Forums

Merry Christmas from Jagex!

Quick find code: 294-295-121-64158016

Aivlas

Aivlas

Posts: 1,454 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Merry Christmas Jagex and runescape community!!!!!!@#
and the haters....just for once,can you guys stop posting comments that in every single thread you said..."The game is ruined"?Just for this month.

Hope you all have a good christmas day :)
life is a paradox, which may lead to undesired endings.

24-Dec-2012 15:38:09

MntlRptrs

MntlRptrs

Posts: 24 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A very Merry Christmas to the Jagex staff and all the players. That's the positive side.

*stick-in-the-mud-alert* On the flipside: A fair deal of the feedback you claim to be so valuable has been about a certain promise which still hasn't been resolved. Until that promise has been kept those best holiday wishes seem to be quite hollow.

Don't get me wrong: The EoC isn't really as bad as some say it is IMO, the new quests are great and I love the addition of the Ports, but if a company makes promises which they don't keep while dodging any remarks or questions about them then I lose my faith in its good intentions. And the bots... That will remain an issue, I'm afraid. We all had some fun at Botany Bay, but it seems more of a novelty than an actual remedy. Smells a bit like smokescreen, if you catch my drift.

Don't ask what promise I'm pointing out here, you know damn well what I mean.

Here's to a better year!

24-Dec-2012 15:45:08 - Last edited on 24-Dec-2012 15:51:49 by MntlRptrs

MarksKoi
Jan Member 2003

MarksKoi

Posts: 1,106 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"And where the bot issue is concerned.. I couldn't really care less! They hardly effect my gameplay at all! Sure it'd be nice to see them removed entirely, but it's a low priority for me."

Bots are involved in the following aspects of gameplay:

- Persistent spamming
- Many woodcut, fishing, hunter, firemaking, and combat spots
- Aiding gambling clans

By aiding gambling clans, players are encouraged to make (allegedly) money through betting rather than PK'ing or skilling.

By partaking in the above skills, they make it harder, if not almost impossible to train that skill.

By partaking in spamming (gambling clans often employ 10-20 bots which are in use 24/7) you are constantly having to ignore or switch public chat to off to avoid them. In most cases, such bots often spam 'invitations to treat' constantly.

I find it very difficult to understand how they would not interrupt your gameplay unless you are training a specific skill which has no relevance to bots.
Favourite Game Version:
RuneScape Classic [now retired]

Player since:
Spring 2002

24-Dec-2012 15:47:09

MarksKoi
Jan Member 2003

MarksKoi

Posts: 1,106 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Merry Christmas Jagex and runescape community!!!!!!@#
and the haters....just for once,can you guys stop posting comments that in every single thread you said..."The game is ruined"?Just for this month.

Hope you all have a good christmas day"

The game may come across as ruined to some people; there is no dodging that fact. Conveying that the game is ruined in any case does not usually mean that you automatically hate it or the people behind it.
Favourite Game Version:
RuneScape Classic [now retired]

Player since:
Spring 2002

24-Dec-2012 15:51:27

Quick find code: 294-295-121-64158016 Back to Top