Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

Threat
Sep Member 2020

Threat

Posts: 10,054 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Beatrix said :
ScapeRune said :
The only one that stands out to me as overpowered is the noting of dagganoth bones. Mole one seems okay, although for that one I'd say a mole tracker would have been better.

You seemed like a clever person... come on read the rewards again, can you really say with a straight face that they're not op...

It's all relative to the stats required to obtain them. While on their own they might seem OP, remember it's not something everyone is going to be able to get. I think I read somewhere that some require 91 RC, 85 Mining, 90 Smithing, and one is even 99. The rewards don't seem too unreasonable with those requirements.

28-Nov-2014 23:00:20

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Forum Moderator Posts: 76,250 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They are still pretty serious in terms of rewards, and its hilarious how high the requirements jump from the original diary to the new ones as well yes. Kill a Mithril drag and Slayer task from Duradel top the original list

(¯`·.·´¯) (¯`·.·´¯)«¬•¤¤•¬».,„¸¸„,.«¬•¤¤•¬».,„¸¸„,.«(¯`·.·´¯) (¯`·.·´¯)
`·.¸(¯`·.·´¯)¸ .«¬•••(¤†Norne: Fire Emblem†¤)•••¬».`·.¸(¯`·.·´¯)¸ .·
×°× ` ·.¸.·´ װ׫¬•¤¤•¬».,„¸¸„,.«¬•¤¤•¬».,„¸¸„,.«¬×°× ` ·.¸.·´ ×°×
"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

28-Nov-2014 23:21:26

ScapeRune
Nov Member 2022

ScapeRune

Posts: 33,509 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The double speed cball smelting should be moved to an elite reward. As a medium reward it's going to pretty much make the diary a necessity to smelt cballs rather than it being the other way around where the diary reward is a perk.

I thought the noted dragon stuff seemed a bit too good until I thought about it.

Green dragons work out at about 500k/hr with really quick banking banking at clan wars to restore run and teleporting back with ancients. That elite reward wouldn't improve it too much especially considering that you will run out of run energy if you don't bank and you risk being pked.

Red dragons with noted hides won't be that great either, they're actually pretty tanky and almost as strong as black dragons.

And the daily freebies aren't even worth the time to collect. Who's going to go all the way to mage bank for an elite reward that could be worth as little as 150gp lol. If you're lucky it's 15k tops. Would rather those freebies be more substantial but be a weekly thing instead. I know repeatable tasks got downvoted in the polls, but I think having to battle Kolodion again once per week to get some god spell casts would be much better than the current rune reward.
Cabbage? CABBAGE!

28-Nov-2014 23:25:00

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Forum Moderator Posts: 76,250 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The farming ones really bother me. Tree patch in falador will not be diseased, 15% yield for catherby. Yes the are elite and maybe with a high requirement it wont be as bad but the first ones somewhat zanny given that payment for trees are historically a pain in the ass to get (Rs3 since I dont farm trees here) maybe not here idk?

Mory has the cannonballs

I'm personally annoyed that crystal halberd is being offered as a achievement reward but not because its OP simply because rawr.

"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

28-Nov-2014 23:38:50 - Last edited on 29-Nov-2014 00:58:17 by Norne

ScapeRune
Nov Member 2022

ScapeRune

Posts: 33,509 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There's four tree patches right? Lumby, fally, taverley, gnome stronghold. Each one has a 1 in 8 chance of dying if not protected so you will lose on average 0.5 of a tree per run of you don't protect. With the elite reward that'd be 0.375 of a tree lost per run. At 60k per yew seed for example that's a saving of 7500gp per run thanks to the elite reward. Soooo useful lol

Or one lot of the payment cost which is probably about the same.

And crystal hally is a clue reward? I just reread it and don't see anything about that
Cabbage? CABBAGE!

28-Nov-2014 23:57:03

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Meant achievement reward

29-Nov-2014 00:57:38 - Last edited on 29-Nov-2014 00:57:58 by Norne

4A6F6B6B75

4A6F6B6B75

Posts: 35,046 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ScapeRune said :
There's four tree patches right? Lumby, fally, taverley, gnome stronghold. Each one has a 1 in 8 chance of dying if not protected so you will lose on average 0.5 of a tree per run of you don't protect.

Where did you get this information from? It doesn't sound very convincing anyway since you forgot Varrock tree path.

29-Nov-2014 11:34:04

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top