Quick find code: 288-289-133-65777802

Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

Posts: 1,706 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

THE ROUND TABLE STORY

From the Diary of Eleven Bravo

Day 1 Landing:
We made it. Long trip.
Almost home, but I feel like a stranger in a strange place. Rumors fly like the wind of war in this land already.
Quickly we must gain the knowledge of our neighbors and learn their ways. The Clan Leaders are in council now discussing the future with the help of Brunt the Chieftain.
Soon we will call on the Sinclair's.

Day 8, moving south:
We head out today. South to Camelot.

The lay of the land is becoming more familiar to us. Some can remember hunting in these fields. With the help of the Sinclairs, we hunted and filled our sacks full of supplies. Where are the horses in this land? We learned of the warring elves in the west with the old kingdom in the east. Scouted the lands all around us. Old scrolls we find along the way have been helpful with information on the other kingdoms as well.

"Camelot" I said to myself today. Our travels are about to come to an end. But I feel the journey is just beginning. How will King Arthur receive us. Surely he must have known we would return? What lands will we live on if we are shunned? We will seek his audience soon and find out.

Stories, and tales of great fleets in the south sea's fighting it out in new warfare. Treaties, embassies, spies, sellswords, the loyal, the liar's and thieves. All of which makes the leaders cautious.
As I am just a lowly foot soldier,
I'm thankful for that.
Page 1

12-Apr-2016 14:03:58 - Last edited on 30-Apr-2018 23:44:41 by Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

Kid Arthurs Memoirs
Day 15, Meeting two Kings

Lawgof's Outpost has a rail system to carry the coal to a small town east of the area. We leave for the outpost with a party of my most loyal Dames outfitted with sturdy pickaxes and enchanted coal bags to carry back as much as possible, along with the hopes that we will meet up with the Sirs during the trip.

The Sirs are marching steadily along the road with wheelbarrows and wagons in tow. (We really need to find some horses...).

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,”,
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .,·-~’¯;..‘,¯*“~·,¸
. . . . . . . . . . . . ,·’..,·~,....’ ....‘,.“*··,¸
. . . . . . . . . . .,·’.... ‘-’..............‘,“˜·-,,¸
. . . . . . . . . ,·’................‘, ........‘,“*~,¸
. . . . . . . . .; ¯.......,·,__,·’ ...........‘,“˜-·,¸
. . . . . . . . .‘·,_,·-’¯. . . .;...............‘,“`~,¸
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,·’;................;“*~,¸
. . . . . . . . . . . . .,·~’.,’..,·~’............‘-·,“·,¸
. . . .,’¯¯“~·.,.. ,·’.....,’..,’.....................‘-·,“
. . .,’..,’¯“~,..‘~’.......;..;................’, .......‘-·,
. .,’..,’. . . . ‘~·,........‘,..‘,...............; ............‘-·,
.,’,¸,’. . . . . . . .‘~·,__,‘·,.‘·,_......_,·’ ..................‘-·,. . . . . ,,·~-,
.‘,, ¯’, . . . . . . . . . . .,·~”....,·~” ...........................‘-·,¸,·*’.,,,..,*·,

All the while singing a mighty song of travel and conquest. (Such crude and daring language that I shalt never write it down to avoid the embarrassment).

Page 2

12-Apr-2016 14:04:05 - Last edited on 30-Apr-2018 23:45:10 by Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

At the head is my right hand man, Jura Mist, a mighty and strange knight from a land so far away that the name has been forgotten on the journey to Gielinor. While most of the knights wear pantaloons (the height of fashion from our homelands) or armour, Jura wears this perplexing garb around his waist. He calls it a kilt, a strange thing it is, showing of a lot of leg and healthy vision of knees. The Dames always find the sight amusing.

My Dames and I travel along the road to the coal trucks when the mighty chorus of men coming across the land. We all know it's their Sirs by the tune. Wide grins and blushes spread through the party as the men grow closer. The music abruptly stops as the men spot the women and myself standing at the crossroads. A greeting of hands shaking and mighty hugs between the groups ensue.

I address the newly reformed party and relay the news of the flight to Camelot and that tale follows to them...

After returning to the mansion, we gather up fresh stocks of food and equipment and bid the Sinclair family farewell. Travelling south towards our true home, Camelot. The Dames follow me in my pace towards my dad, leaving all supplies and gear behind for the men to haul to the castle.

Page 3

12-Apr-2016 14:04:12 - Last edited on 30-Apr-2018 23:45:43 by Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

Halfway to Camelot, we see a great plume of smoke rising skyward. Is the castle, our home, in peril? From within the smoke, fly three black forms. As they get closer, we see that they are messenger crows flying fast towards the way we came from! Unable to intercept them, we continue on our journey. Suddenly a Mage dressed in blue and white appears in our path with a dire message. " Camelot is under attack by enemy unknown and the King is in mortal danger! " Our speed picks up, a march becomes a run, a run for what? We don't know but our fear drives us on.

.........................................¸,..··-~*´¯¯´~-··..,,¸¸
.................................¸,.··”´ ¸,.·-~*”´¨˜´¯¯´˜¨ˆ´
.........................¸,.··’´...¸,.·’´........................... ,.·’¯‘*~·.,_
.................¸,.··’´.....¸.·’´............................. ¸·’´;;;:;:::.. . ‘`·¸
..¸-··.,¸,.··’´.......¸.·’´................................... ‘,;;;;:;:¸,;;;::.:.. ‘,
..`·. ···`·......¸.·’´......................................... ,’‘·,¸,·’ . .`‘*·,;::.. ‘,
......`·. ··`·,,’.............................................. ,’,’. . . . . . . .`‘·,::.. ‘,
..........`·. ··`·............................................ ‘,‘·,. . . . . . . ..,’:. .. ,’
..............`·. ··`¸,__ ............................... ¸„..‘·.‘·,. . . . . ,·’::. . ,’
............... ,’´¯ ‘~-,¸/¯`‘*~,.,¸_ ......... ¸.·’´; .. .’ .. ‘·,_,.·’´...... . ’`‘·,
................`‘·.¸,.·’ ·`·. ;;;: . .;;:¯`“,~”´;;: ..:;::::;;;:::::.::..:.....::. ‘,

Page 4

12-Apr-2016 14:04:19 - Last edited on 30-Apr-2018 23:46:21 by Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

The Dames that form my elite guard run as one with me sensing my rising fear. We run with such speed and without pause towards the castle. Our arrival at the gates of Camelot is a mix of fear and rage at the sight of the once proud gates torn asunder. Bodies wearing the King's colours are strewn around the entry, eviscerated. There are little clues to be found, yet one is pronounced. A few men dressed as highwaymen are numbered among the dead. Nothing to do here, we must forge on to the interior of the castle and find my father.

Panic grips like a clamp upon my soul as we enter the throne room to see so many dead and dying. Only two powerful figures remain, still worse for wear. One sitting aside and contemplating what has happened. The other standing among the carnage and ruin. The one standing is a tall, graying man, thin in build but emanating supreme magical power. There is only one man this could be, Merlin! My surprise and joy soon turned to sorrow as I took in the sight of the other man. Sitting on the throne was a huge man dressed in gleaming, battle-worn armour. Slightly slumped onto the armrests and looking to be in great pain was my father, the King! Clutching at the injury at his side, he stands weakly over a pool of his own blood, a dragon dagger covered in a sickly green substance at his feet. His laboured stance is firm but steadily growing weaker as he smiles widely and nearly deafens me with his mighty voice, " My Son! "

Page 5

12-Apr-2016 14:04:26 - Last edited on 30-Apr-2018 23:46:51 by Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

He is gravely wounded and in dire need of expert medical attention. Merlin's voice rises to a roar calling for what is left of the guard to summon healers to the King's aid. A few moments pass and healers rush in with armfuls of herbs, salves, and bandages. They rush to the King with two guards in tow carrying a table for the healers to use as their workbench. More guards follow with portable braziers and large pots of water to boil. The servants are last to come with brooms, stretchers, buckets, and brushes to clean the room and remove the fallen. Enemy bodies are taken to be burned in a pile away from the castle, while loyal guards and servants killed in the fight gently taken to the large dinning room where a makeshift morgue has been made ready.

Merlin turns to me and notices a beautiful woman by his side and remarks, " This must be the Lorry Rayne of whom we have heard about ." Her smile is wide, and her curtsy graceful as she presents herself to Merlin. Other members of the party are dispersed to help with the clean up. " Many hands make light work " I say to them as he urges them forward to help.

Page 6

12-Apr-2016 14:04:34 - Last edited on 30-Apr-2018 23:47:21 by Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ¸,.·´”¯¯¯“`·¸
. . . . . . . . . . . ¸.·”´.................`·¸
. . . . . . . . . ¸·´.,......¸·´...”..........`·,
. . . . . . . . ,’....,’...,·’.......¸,.·,’ ..`·,.‘,.‘,
. . . . . . . ,’...,’....”......,.·´.... “·,. ..‘,....‘,
. . . . . . .;..,’.......,.·´” ........... “,....‘,...‘,
. . . . . . ,’....__,·´,,,......,,,,,,,,... ‘,........;
. . . . . . ‘,.....,’.;'~-,......,-~',...... ;.,..‘,.;
. . . . . . .;...,’.,’.‘ - ’.......‘ - ’.......,;‘,.....;
. . . . . . .;....,’ ‘,.....’_,..............;.‘,..‘,.,’
. . . . . . .‘,...;.. ‘,...,-~,..........,´.,’..‘,..;
. . . . . . . ‘,..‘,.‘,. ‘·,...¯......¸„·´.,’..‘,..‘...‘,
. . . . . . . .;...‘,.‘,...`~-··˜ .... ,’.........‘,.‘,

King Arthur is stripped of his armor as the healers mix and brew the necessary potions
to remove the foul poison coursing through his body.

The King turns towards his long hidden heir, " Welcome home son, and what a fine lady you have brought with you. " A cough echos around the room as the healers mix some of the herbs. One of them mumbles " Oh does this mix smell! Glad we rarely have to make it ." The King's laugh is loud when he hears, " Well my loyal healers, I am not to fond of it either t'is the third time I've smelt it, and it never gets any better ."

Page 7

12-Apr-2016 14:04:40 - Last edited on 30-Apr-2018 23:48:14 by Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

The clean up goes remarkably well with no fuss or bother. The throne room almost sparkles as the clean up crew finishes and leaves with all their equipment. The healers have completed their task of cleansing the King's system of the lethal poison that was on the dragon dagger that wounded him so wickedly. As one of the clean up crew goes to leave with the weapon, the King's voice booms out to him and stops him in his tracks. The shaking man slowly turns and faces the King. King Arthur frowns a little and then smiles widely as he gently speaks to the shaking man holding the dagger. " I want that dagger mounted and hung in the halls with the other weapons that have done my body harm ."
The shaking man humbly mentions there is only one space left and should the King gain any more injures there will be need for another hall to be built. The King and all in the throne room roar with laughter, a welcome relief to the sounds of a battle that raged only hours before in the same room.

The King retired to his sleeping chambers to rest his weary body. Although cured of the deadly poison, he was in need of much rest and restoration. This was a perfect time for me to talk with Merlin and ask for guidance and advice in this almost strange new land. Strange and new because of the many years spent in exile in the uncharted islands of the Arc.

Page 8

12-Apr-2016 14:04:47 - Last edited on 30-Apr-2018 23:48:34 by Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

During my talk with Merlin, I and my followers learn that many things magical have changed, mostly a new form of magical travel using lode-stones. Merlin explains that these lode stones must be activated first so rune based teleports must be used to get close enough to them to activate. Merlin leads me and the party to the magic supply stores and refits us with runes and other magical equipment.

With the story told the two parties separate. Once again, I, my Dames, and a few of the less burdened Sirs travel back to Lawgof's Outpost for more coal. The rest of the men arrive at Camelot with the clans' supplies and equipment and start unpacking. Most of this will be needed to help with the rebuild effort of Camelot.

Arriving at Lawgof's Outpost, We find many deposits of coal and the trucks giving the name of The Coal Trucks to area. Near one of the coal trucks, we find a dwarf named Stankers who sells bronze pickaxes and gives away a dubious drink called a poison chalice. The party decides that these may be best avoided.
The area is rich in coal, willow trees, and a huge amount of giant bats. The party gathers coal into their magical coal bags and start to fill the trucks that Stankers allows personal use of with precious coal. Filled to capactity, we bid Stankers farewell, and the party starts the journey back to Camelot.

Page 9

12-Apr-2016 14:04:57 - Last edited on 30-Apr-2018 23:49:02 by Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

Kid Arthur

On the journey back, I find a message that was nailed to a tree along the road. The message requests a meeting in the Seers tavern to propose a treaty with the Elves of Prifddinas signed at the bottom by Travis.
The coal gathering party splits from me. With three Dames following I head into the Seers tavern, while the rest of the party travel to Camelot to unload their haul. A small party of clocked elves are sat at a table in the darkened corner of the tavern with barely touched drinks in front of them. I stand before them and inquires if one of them is Travis from the message. A tall slim elf stands, removes his cowl, and grins with his hand thrust forward, " I am Travis Thorn, Grand Elder of the Kingdom of Isafdar. Well met Kid Arthur! Sit and we will talk ." A bar wench places drinks down for me and the Dames as we all sit down.

Travis Thorn and I talk of the troubled times befalling the land, and speak of an alliance that would benefit both kingdoms. Drinks are finished, and we agree to travel with Travis and his elf party to the fabled Kingdom of Isafdar and the grand city of the elves, Prifddinas.

We are awe struck by the beauty of the city as we make way to the Tower of Voices' balcony. Travis Thorn addresses his people with this speech:

Page 10

12-Apr-2016 14:05:04 - Last edited on 30-Apr-2018 23:49:32 by Kid Arthur

Quick find code: 288-289-133-65777802 Back to Top