Forums

Loyalty Store Delay - Update

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012

Nonaligned

Nonaligned

Posts: 1,405 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
No surprise with the delay as theres little money in in it for them
I Notice theres never any 'hiccups' with the hated SOF of course.

All this 'they gotta make a profit is laughable thats what our
membership fees are for the SOF is greed for shareholders.
This is all being done as the next Loyalty points are due out
in the next few days so they'll give us x amount more as
' A Good Will Gesture',so predictable i think i've been here to long :P
Then we are supposed to say how great Jagex are.

Also, their advertisements in F2p makes them money as well.

28-Aug-2013 21:56:01

ChaoticBang
Feb Member 2012

ChaoticBang

Posts: 150 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
better have it delayed and working than lots of issues.
i applaud to jagex for deciding to delay it till it works.
they should do this in the future as well if they know theres a small issue.

recently ive played other games as well...
and lets just say some of the devs at those games decided to bring things into the game which caused more harm than expected and needed multiple hotfixes even hotfixes for the hotfixes or completely scrap an hotfix.

28-Aug-2013 22:06:02

Senex
Sep Member 2023

Senex

Posts: 1,864 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I for one appreciate Jagex not releasing content until it is ready. I am not sure why everyone always get on here just to bash and complain. I have been playing RuenScape for about 10 years and I have seen more POSITIVE from Jagex than negative. For those who say Jagex is not listening to its players you really need to take a look around. Most of RS3 came from ideas from the players. As far as Jagex not posting this update til later in the day is completely understandable. They were trying their best to move forward with the release. Good decision on not releasing content until it is ready.

P.S. If you really hate this game so much......why are you still here? Only conclusion I can come up with is you like this game but also like to complain. Even if you have no idea what you are complaining about.

Thanks,

Senex Seni

28-Aug-2013 22:06:37 - Last edited on 29-Aug-2013 02:44:09 by Senex

Luver
Jan Member 2023

Luver

Posts: 158 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks guys for getting my hopes up, I was really looking forward to this update since you guys mentioned about the loyalty rework a couple months ago. I wish you didn't announce a date. I hate it when updates get postponed. I just wish it wasn't announced until it was completely ready, because announcing it gets my hopes up, the update gets postponed, I get upset. I just can't wait any longer.

I also don't understand why people are saying, "JaGeX isn't listening to the players." Uhhhh-NO. JaGeX brought back 07 and people still complain. I honestly haven't seen anything wrong, just a spoiled and rotten community. :(
Pity.

28-Aug-2013 22:11:37 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2013 22:26:18 by Luver

Tordexy

Tordexy

Posts: 31 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What kind of glitches, exactly? I mean, How hard is it to ***** something like this up? Unless you didn't put the effort that it should have been given into the project. The Jagex we knew and loved is long gone.

28-Aug-2013 22:15:05

Jefftiffy
Apr Member 2006

Jefftiffy

Posts: 1,680 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
This is the only update I've looked forward to for ages yet it keeps getting postponed.

It only been postponed once. It just got pushed to the back burner in the development stages when RS3 was announced.

The reason they ran into issues is just the sheer number of accounts and points that they have to distribute/upgrade while moving it into a new system. They are basically removing the whole Loyalty Store and revamping the SGS in order to accommodate both. It is a lot of work.

I will say one thing Jagex, in all the years I've played, pushing updates back may frustrate me, but I would prefer to have the update pushed back than come out incomplete/broken.

Thank you for going back to your old ways and not being afraid to push the update back like you used to with Mod Andrew.

Don't be afraid to push updates back, just give us a heads up in the future (I honestly didn't like having no idea what had become of this update until this month). Not everyone is perfect.

28-Aug-2013 22:17:59 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2013 22:19:41 by Jefftiffy

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012 Back to Top