/h doing corp even with my arcane drop factored in, and Zulrah profits aren't great when factoring in supply costs.
@WilsonMagna

OSRS Maxed - Sara Solo Record Holder

16-Jan-2015 17:58:28

ScapeRune
Nov Member 2022

ScapeRune

Posts: 33,509 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Corp was a bit of disappointing money maker. I got two arcanes (both 4 way split), but after all the time spent there and all my other loots it worked out at like 400k/hr lol. Was nice to get the chance to corp again though, so not reaaally complaining, I had fun. :)
Cabbage? CABBAGE!

16-Jan-2015 18:00:59

The contents of this message have been hidden.

16-Jan-2015 18:04:31

ScapeRune
Nov Member 2022

ScapeRune

Posts: 33,509 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Almost 280k now. I think I'd be able to get to 300k tops before the GE comes out and makes it infinitely easier.

Threat said :
Just tested Ahrims now and it seemed more accurate than void.

Better hope you don't DC in that ahrims. Infinity robes should probably be decent, I think they're the best non-degradable mage gear if you don't count 3rd age.
Cabbage? CABBAGE!

16-Jan-2015 18:10:37

The contents of this message have been hidden.

16-Jan-2015 18:12:07

Threat
Sep Member 2020

Threat

Posts: 10,054 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ScapeRune said :
Threat said :

Better hope you don't DC in that ahrims. Infinity robes should probably be decent, I think they're the best non-degradable mage gear if you don't count 3rd age.

Yeah, it's not much lower than Ahrims too. I think I'm going to test void a bit more, though, just to see. It's nice because it's not using much more inventory, and it has been a good 30-45 seconds faster on average than pure ranged for me so far.

16-Jan-2015 18:12:41 - Last edited on 16-Jan-2015 18:14:21 by Threat

Mini Aurelia

Mini Aurelia

Posts: 3,815 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ScapeRune said :
I had a really really similar discussion to this here before.

You made excellent points, I'm glad someone else understands why skilling profit is generally lower than Pvm profit.

More engaging skilling content could work, as there is little "challenge" in skilling currently. A rewarding skilling method that was genuinely difficult to master and had high requirements would be interesting, but I see little interest for such a thing currently.

The difference between Pvm and skilling became more apparent in RS3 when Nex was released. Nex was 8-10m/hr for months due to the high requirements, high initial gear cost, high average value/kill, and "difficulty". A skilling method could never be 8-10m/hr for more than a few hours because skilling doesn't have the "challenge" and probabilistic nature that Pvm has.

Corp was dismal because of the regular drops. I hope the OSRS team consider buffing the drop table there in the future. Even though I received an arcane split (with Wilson on the team!), I averaged <500k/hr profit there for the 250 kc I did.

16-Jan-2015 18:13:30 - Last edited on 16-Jan-2015 18:23:27 by Mini Aurelia

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Forum Moderator Posts: 76,250 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ScapeRune said :
I think the best gp and xp/hour for skills should be stuff like fishing trawle

Unfortunately Trawlers absolutely junk gp per hour even if you kept all you fished and you cant effectively solo it. Even then its still pretty bad gp\hr. MTA is equally worthless because time spent is obscene to valuable items obtained. XP is decentish for one of 4 areas too, making that less then appealing. Trawlers xp is ****.
"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

16-Jan-2015 19:05:23

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Forum Moderator Posts: 76,250 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Threat said :

Void has accuracy issues based on the fact htat using full void+staff+shield+boots still only gives you crap accuracy. 30% of nothing is still nothing after all.
"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

16-Jan-2015 19:06:57

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top