Forums

RuneScape Companion Web App

Quick find code: 294-295-303-65238478

Mod Dorando

Mod Dorando

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Red partyhat said :
Way to buggy, Crashes every few seconds on 5s. Not ready yet, oh and make it an actual app.

Heya, Can you make sure that all the apps running in the background are closed? To do this, double tap the home button and then swipe up at all the open apps. The companion app is rather hungry I'm afraid so hopefully closing these apps will allow for better stability.

You can also clear the active apps by turning the phone on and off. Lol, yeah, I know, pro technical advice :P

17-Dec-2013 16:20:48

Hangjai888
Oct Member 2022

Hangjai888

Posts: 16,550 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Works great on my Galaxy S4. This is very promising and I can't wait to see what else gets added.

EDIT: And like some of the others have said, it would be much better if it was an actual app. It can be kind of a hassle as it currently is.

17-Dec-2013 16:23:43 - Last edited on 17-Dec-2013 16:25:44 by Hangjai888

Mod Dorando

Mod Dorando

Eternal said :
Why 1GB of ram? the web app requires more memory than Infinity Blade 3?!?

p.s. its iPhone 5c not 5C

We are borrowing a lot from the main game client I'm afriad. Hopefully in the months ahead we can trim this down and get something a bit lighter on the ram!

17-Dec-2013 16:24:48

Mod Dorando

Mod Dorando

tehnoobpowns said :
@Mod Dorando
Will there be an actual app somewhere in the near future?

Not sure, we really have been focused on getting something out to you guys fast. One of the benifits of being a webapp is that we can bring features/fixes and changes a lot faster due to not having a lot of the red tape. An app from the store however gives permissions to functions on a phone that a browser can't touch which may be useful (Notifications and the like)

That being said, it is something on our minds and we'll be taking on this sort of feedback into consideration.

17-Dec-2013 16:36:45

Quick find code: 294-295-303-65238478 Back to Top