Forums

RuneScape: Idle Adventures

Quick find code: 294-295-339-65750820

Sonja Grier
Jun Member 2023

Sonja Grier

Posts: 325 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nyx Succubus said :
So basically another transformers universe. Jagex, why cant we just import the actual game onto our mobile devices. Is it really that hard to code?

Someone didn't quite read the post correctly. Also Coding is hard, very hard in fact, which is why people are able to make money by coding.
Jojo - Still cannot decide who's better:
Guthix
or
Zaros

17-Feb-2016 14:24:04

Arataki ltto
Mar Member 2021

Arataki ltto

Posts: 5,032 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So how much of a pay2win/MTX will this game be? With it being f2p and "idle game" just speaks a way to make money more then having fun :/ -
Vyrelord
of Vamp**ium

"I will follow Vanescula till the end! Hissss!"
I lurk on twitter! @Vyrelord - Come say hi!

17-Feb-2016 14:25:41 - Last edited on 17-Feb-2016 14:26:21 by Arataki ltto

Nyx Succubus
Nov Member 2020

Nyx Succubus

Posts: 2,175 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ignore said :
Nyx Succubus said :
So basically another transformers universe. Jagex, why cant we just import the actual game onto our mobile devices. Is it really that hard to code?

How even would you play such a big game as Runescape on your phone? I could sum up an entire list of reasons but basically: It's unrealistic and makes no sense to even want it in the first place.

Dont people already play rs on their phones? The only things they could do are stuff like seren stones or woodcutting trees, i dont see how this is unrealistic.

17-Feb-2016 14:32:51

Purify
Nov Member 2008

Purify

Posts: 2,289 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sounds like it has potential.

Bit annoyed at the amount of people complaining though, dev time for the main game isn't being impacted as it is being created by a different studio.

There is a huge difference too between getting RS to work on mobile and creating a completely new game from scratch designed from the ground up to be a mobile game.

Also people complaining about how it will most likely have MTXs/paywalls make me lol. That is the model for the majority of f2p mobile games and games of this genre. If you don't like it then don't play, simple.

Taken from a post by Mod Balance:

Original message details are unavailable.
"It'll work in a similar way to Adventure Capitalist (HyperHippo also make that game) - so you don't really have to pay to unlock anything, and it's not really "paying to win" since the only thing you win in a game like this is your own satisfaction. Interestingly, Adventure Capitalist has no leaderboards, so you're only paying to get yourself ahead.

Sure it'll have micro-transactions, but those are there if you want to use them, rather than unlocking stuff behind a paywall."
I'm a cow. Moo.

17-Feb-2016 14:33:50 - Last edited on 17-Feb-2016 14:36:56 by Purify

Quick find code: 294-295-339-65750820 Back to Top