Forums

Save the Forums

Quick find code: 317-318-168-66293099

Mordeth
Mar Member 2020

Mordeth

Posts: 5,012 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Support (even though it's futile). I haven't been active on the forums in years, but I was hoping to come back to it at some point. According to my profile, I have over 5000 posts here.

The 3rd party alternatives suggested by Jagex don't support the type of long-running threads that RSOF has. I guess the Steam forums are the closest? I've only used those a couple of times for other games and didn't like the interface. I'd much rather post here.

In the latest newspost they suggest joining discord to find a clan, but I'm unable to use that website. I don't plan to join a clan at the moment, but they use discord for other official communications as well (e.g. Sailing), even though it's a closed platform. How am I supposed to access this hidden information, or find a group for in-game content?

I briefly used Reddit many years ago and don't have any interest in trying it again. I've never used Twitter, and it's obviously not even close to a replacement.

Anyway, there's no stopping it now, so this is my farewell post. Thanks for all the good times over the years, everyone.

24-Jan-2024 15:03:19

Zanon23
Jul Member 2019

Zanon23

Posts: 483 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mordeth said :
Support (even though it's futile). I haven't been active on the forums in years, but I was hoping to come back to it at some point. According to my profile, I have over 5000 posts here.

The 3rd party alternatives suggested by Jagex don't support the type of long-running threads that RSOF has. I guess the Steam forums are the closest? I've only used those a couple of times for other games and didn't like the interface. I'd much rather post here.

In the latest newspost they suggest joining discord to find a clan, but I'm unable to use that website. I don't plan to join a clan at the moment, but they use discord for other official communications as well (e.g. Sailing), even though it's a closed platform. How am I supposed to access this hidden information, or find a group for in-game content?

I briefly used Reddit many years ago and don't have any interest in trying it again. I've never used Twitter, and it's obviously not even close to a replacement.

Anyway, there's no stopping it now, so this is my farewell post. Thanks for all the good times over the years, everyone.

Thank you very much for your support. I know it hasnt changed anything and the forums are going down, but your post meant alot and just want to say many thanks. Im gonna add your name to the list, even though it be closed soons. Thanks and stay safe.

24-Jan-2024 21:54:00

Applejuiceaj
Nov
fmod Member

Applejuiceaj

Forum Moderator Posts: 45,000 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Many thanks to all who have helped to make the Old School RuneScape forums a great place to engage in discussion over the past 11 years of this session existing. I'm coming away with a lot of memories of the many discussions we had here (and the many difficult topics

Regardless of viewpoint on some of those crazy topics that caused a lot of unrest in these forums - Vanilla Old School, 3rd party clients being allowed in the game, and a number of others - I'm happy to have been able to be a part and wish everyone the best.

While we won't have these forums to engage on anymore, feel free to say Hi if you happen to run into me in-game. :)

24-Jan-2024 22:40:27

Razoriginal
Nov Member 2023

Razoriginal

Posts: 160 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'll admit I haven't used the forums in a few years now, but it's still sad to see the end of this era of community interaction. Forums, and specifically the RS forums will always have a special place in my heart.
Happy scaping everyone ^_^

24-Jan-2024 23:44:05

Quick find code: 317-318-168-66293099 Back to Top