Forums

NIS Alpha Update

Quick find code: 294-295-185-64981278

100x Shadow

100x Shadow

Posts: 570 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Prosecutor said :
100x Shadow said :
@Raldow, I have it running on the downloadable client. I would highly suggest you search prm files on the top and then click the top link to see how to get it working via downloadable client.

Hi Shadow. Thanks for your reply.

I've found the code and the file that I need to edit. When I searched for the instructions, I found that it wasn't particularly clear. It only referred to converting the client into an OldSchool client. Can you advise on which line I need to paste/replace the code in?

FYI, my client runs on a Mac OS.

Scroll down to where it says New Interface System Alpha settings and replace the 3rd line on the prm file to --Dcom.jagex.config=http://world201.runescape.***/jav_config***

That will make it load up the beta servers in the same way that the evolution of combat beta was accessable from the downloadable client. Hope that helps
(Sorry for the ***, the filter blocked some of it, Also oh mac, not sure bout doing it for mac as I use windows)
Zaros FTW!!!

16-May-2013 17:56:47 - Last edited on 16-May-2013 17:58:01 by 100x Shadow

Caleban

Caleban

Posts: 791 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
main gripe? the constant flashing of the chat window icons..its too attention grabbing and quite irritating!

really loving being able to move things about, would like full resize over ALL windows though!

also, the log out button is not obvious, can someone tell me where it is please? lol

16-May-2013 18:12:57

The Corf

The Corf

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
just a few suggestions after playing around with it for a short time.
make the settings interface easier to find since it also is the place to log out it will confuse most player who try it for their first time.
and the buttons have no indication of what they are so a mouseover ability to tell it's name or function would be pleasant, the only thing with a mouseover that tells what it is is the report bug button and it does not deserve the only right for a mouseover text ;) and i can't find a function for the xp counters which i really adored.
otherwise great update and i just love to play around with them and see how they can be used efficiently.

16-May-2013 18:46:01

Range4str 2
Nov Member 2023

Range4str 2

Posts: 189 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1-windows transparency on combat bar too, and maybe on minimap and on old school layout
2-more possible risezes for combat bar
3-space for more abilitys or icons smaller for more abilitys
4-put interfaces even more slim, like the chat bar
5-option for have prayer/constitution like the old version (on the minimap)
6-option for hide all bars, especially the combat bar
7-when put default layout, combat layout etc go to full screen, but i dont like play in full screen (i like see movies when play) so i change for fixe screen, and all tabs are shuffled, i cant see my avatar.
8-on skilling layout, skill bar and bag bar are stealing space, something dont have anything and make the bar bigger.

16-May-2013 19:10:14

Jiggly Bush

Jiggly Bush

Posts: 1,828 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Caleban said :
just spotted the IMPORT SAVE button in the lobby

am i right to believe nothing done in the alpha is recorded on the live game account?

That is correct. I think it's so we can test combat anywhere, including PVP, without risking our stuff. And if you haven't found the logout button as far as I know you just have to push Esc on your keyboard.

-------------------------------------------

Edit: more feedback

-Someone else here reminded me that indeed, there's no hover text over buttons in the settings/My Hero interface, so it's hard to know what exactly they are for without actually clicking them all.
-I, too, miss the XP counter button. I know nothing transfers to live game, but still :p
-Is it possible to get more than 5 ability bars? Like maybe 10? Here's my bars: standard 2h melee, standard dw melee, standard range, standard mage, ancient mage. I have no room for skilling bars, lunar magic, or any boss-specific/slayer task specific bars. The Ability Interface helps with this some, but doesn't effectively solve this problem.

16-May-2013 19:47:15 - Last edited on 16-May-2013 19:56:19 by Jiggly Bush

Daern
Feb Member 2022

Daern

Posts: 435 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jorges said :
You're still going through this, I guess theres no changing your mind. YOU'RE LOSING PLAYERS, YOU IMBECILES.

You're the first person I've seen who's completely against the New Interface System. Almost all feedback on the New Interface System forums has been positive. Mind explaining how it's losing them players, exactly?

16-May-2013 20:01:26

Quick find code: 294-295-185-64981278 Back to Top