Forums

Shadow Drake Comeback

Quick find code: 309-310-577-65976826

Sharp-shin

Sharp-shin

Posts: 41,301 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pulveriize said :
Support MUCHO GRANDE SUPPORT, been dying to get the Shadow Drake and I almost ripped my hair out when I found out it came back for 2 weeks last year... In which I wasn't actively playing because of holiday... of course stuff like that happens to me =/.

Bookmark the RS homepage and visit it once every Wednesday; you'll not miss out on the latest RS news again. It'd hardly take any time even if you were on a holiday. > )

Pulveriize said :
FYI To Draco, Blackwing and Ahura... "Limited Time" doesn't mean you only have one chance to get it... it's called "Flash Sales", a legitimate way of marketing which is very common on websites and happens everywhere...

A flash sale is a sale that a) lasts for a short time, hence the flash part, and b) has greatly discounted prices, hence the sale part. When the shadow drake was released, not only was it sold at a full price, but the price was higher than the regular drake, and it was available to buy for about 31 days. Therefore, because there was no discount, and because it was available for such a long time (even regular sales don't always last that long), it wasn't a flash sale. When the shadow drake returned, it still didn't have a discount, and it was available for 2 weeks, so it still wasn't a flash sale.

To give an actual example of flash sales, Steam (the digital distribution platform) used to have special sales as a part of its longer holiday sales; they'd last for 24 hours each and offer around 75% discount for the games featured in it. Now those are actual flash sales for you.

Pulveriize said :
I don't get why Jagex got so much criticism over this when every bloody business with a webshop does it as well.

Jagex is well aware of what it is doing; they get criticized because people see through their manipulation.
"Volat Accipiter libera est; venandi sua natura est."
~Accipiter striatus

20-Jan-2018 12:30:17

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sharp-shin said :
A flash sale is a sale that a) lasts for a short time, hence the flash part, and b) has greatly discounted prices, hence the sale part. When the shadow drake was released, not only was it sold at a full price, but the price was higher than the regular drake, and it was available to buy for about 31 days. Therefore, because there was no discount, and because it was available for such a long time (even regular sales don't always last that long), it wasn't a flash sale. When the shadow drake returned, it still didn't have a discount, and it was available for 2 weeks, so it still wasn't a flash sale.

Exactly.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

21-Jan-2018 00:20:08

Sharp-shin

Sharp-shin

Posts: 41,301 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pachuli714 said :
Let's be real here. If there's money to be had, it'll be back at some point.

I bet that if Jagex started selling a service that allows players to harass other players, there'd be people who'd buy into it and thus "there'd be money to be had" from it, but would that make selling such a service okay? Of course not, and neither is returning discontinued items (excluding compromises). Money is to be had from many immoral things only if people okay it, so please be a decent human being and don't okay it. > )
"Volat Accipiter libera est; venandi sua natura est."
~Accipiter striatus

21-Jan-2018 07:49:27

Turksta

Turksta

Posts: 3,569 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sharp-shin said :
Pachuli714 said :
Let's be real here. If there's money to be had, it'll be back at some point.

I bet that if Jagex started selling a service that allows players to harass other players, there'd be people who'd buy into it and thus "there'd be money to be had" from it, but would that make selling such a service okay? Of course not, and neither is returning discontinued items (excluding compromises). Money is to be had from many immoral things only if people okay it, so please be a decent human being and don't okay it. > )
Tho the shadow drake is not a discontinued item anymore but a limited time only item. soooooooo

21-Jan-2018 08:03:26

Quick find code: 309-310-577-65976826 Back to Top