Forums

RECOVERABLE TEXT!

Quick find code: 278-279-514-66182029

Ezma

Ezma

Posts: 6,484 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Usually I copy the text I'm about to post before posting it, just in case this happens, "

Always do this thing because internets.

Also, you cannot begin to imagine the tirades against idiocy that I have pulled by just giving the "submit" button a miss.

27-Sep-2020 03:25:02 - Last edited on 27-Sep-2020 03:30:46 by Ezma

Seas pXy

Seas pXy

Posts: 32 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I get pen in hand and paper on the desk and start writing..

yes, that's oldschool. nothing wrong with it. writing in tiny forms on websites is not the way to go.

writing in your head is the ultimate way though. this method is easily 100x slower, but you keep revising / compressing it with your logic and imagination, and the end result is awesome. how most haikus are made. if you train at this method, sometimes a complete lyric / song just pops into your head...

you could write in gmail, it automatically saves everything every few seconds. (though, i am annoyed of how alt+tab doesn't just flip between tabs quickly these days in web-browsers.) if you want backups, just set up multiple accounts, and email to several of them.

and really, get a laptop, or at least a usb keyboard.

as mentioned, i also write all my works in notepad.exe, since way back of the win 95 days. you can change the font this way, to a more readable one, and it's just a window with minimum fuss. ms word and all its low quality opensource clones (don't get me started on grammarly...) are nothing short of pathetic. learn to spell by hand, by writing a lot, use your logical deducation of how the word should look.

a few times i write directly in the browser, but when i've written for maybe an hour, and it's late at night, i can manage to make some key combination, then i twitch, and press, ctrl+q, alt+x, alt+F4 or the like, and it closes the entire browser...

it would be an easy fix, but some might be against it. like if you write to your secret lover, and your spouse comes home, goes on the comp, and they find a huge unfinished letter to someone you've never heard of...

but really, the only logical thing to me why this - something so easy to code - has never been fixed, is because the internet mafia wants you to spend more time online, making rushed decisions, and thus increasing profits.

27-Sep-2020 18:11:51

Seas pXy

Seas pXy

Posts: 32 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
internet explorer was infamous for losing forms back in the day, especially during the unstable <56k modem connection times.

by the way: web browsers these days, and for all time it seems, are custom made for breaking downloads. i remember using filehound back in the days, but it's discontinued, and doesn't support the secure protocol (https). you could queue a 100 downloads autofetched from a webpage, DL a huge file for days, no problems at all, no matter how many times you got disconnected. when buying .flac's online, i happened to notice they don't use https, so i tried to queue downloads up in a torrent software, but then i got (temp) banned?

chrome has custom made coding for breaking downloads, there used to be a hack, but they removed it. they keep doing this, so people are forced to upgrade to fibre / 5G. though, ironically enough, if you're downloading chrome, or large games (with built-in installers), this never happens.

27-Sep-2020 18:12:11

The contents of this message have been hidden.

27-Sep-2020 19:56:59

28-Sep-2020 07:32:48

28-Sep-2020 20:32:28

Quick find code: 278-279-514-66182029 Back to Top