Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Hmm, I hate to be the whiny person, but is it just me or do forum sections not save their collapsed state any more?

It seems they don't... :(

Edit: Strange, they do still save as collapsed occasionally.. Not sure what caused it. I checked after you mentioned it and they didn't save, but after I posted this I returned to the forum main page and it did save the collapsed ones.
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

21-Mar-2016 01:41:48 - Last edited on 21-Mar-2016 01:43:06 by Keighlea

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks everyone who posted about the open/close collapse states, it really helps knowing it's not an isolated case.

Hevilmystic said :
Hmm, I hate to be the whiny person, but is it just me or do forum sections not save their collapsed state any more?

Hmmm, they arer not working for a few people it seems.

Strange, as they work for me. The forum section open/close states are stored in a cookie by default. The problem with this is they don't work across other languages on the forums.

RS Linkify saves it's own copy of the collapse states for all languages, and applies the saved data depending on what language you use.

So even if RS Linkify should fail at doing this, the default forum collapse states should apply, albeit not 100% correctly if you visit forum sections that use different languages.

Now for the fun bit...

I have looked at my code and I can't see why it should work it at all (at least I can laugh about it). So now I'm clueless as to why it is working for me. The other thing is, if RS Linkify isn't applying the open/close states, the default cookie the forums uses should be being applied. Maybe that's happening in my case, but it doesn't explain the other cases like yours.

Version 3.1.9.42 has just been published, I made some changes. Actually I blindfolded my neighbour's cat and made it walk across my keyboard a few times. So I'm hoping that did the trick :)

21-Mar-2016 04:27:26 - Last edited on 21-Mar-2016 04:30:02 by Indecent Act

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the fix as always Indy!

If it's of any help, my issue only started happening after I had nuked my Chrome install (had a really slow address bar, nothing seemed to fix it minus a nuke :P ), so it could be that you have an older cookie saved which kept their states, whilst a few people have cleared their cookies and thus it doesn't work for them?

Who knows.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

21-Mar-2016 06:40:43

Avogadro

Avogadro

Posts: 4,088 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Seriously though, word of mouth is the best. Very much appreciate that Portnoy even mentioned RS Linkify.

Lust said :
*giggle*

­coffee Perhaps a refill is needed

Time for me to sleep, in a few hours time I'll definitely be needing a coffee :)

I didn't even mention it at first. I was just taking screenshots, and Shauny asked what the extension was. He loved it.
7:^]

21-Mar-2016 12:46:22

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top