Forums

Super September is coming!

Quick find code: 294-295-275-65140882

Obi Jango Jr

Obi Jango Jr

Posts: 2,212 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"more extreme challenges such as running through the wilderness."

Taken from the wiki, I'm not sure what game the person who wrote the wiki thinks they are playing but running through the wilderness is just as dangerous as running from Lumbridge to Varrock or fighting in the "Battle" (this "battle" make a mockery of the word) of Lumbridge.

This just sends out the message that September will be awful so we are putting on some random extra things so that you stay as a member. And seeing as how the last 6 months have been awful (even August if I'm honest wasn't anywhere near as good as Jagex said it would be), this month must truly be awful if this is the one chosen to have some special challenges. And not 1 person who is thinking of quitting after the summer is over will change their mind because of this, not 1.

And why do you feel the need to spit in our faces, especially this week. When you release a SOF update but no ingame content which this week would actually have needed the micro transaction's teams help and yet you kept people working on the SOF promotion instead of moving them to the more important team that worked on the ingame content that some people actually wanted.

Now you could have done this event in the summer when people had a lot of free time due to having time off of work or being on summer term break but no, just when people are starting back at school and people are returning or have returned to work, now you decide to have this.

One thing is clear and that is that you are not doing this for the community, you are doing it because maybe a few people won't unsubscribe in the next month to take part in this. No wonder the amount of members is decreasing, it was over 600k just over a month ago, you have done a great job in driving away over 60k members, over a tenth of your members.

30-Aug-2013 14:50:54

Purify
Nov Member 2008

Purify

Posts: 2,289 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Okay, Mods Ollo, Mac and Osborne have just all had a chat and we'll be making the gold outfit available for those who complete all 30 of the Super September challenges. For those who make it on to the top 1000 of the hiscore events there will be two new titles for you.

I realise it's still content that could be locked off for you, but hopefully this is a nice compromise?

I'll be rewording the news post and wiki shortly.

I'm ok with this. Thanks.
I'm a cow. Moo.

30-Aug-2013 14:51:22

Uberxgod

Uberxgod

Posts: 471 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Okay, Mods Ollo, Mac and Osborne have just all had a chat and we'll be making the gold outfit available for those who complete all 30 of the Super September challenges. For those who make it on to the top 1000 of the hiscore events there will be two new titles for you.

I realise it's still content that could be locked off for you, but hopefully this is a nice compromise?

I'll be rewording the news post and wiki shortly*

***;div id="NewsArticles" style="margin-left: 6px; width: 561px; background-color: #121212;"><div class="Article ArticleImage" style="width: 561px;"><div style="width: 540px"><table style="width: 540px"><tr><td width="200px"><font color="#b8b8b8"><i><font size="2">Useful links:<ul><li><a href="http://services.runescape.***/m=forum/forums***?278,279,984,63416735">RuneScape Wiki forum thread</a></li><li><a href="http://services.runescape.***/m=rswiki/en/How_To_Edit_The_Wiki">How to edit the RuneScape Wiki</a></li><li><a href="http://services.runescape.***/m=rswiki/en/Game_Guide">Game Guide</a></li><li><a href="http://services.runescape.***/m=rswiki/en/Index">Wiki Index</a></li></ul></td><td width="200px" style="text-align:right; vertical-align: bottom;"><font size="3" face="cursive" color="#CC00FF"><font color="#FF00FF">~</font><u>The</u> <font color="#FFFF00">Mod</font> Michelle<font color="#FF00FF">~</font></font></font></i></font></div></td></tr></table><div></div></div></div></div>

Now the outfit is just trash :(

30-Aug-2013 14:51:37

Caleb
Jul Member 2023

Caleb

Posts: 5,171 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i don't get why you guy all hype up over a stupid event.

it just another cosmic items they released.
if you can't get this outfit then surely there will be more better in near future.

play the game for fun and not thought of it as race to be the best.

sen and celeb you guy are mod you should well know how to act.
you guy got pick for mod for one of the following reason.

"just play the game and have fun"

If Celeb is me I am far from being Mod.

30-Aug-2013 14:52:37

Mrs Shazbat
Sep Member 2009

Mrs Shazbat

Posts: 1,027 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
'Miracle Recovery - trigger 10 portents of restoration'...

...instantly precludes 1000s of players from achieving the max score...

There should be ALTERNATIVE challenges, one combat and one skiller, then the player can CHOOSE which one they wish to do for the day!!!
You had to look, didn't you? This spoiler got scared and ran away, shame on you!

30-Aug-2013 14:53:09

Elendil
Dec Member 2011

Elendil

Posts: 1,010 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

I'll be rewording the news post and wiki shortly*

Thanks a ton!

30-Aug-2013 14:53:11 - Last edited on 30-Aug-2013 14:56:39 by Elendil

Blainy

Blainy

Posts: 2,463 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i don't get why you guy all hype up over a stupid event.

it just another cosmic items they released.
if you can't get this outfit then surely there will be more better in near future.

play the game for fun and not thought of it as race to be the best.

sen and celeb you guy are mod you should well know how to act.
you guy got pick for mod for one of the following reason.

"just play the game and have fun"

If Celeb is me I am far from being Mod.

The way you talk at divination, I can agree with that.

30-Aug-2013 14:53:19

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

Posts: 22,388 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
'Miracle Recovery - trigger 10 portents of restoration'...

...instantly precludes 1000s of players from achieving the max score...

There should be ALTERNATIVE challenges, one combat and one skiller, then the player can CHOOSE which one they wish to do for the day!!!

Skillers chose to limit themselves, stop crying about it
ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

30-Aug-2013 14:54:13

Quick find code: 294-295-275-65140882 Back to Top