Forums

Pendants of Skill

Quick find code: 294-295-46-63906451

Mod William

Mod William

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Some rather extraordinary, luxurious pendants are being dropped into Yelps's box of treats, which will allow you to earn up to 3x XP for a specific skill. Yelps is adding them to the Squeal of Fortune and - for this weekend only - your chances of bagging one are massively increased!
On the Squeal of Fortune this weekend, Yelps is offering increased chances to grab Pendants of Skill: new wearable items allowing you to earn up to a 3x XP boost for a specific skill. They come in two fetching varieties: Pendants of Skill and the even juicier Prized Pendants of Skill.
Pendants of Skill double the XP earned in their associated skill, up to an amount of bonus XP equivalent to a large XP lamp. If you’re really lucky, you could grab yourself a Prized Pendant of Skill that will triple the rate you will earn XP when worn, for as much bonus XP as you'd get in a huge XP lamp.
The amount of bonus XP each pendant contains is dependent on the level of your relevant skill when you claimed them. Once these pendants are exhausted, they will degrade and can be kept as a nice cosmetic keepsake.
The pendants will be available from tomorrow (Friday 27 July), only via the Squeal of Fortune.
As Yelps is feeling particularly generous, anyone who spins this weekend will have a greater chance of bagging one! From Friday 27th to Monday 30th inclusive (GMT) Pendants of Skill are in Common slots and Prized Pendants of Skill in Uncommon slots. After this weekend Pendants of Skill move to Uncommon and Prized Pendants of Skill move to Rare slots, so get spinning this weekend!

Don’t forget that members get two daily spins instead of one, so subscribing is a sound way to double your chances to win per day. Check out our Squeal of Fortune wiki page for more ways to get extra spins.
Good luck!
The RuneScape Team

26-Jul-2012 16:28:22

SonGokuSSJG

SonGokuSSJG

Posts: 586 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Are you kidding me... >_>
Edit: Well to be honest, if these were to ever take over the spots of xp lamps, i'm fine with that. That way we'd have to work for our bonus xp. All those spin buyers out there would actually have to work for the xp by skilling, instead of just clicking on a lamp.

26-Jul-2012 16:38:17 - Last edited on 30-Jul-2012 16:14:37 by SonGokuSSJG

Chris Pirtle
Nov Member 2007

Chris Pirtle

Posts: 2,454 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So it's like the large and huge lamps expect you have to skill a bit to recieve the XP? Sounds like you should just permanently replace all the SoF lamps with these. I'd prefer to do a bit of skilling to recieve XP in a skill I want rather than sometimes being forced to recieve XP in a skill I already have 99 in.
No need to hate on this people. It's not any different than what's already in-game, just a new spin on it. (Well besides the increased chance of them, but it's only for a bit. And the people that buy up tons of spins will still have to play some to receive the XP. It really is an improvement.)

26-Jul-2012 16:38:40 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2012 16:44:36 by Chris Pirtle

iluvrssomuch

iluvrssomuch

Posts: 488 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's too bad the limit for the xp is so low. Would've been nicer to have time durations rather than xp limits. I can already smell the dough Jagex will be raking in from this one...
~The Boots~

26-Jul-2012 16:39:15 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2012 16:41:19 by iluvrssomuch

Adam Savage

Adam Savage

Posts: 1,618 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
First page? :O
Edit: Now that that has been confirmed...
Very interesting. Will we be able to keep the pendants for cosmetic use *after* they run out of their magical XP charge? That would be neat :3
Neat, still.

26-Jul-2012 16:39:22 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2012 16:41:40 by Adam Savage

HomeScape

HomeScape

Posts: 6,629 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
nais fail
edit: if they give the same xp as an med lamp - and you have to exualy work for your xp - then i.. well.. like it? i guess
Mod Timbo, page 6
1. Remove all lamps, make us work for xp with pendants.
Request duly noted!
2. Remove all coin amounts but the 200m, the 200m should have a 1/10,000th chance to spin.
1/10,000 is not very rare. Though we don't share the exact ratios, I can guarantee that the 200M is much, much harder to get. If the odds are 1:10,000, 14 people in the 140,000 in game right now would win the 200M (assuming everyone spins once).
3. Replace coin amounts with Runecoins.
To quote Mod Emilee: "RuneCoins are not available through gameplay and they do not exist inside the RuneScape game world."
4. Replace all these redicoulous skilling items and weapons - with past cosmetic items + vanity items + fish flinger tickets and maybe some other minigame tickets/currencys.
I am personally not sure if giving out past cosmetic items (phats etc.) would go down well with the people who own them right now nor how it would impact the resale economy. Regardless, I'll pass this on.
5. Players = somewhat happyier and runescape leads a long lifespan.
Not actually a question but something that we do actually strive for! :)
Trimmed Completionist
since 2 May 2015 19:00

26-Jul-2012 16:39:52 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2012 17:14:22 by HomeScape

Ivan Strife
Jan Member 2022

Ivan Strife

Posts: 5,117 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Will these pendants be replacing existing EXP lamps on the SOF?
EDIT: All this handed out EXP lately is very disappointing and disheartening to see slowly eating away at the core of the game. :(
Although if I had to choose the lesser of two evils I'd rather see Pendants of Skill replace all lamps on the SOF. At least then players would actually have to do something to get the rewarded EXP.

26-Jul-2012 16:39:55 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2012 16:43:26 by Ivan Strife

Quick find code: 294-295-46-63906451 Back to Top