Forums

I am Tomato 56789

Quick find code: 278-279-735-66293488

Tomato 56789
Apr Member 2022

Tomato 56789

Posts: 15,486 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Killashandra said :
I don't think there's any point in hoping for a change of mind regarding the forums. As others have said, I doubt if any JMods even look on here anymore. However, when they have to acknowledge that they got it wrong, we will at least have the satisfaction of knowing we told them so.

And they will change their minds. As soon as people realise that Discord/X/Reddit are poor substitutes for dedicated forums, they'll stop using them for anything and RS will gradually lose even more players.

I stopped buying the premium membership last year because Jagex simply didn't understand that players wanted a better deal. Now they are ignoring their older, longterm players needs to satisfy the desires of younger players - I blame the fact that JMods are also younger and are probably all of the opinion that their preferred social media is the only way to communicate. So another nail in the coffin and more players slipping away to play games that are more able to keep players happy.

I wonder what Jagex will do when they are left with PvPers and PvMers and the rest of us have left?

I'd love a spiritual successor to the forums on the RS website.
Casual legacy trash of 20 years in RS, writer of Skyrook Gorge (and other books) irl

Should the forums truly go; almost anyone from here is free to add me in-game.

23-Jan-2024 22:09:19

Follow
Jul Member 2010

Follow

Posts: 10,946 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tomato 56789 said :
Those alternatives aren't comfortable for everyone else and it's weird you are trying to project that..

I asked you a simple question: what makes you believe that mods on other platforms will not extend security measures to take care of users and prevent "scams", "sketchy downloads/websites", and "naughtiness".

Instead of answering my question you've responded with several assumptions about me. That's disappointing.
Join the RuneScape community on Reddit in
/r/runescape

24-Jan-2024 15:59:58

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,414 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tomato 56789 said :
Tenebri said :
Crone924 said :
Thanks Tenebri--I'll look at it some more.

I am a fossil, and often am grateful when something awful happens in virtual world that I do NOT participate in, in that my lack of participation prevents it from happening to me.

Time is ticking, sigh

you are very welcome, what are your main concerns regarding it? for me as soon as i set it up i feel much safer using jag account.

Tenebri mind hitting me up in-game or on Discord? I have a few questions too

If its in regards to reddit. Follow is probably 10x better to ask.

But sure ill edit in my disc later as im currently at work cant remember it
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

24-Jan-2024 16:33:51

Crone924
Sep Member 2006

Crone924

Posts: 300 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri, mostly just the standard old person caution with a new shiny.

I am not particularly tech savvy, but my husband was a killer whiz. He designed and maintained databases for things the size/scope of which required clearance, for about 30 years.

Every new shiny in the field in general, he'd have much to say about the pluses/minuses, and while I didn't understand a lot of what he spoke of in the minutiae (when we married, I had to get used to the fact that he spoke COBOL in his sleep), a lot of the cautions rubbed off.

I still write checks for most bills (and after some of the grotesque screwups we had in the infancy of autopay, I will until they eliminate them), because Mr. Tech wanted to maintain control of his banking.

I want to maintain control of my info, and have much less of it tracked and monetized.

I want fewer people adjacent to my info, particularly the bored youngsters of virtual world.

It's been nice talking with you--take care out there

24-Jan-2024 16:39:47 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2024 18:44:16 by Crone924

Tomato 56789
Apr Member 2022

Tomato 56789

Oh it's on the topic of Jagex accounts lol. I'm at work rn too
Casual legacy trash of 20 years in RS, writer of Skyrook Gorge (and other books) irl

24-Jan-2024 21:01:46

Tomato 56789
Apr Member 2022

Tomato 56789

- mobile triple post lol

24-Jan-2024 21:01:48 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2024 21:03:22 by Tomato 56789

Quick find code: 278-279-735-66293488 Back to Top