Forums

Why does Jagex allow

Quick find code: 278-279-753-66285363

F4
Jun Member 2011

F4

Posts: 14,597 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Forum mods to rule this place with an iron fist? Do the mods not see how much it deters people from posting here? Reddit & Twitter has 100x worse things posted where Jagex will actually interact with the poster. But on the forums you can't say anything outside of a PG rating or else it gets hidden.

What's the deal?

17-Aug-2023 01:59:05 - Last edited on 17-Aug-2023 02:00:03 by F4

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,959 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That other places are worse it doesn't mean that this place has to become the same as other Social Media environments.

What's the deal?

To grow up and act like an adult setting up a good example for others to follow.

17-Aug-2023 13:42:16

Tranq
Nov Member 2007

Tranq

Posts: 61,815 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They don't rule the place with an iron fist. If you truly wished to see an iron fist forum era go back to what people called the golden age of the forums circa 2005-2008 when people would get banned for saying things like google.

The forum rules have been truly relaxed since then. However there are still rules and a code of conduct we as players need to follow. Everything that gets actioned these days is based off of code of conduct infractions.

The F-mods are just following the framework Jagex gave them.

As to J-mod interaction, well on social media they can post and read things from anywhere at anytime. To post on the forums means they need to be in the office, that means unfortunately for us that unless they have "free time" they're busy doing their jobs. Which means were neglected. Also back in the day we had 12 forum curators. Now there might be just 1 if that and even then they admitted that they have other duties they got to get through besides the forums in their daily workload.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

18-Aug-2023 12:14:33

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr Brushie said :
Archaeox said :
Iron fist? Now?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

That is all.

That's a bit trite of you, given that you used to be one of the "Iron Fists" around here...

So I know what I'm talking about.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

19-Aug-2023 12:58:12

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
an iron fist?

meaning they follow the guidelines set by jagex

jagex have set these rules. this is there private forum, f mods are here to help that. you seem to be thinking the f mods are creating the rules. how bizzare
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

19-Aug-2023 15:20:30 - Last edited on 19-Aug-2023 15:21:52 by Tenebri

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*waves at Tranq and Arch*

Yeah, looking back at how things used to be, the level of "Iron Fist" moderation has gone down exponentially when compared against the days-gone-by. You have to remember that while the forums do not have a high level of JMod engagement compared to historical time periods, they are still hosted on their site officially and what goes on here still publicly associates to the brand. As such, the forums can't be allowed to become a lawless wasteland of "anything goes".

Feedback has one place, venting opinions has another. In the thread that I suspect prompted this feedback, it doesn't look like your thoughts were silenced completely until you started flaming someone else.

If fan-operated, third party places where one can bash Jagex and their other customers is more of a persons speed and the fact that moderation on the forums deters people from posting content like that here, then so be it. If a person has an opinion, even a negative one that is shared constructively and respectfully, then by all means - post it up! There's nothing in the rules of conduct saying that the forums are only an echo chamber for kissing up and agreeing with everything, or otherwise preventing them from doing so.

The Forum Code of Conduct has also been drastically minimalized in almost every sense, including length, complexity, and regulation. The TL;DR version of today's Forum rules is basically: 1) Don't break the Rules of RuneScape ; 2) Don't be inappropriate; and 3) Be respectful
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

20-Aug-2023 17:38:12

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,160 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

Iron Fist did make me chuckle a little. ;)

Naaaaaa never been an Iron Fist approach to these forums for years.

You can say and post what you like really these days. Well I say what you like as long as it's within the tiny every so tiny set of Rules and Guidelines. Have you seen how small they are......

Way back when I first joined the team Wednesday May 4th 2005 10.30pm the Rules and Guidleines were massive. They were pages and pages of them (I still have copies) and you would get banned for even saying " Microsoft or Google or use bad language " even other safe sites. You got banned.

These days look at whats posted now. Links to everywhere and everything including but not limited too Discord links. The only thing really that still can't be posted is E-Mail addresses as thats still a risk.

So no idea where you got " Iron Fist " from as them days if they were a thing are way behind us back in 2005-10-ish. Were now in 2023 and can enjoy these forums so much and really let your hair down and relax. Trust Me I've let my hair down a lot more these last few years because I can and thats why I enjoy these forums so much. I refuse to use Social Media. My choice. :P

Also remember if Social Media is a cess pit then why should the Forums lower themselves to be the same.

These Forums Rule!!!! Enjoy them.
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

21-Aug-2023 10:53:49

Quick find code: 278-279-753-66285363 Back to Top