Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

Etiks

Etiks

Posts: 302 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I fully expect Mat K to come out and say that their data wasn't conclusive that F2P is a viable option but we'll still get a really neat two week free trial like they've been doing. :@

Maybe have it so where if your account has been a member at any point then every time your membership runs out then you get two weeks of F2P and then you have to pay again. Rinse and repeat. If you've never been a member before then that rule wont effect you.
Add to that having only one true F2P world and the incentive for members to give up their memberships permanently becomes not such a great idea.

06-Jan-2015 17:43:41

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Forum Moderator Posts: 76,250 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nikolas10181 said :
After the success we had this time denying f2p would be crazy we went up over 7k players online at a time.

Hmm, pure increase isn't a benchmark. After all 7k individuals playing for free and producing no revenue is not a benefit to Jagex. The real benchmark for f2p would be how much of an increase there is from new membership from doing this. If that number is negative or 0 then its bad. Anything above 0 percent increase (from the standard trial) is good but not necessarily enough.

Its worth noting that the 7k increase also wouldnt be that impressive given it was the holiday season and dem college kiddos got moar time.

p.s. hai guys, miss me?
"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

07-Jan-2015 02:08:58

Nikolas10181

Nikolas10181

Posts: 4,915 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Norne said :
Nikolas10181 said :
After the success we had this time denying f2p would be crazy we went up over 7k players online at a time.

Hmm, pure increase isn't a benchmark. After all 7k individuals playing for free and producing no revenue is not a benefit to Jagex. The real benchmark for f2p would be how much of an increase there is from new membership from doing this. If that number is negative or 0 then its bad. Anything above 0 percent increase (from the standard trial) is good but not necessarily enough.

Its worth noting that the 7k increase also wouldnt be that impressive given it was the holiday season and dem college kiddos got moar time.

p.s. hai guys, miss me?

Trure enough but to say we didn't get a good number of memberships from it would be a lie in fact I convinced one F2P player to get membership by going on F2P and giving out stuff to help. It may only be one member but every member counts.
Bring memes to OSRS general forum

07-Jan-2015 02:15:18

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Forum Moderator Posts: 76,250 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nikolas10181 said :
Trure enough but to say we didn't get a good number of memberships from it would be a lie in fact I convinced one F2P player to get membership by going on F2P and giving out stuff to help. It may only be one member but every member counts.

it has to be an increase over what we already have.
"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

07-Jan-2015 03:18:30

Nikolas10181

Nikolas10181

Posts: 4,915 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Norne said :
Nikolas10181 said :

it has to be an increase over what we already have.

We have 22k members online right now on a wednesday night, this used to be the max we got on a saturday before so dont be a stick in the mud and just say we done good lol.
Bring memes to OSRS general forum

07-Jan-2015 03:52:01

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top