Forums

HDOS Client Thread getting del

Quick find code: 317-318-262-66282443

Rabbitmeds
Nov Member 2023

Rabbitmeds

Posts: 205 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd love to see HDOS added to the official Jagex launcher- its just too good not to be included. With that said, I know the HDOS team are working out visual bugs and clipping issues, I can easily see HDOS being added to the official launcher once things are in order and have been reviewed again by Jagex!

Hopefully it's a matter of time.
20 Year Runescape Vet. | Astrophysicist studying 21-cm hyperfine hydrogen lines

Forum Help - Forum Help

26-Jun-2023 00:33:33

Zeffirino
Jan Member 2023

Zeffirino

Posts: 394 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think Jagex would prefer to unofficially give one option for third party clients since they seem to only openly mention Runelite.

I don't use any third party clients but it seems like RL has the dominant market share in the third party client business so is there something RL with the HD plugin that isn't present in your other preferred options?

27-Jun-2023 10:37:34

Prophet1
Mar Member 2023

Prophet1

Posts: 53 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
you right, I understand, but for example, I started playing back in 2006, have always loved the game, quit in 2010 around there, I'm a gamer, all into having a nice RIG, did not buy an rtx 4090 for no reason, so the better the game looks the better, i totally get that there is RS3, but honestly i hate it, have tried to play it lately but i just can't , the runescape i fell in love with was OSRS, not RS3. RL i do feel like they could do more than just recoloring the game, if we have to pay an extra membership to have better graphics since they RL is totally free, then i would pay, now the question is, why Jagex, doesn't give an option to play in 2006 graphics or 2009. like that i could stay in their real jagex client....that would be even safer... Prophet

28-Jun-2023 00:57:38 - Last edited on 28-Jun-2023 01:03:15 by Prophet1

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When Jagex can't get their own OSRS client to work properly, I seriously doubt they even have the capacity to add responsibilities to take care of 3PC.

For 3PC to survive on OSRS, they will have to make sure anything added to OSRS won't break their own client and the plug-ins that are developed by random people that can be abandoned anytime.

There are always a lot of moving parts. For example, if OSRS decides to have their own HD client, HDOS and such can become obsolete due to lack of other functionalities.

It is pandamonium when nobody (perhaps not even OSRS) knows the future plan of the OSRS client, let alone 3PC.

02-Jul-2023 18:13:41

Quick find code: 317-318-262-66282443 Back to Top