W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Neena said :
Hey guys,

The particular issue being discussed on this page is being looked into. :)

It's not an issue for you to worry about but it's something that we'll look into. There will be threads that are in a gray area and there will be a difference in opinion on some occasion, however, there is a process and way about it so we'll look into it and action accordingly.

We're all working together to make sure each forum stays on topic and is in the correct section of the forums, please don't argue amongst yourselves trying to figure out what's right and wrong. Middle ground isn't a bad thing and communication is key. ^_^

Thanks*
***;img src="http://services.runescape.***/m=rswikiimages/en/2014/2/Jmod_crown-17095506.png"/><b> - Mod Neena - </b>

I could well have said nothing, but as you say communication is key so felt it only fair that the OP see where I was coming from.

22-Mar-2016 18:03:35

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Neena said :
Hey guys,

The particular issue being discussed on this page is being looked into. :)

It's not an issue for you to worry about but it's something that we'll look into. There will be threads that are in a gray area and there will be a difference in opinion on some occasion, however, there is a process and way about it so we'll look into it and action accordingly.

We're all working together to make sure each forum stays on topic and is in the correct section of the forums, please don't argue amongst yourselves trying to figure out what's right and wrong. Middle ground isn't a bad thing and communication is key. ^_^

Thanks*
***;img src="http://services.runescape.***/*=rswikiimages/en/2014/2/Jmod_crown-17095506.png"/><b> - Mod Neena - </b>

So if it is in the gray area, why not leave it in the place the author originally made the thread?

Makes too much sense apparently
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

22-Mar-2016 20:37:50 - Last edited on 22-Mar-2016 20:38:40 by Averia Light

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You know maybe if there was something done to actually generate activity, maybe you wouldn't be splitting hairs over where a thread belongs.

Hop to mods. Clearly you have the time now. I expect great things.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

22-Mar-2016 20:41:18 - Last edited on 22-Mar-2016 20:45:59 by Averia Light

Mexk
Aug
fmod Member

Mexk

Forum Moderator Posts: 19,605 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
You know maybe if there was something done to actually generate activity, maybe you wouldn't be splitting hairs over where a thread belongs.

Hop to mods. Clearly you have the time now. I expect great things.

The more activity the better, indeed!
¸,.•
Mexk
•.,¸

Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone
¨`'°«„¸¸„»°'
'°«„¸¸„»°'´¨

22-Mar-2016 21:45:08

Stoat King

Stoat King

Posts: 5,075 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The last thing this fiasco will generate is more activity.
Consider:
- a thread is made about how people use the forums in general. There are many similar threads in general, some created there by fmods. Some fmods post on the thread in question.
There is nothing in the rules about this, but the fmods must know. They have a copy of the real rules.
- a known forum idiot starts to harass the op because his poor English is not up to dealing with the slight ambiguity in the thread title.
- in a bizarre knee-jerk reaction to this harassment, which I assume was splattered all over fmr, the rules / policies are changed, necessitating the move of threads which were previously fine in general. All are locked or pending a lock in their new home.
Some remain in general, as if to highlight the inconsistency.

So what can we conclude from this?
Harassment gets results.
It's fine for people with poor English to dictate the meaning of English words to native English speakers in an English forum.
The rules are written in water and can be changed with no notice at the whim of any jmod, wrong footing regular posters and fmods alike, as a bandaid solution to issues the jmods can't be bothered to think about very hard. Mod poppy once changed the rants fsr to win an argument. Classy!

I worry about this rules thing. People like the rules to be the rules. Not a bunch of arbitrary nonsense to be made up on the spot.
The actions of the jmods reek of contempt for these forums and the people stupid enough to remain posting on them.

All this only undermine confidence in these forums and their governance.

Edited for typo . Fsr not for .

23-Mar-2016 08:18:38 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2016 11:04:03 by Stoat King

Stoat King

Stoat King

Posts: 5,075 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's all very well for mod Neena to say "don't worry about this", but my worry is that I wouldn't trust any of the community jmods to go to the bar.

What a ****hole this place has become.

And people wonder why activity continues to decline lol
Keep up the good work

23-Mar-2016 08:22:17 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2016 08:23:30 by Stoat King

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,959 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks Stoat King for being honest. I wanna say this, you never did manage to make this place look any better despite yours great knowledge and English skills. Rules are there as an agreement to not make anymore mistakes because we all have a different understanding in how to manage a Forum.
Anyway, don't worry, I am not going to bring it up any further to Jagex or anyone else.
It's yours , take the wheel in your own hands and make it flourish as I do understand you have a blueprint ready. Good luck :) .

23-Mar-2016 08:39:41

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stoat King said :

I worry about this rules thing. People like the rules to be the rules. Not a bunch of arbitrary nonsense to be made up on the spot.
The actions of the jmods reek of contempt for these forums and the people stupid enough to remain posting on them.

All this only undermine confidence in these forums and their governance.

Why do you think I practically gave up trying to post on the Regular Forums much anymore?
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

23-Mar-2016 09:23:44

Southeaster
Nov Member 2014

Southeaster

Posts: 15,318 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2_Tron said :
Thanks Stoat King for being honest. I wanna say this, you never did manage to make this place look any better despite yours great knowledge and English skills. Rules are there as an agreement to not make anymore mistakes because we all have a different understanding in how to manage a Forum.
Anyway, don't worry, I am not going to bring it up any further to Jagex or anyone else.
It's yours , take the wheel in your own hands and make it flourish as I do understand you have a blueprint ready. Good luck :) .

And you actively try to make the forums worse, and use your crap English skills as a tool to further your cause.

Kthxbye.
Runescape Forumers Discord Server

23-Mar-2016 10:24:45

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top