Forums

HDOS Client Thread getting del

Quick find code: 317-318-262-66282443

Prophet1
Mar Member 2023

Prophet1

Posts: 53 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why are threads of HDOS clients getting deleted, alot of users are asking for it, I started playing back in 2006, and when 2009 hit those good graphics and still old school runescape, everyone was happy. I love playing games with good graphics, not RS3 though, that's not the runescape I remember, at all, I started playing on Runelite, to get better looking osrs, found out about HDOS and started playing on it since Jagex stated that it was safe to use, added my account to jagex account (sadly) and of course I cannot play anymore on HDOS, nor I can revert my jagex account back to normal, MY QUESTION. Why hasn't Jagex approved HDOS to use them on the Jagex Launcher, they are already approved to use it, so why the wait, or not letting us know what is on your MIND, let us use those graphics, give some of us what we WANT. or at least make a POST stating hey we will think on it, we will add it, just not now, or whatever.... we have to be getting those kinda updates thru their Discord... MAKE IT HAPPEN JAGEX.

FOR THOSE ASKING AND NOT KNOWING ABOUT JAGEX APPROVAL
https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/c=kB0Y397RxPU/third-party-client-guidelines?oldschool=1
Prophet

24-Jun-2023 15:52:00 - Last edited on 25-Jun-2023 16:27:26 by Prophet1

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Posts: 438 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex has no control over third party programs. Some of those programs have things in them that would qualify as a micro. If they do not have them at one point, such as when jagex approves of them, they can still be added later when jagex does not know if they are being added.

24-Jun-2023 17:10:21

Prophet1
Mar Member 2023

Prophet1

Posts: 53 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
as i understand, HDOS was asked to present all files etc, needed to show proof that they are trusted, and Jagex actually approved it, all im saying is that come on just add it to jagex launcher, HDOS client have thousands ov active users everyday just like runelite... Prophet

25-Jun-2023 04:09:12

asdafsdafsd
Dec Member 2017

asdafsdafsd

Posts: 63 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They did in fact have the stance to "use it on your own risk" in the past, but you are right that those 3 clients you mentioned are officially approved by Jagex and are the only ones allowed to be used by the players. You can not get banned for using those clients.

25-Jun-2023 10:33:25

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Posts: 438 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They stopped banning people for using it many years ago, but that did not mean it was approved. I have not seen anywhere on their site that jagex stated it was approved. Unless you can link somewhere on jagex site that says it is approved, it is still "at your own risk".

Even with osb and runelite, people still get banned for loading adds for them that make it a macro.

25-Jun-2023 15:40:47 - Last edited on 25-Jun-2023 15:42:12 by mastercast3r

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
HDOS is approved, so are Runelite and OSBuddy.

However, not all approved 3PC are equal. Some are more equal than the others. Charles Darwin is always correct. It is survival of the fittest to approved 3PC too, or maybe the better translation in OSRS is: pandamonium.

25-Jun-2023 17:56:01

Quick find code: 317-318-262-66282443 Back to Top