Quick find code: 278-279-358-66289828

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
From Support > Purchases > Manage payments ( THIS PAGE ):

""
Active subscriptions
If you have access to your accounts you can check if you have an active subscription:

If you're a member, on the right of the screen it will say when your membership expires

""

This is not true. Following these instructions, the Account Settings page merely says that I have a recurring subscription, and does not say when it will be charged again.

Fix this please - knowing when my subscription renews or expires is a basic customer right.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

04-Nov-2023 09:00:35

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 24,670 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ya that was always weird to me tbh. When I have my alt set up with a bond, it'll display the date the membership expires.

The info for rebilling is available when you click the 'manage subscriptions' button, and view by account.

Idk if that support page would be the best one to put it on, as it's mainly checking for if your account has membership or not; but, it should be put somewhere so people know where to go to find it....or edit the account settings page to display the information too.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

04-Nov-2023 17:09:32

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,959 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you're a member, on the right of the screen it will say when your membership expires

This is not true. Following these instructions, the Account Settings page merely says that I have a recurring subscription, and does not say when it will be charged again.

If you have a '
recurring subscription
' it is obvious that it will not expire. So in your case there's no such information displayed.

04-Nov-2023 17:49:00

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2_Tron said :
If you have a '
recurring subscription
' it is obvious that it will not expire. So in your case there's no such information displayed.
Actually, '
recurring subscription
' means that you will be automatically billed prior to the expiration to help ensure membership remains active. It does not mean that it will not expire. It will expire if the attempt to automatically rebill fails or if the rebilling agreement is cancelled (via unsubscribing).

Thus, the suggestion here is to include the rebilling date so one can ensure that they will have sufficient funds in their account to complete the transaction or, alternatively, unsubscribe from the rebilling agreement prior to the rebilling date if they do not wish to be charged again.

As mentioned above by
YtHaar-Mej
, the information is obtainable from Subscription Management, however the information remains missing from the location stated in the support article mentioned in the OP.
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

04-Nov-2023 22:31:14 - Last edited on 04-Nov-2023 22:33:21 by Spearmint30

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2_Tron said :
If you have a '
recurring subscription
' it is obvious that it will not expire.

This would only be true if I had won lifetime membership. All other subscriptions expire, as Spearmint has explained - 'recurring' just means that they are automagically renewed on/before expiry.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

05-Nov-2023 08:14:16

2_Tron

2_Tron

Jagex/JMods can only show you an expiration date of those membership agreements which have an 'aforementioned/pre-determined' expiration date set by Jagex/JMods.

Recurring subscriptions are subscriptions controlled by members themself as said member is the only person who knows when they wanna 'end/terminate' said subscription, therefore Jagex/JMods have no knowledge when said subscription expires.

The page you referred to exactly tells you the truth, Jagex/JMods telling you what you agreed upon according to their information they have about your account.

What Jagex/JMods could do is mention about a 'recurring membership' but information about its expiration still lies with said member (player) and can't be 'displayed/guessed' by Jagex/JMods.

05-Nov-2023 09:15:40

2_Tron

2_Tron

Spearmint30 said :
... Actually, '
recurring subscription
' means that you will be automatically billed prior to the expiration to help ensure membership remains active. It does not mean that it will not expire. It will expire if the attempt to automatically rebill fails or if the rebilling agreement is cancelled (via unsubscribing).

Thus, the suggestion here is to include the rebilling date so one can ensure that they will have sufficient funds in their account to complete the transaction or, alternatively, unsubscribe from the rebilling agreement prior to the rebilling date if they do not wish to be charged again.
Jagex/JMods can't determine when a recurring membership 'fails automatically rebill' or 'rebilling agreement is cancelled'.

Rebilling agreements can be viewed on a 'members bank information page', not at Jagex, as Jagex/JMods can't view your automated billing system in your bank. Members (players) can themselves at their bank.
Bank-information, payment transfers, is not something Jagex/JMods should be displaying as that is 'private/banking information' and doesn't belong to Jagex/JMods.

05-Nov-2023 09:55:45

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 24,670 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2_Tron said :
Rebilling agreements can be viewed on a 'members bank information page', not at Jagex, as Jagex/JMods can't view your automated billing system in your bank. Members (players) can themselves at their bank.
Bank-information, payment transfers, is not something Jagex/JMods should be displaying as that is 'private/banking information' and doesn't belong to Jagex/JMods.

My membership information is not present in my bank; they don't know i have a subscription other than there's a request that comes monthly for funds. You don't set up the subscription through your bank, you set it up through the Jagex website. That information is displayed HERE on the Jagex site, as I have shown in my above post.

Jagex's systems auto attempt re-billing 3 days before it expires, and if it fails, daily before it expires. That's done here, not the bank. They have to have the information to be able to do that.

Jagex should be able to display it on the account settings page for the consumer (it is, afterall, fetching your membership information and expiration info), or at least update the support article to mention how to access the information for those with recurring subscriptions.

And that's all that Arch is asking for. Have the page updated to reflect it, or have the support pages updated to tell you how to access it...because i've obviously found where it's at on the Jagex site pages.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

05-Nov-2023 16:38:10 - Last edited on 05-Nov-2023 16:41:51 by YtHaar-Mej

2_Tron

2_Tron

Archaeox said :
From Support > Purchases > Manage payments ( THIS PAGE ):

""
Active subscriptions
If you have access to your accounts you can check if you have an active subscription:

""

Fix this please - knowing when my subscription renews or expires is a basic customer right.
The message in '
Jagex's Support Centre
' is correct and nothing wrong about.
A '
notification
about a 'recurring subscription' could be helpful without further information.
More information a player has on email in communication with Jagex/JMods when they started said recurring subscription. Further on, bank-records/information provides information about automated payments so a player does know what they are paying for and for how long.

05-Nov-2023 21:40:12

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
* sigh *

Since I'm not a huge fan of talking in circles, I do fully support any change which brings more clarity about recurring subscriptions to the end user - whether that be an adjustment to the Support Centre article, a change to the Account Settings membership status display, or both.

Since the information is already available on the subscription management interface, it might be easier to just tweak the Support Centre article for clarity and call it a day.
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

06-Nov-2023 00:29:00

Quick find code: 278-279-358-66289828 Back to Top