Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here to help you with all the bugs I’ve noticed so far, whether if it is obvious or not. I will be going through each tab in Linkify. Hopefully this can serve as a useful backlog.

Embedding:
• Images nor videos do not embed.
• Duplicate images are untestable at the moment.

Signature:
• Not working. This may seem nulled by the official signature, but a few may choose to keep it if they want to include an image in the signature.

• Custom Avatar do not work
• Mini Avatars are not displayed (and probably not supported anymore.)
• God Mode (and Linkify badges) do not work

Custom Posts:
• You, Friends, and Clan Backgrounds & Borders do not work
• Text Options (created by & last posted) color options do not work
• Forum Mod and Jmods do not have green/gold highlight respectively when seen as “Last post by”
• Quote Options: Jmods and Fmods received gold/green borders so this is made redundant. Suggestion: Add gold/green backgrounds to Jmod/Fmods instead.
• Players that have quoted your posts will not show your quoted post with a gold border
Blacklist/Whitelist
• Unknown if they work. The code may work once link embedding and name detection is working again.

Advanced:
• The forums now left-align the window with the left side of the thread titles. But the thread page itself isn’t centered with respect to the window, so this feature isn’t completely useless.

20-Mar-2015 00:24:10

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Miscellaneous
• Change [Reply] button in posts to a [Quote] button. There are no buttons inside a post now, both Quote and Reply button exist next to each other at the bottom right corner of each post. This feature can be removed.
• Highlighting a post does not open to a new tab
• Time do not convert to local time
• Date formatting does not work
• 24-hour format does not work
• Post numbers are not shown
• Numbers do not apply to page/thread
• Don’t believe there is bold formatting anymore. Can be removed?
• Forum Reporting is missing a report button
• Menu Delay does not delay the drop down menu by 500ms

Codes
• Codes do not work

Not on Linkify menu:
• Clicking on qfc no longer displays a pop up menu with a list of copy-able qfc's.
• !!!! Right clicking on avatar and opening the IndecentCode hiscores still work !!!!
• There is no longer a yellow highlight of your own threads in your forum profile. (Additional suggestion: If viewing someone's profile, also highlight the threads that person owns.)
• Work writing a post and then suddenly logged out is no longer remembered (saving your latest draft that is.)

20-Mar-2015 00:24:27 - Last edited on 20-Mar-2015 00:40:49 by Lifer

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Now as for new irks with the new forums:

• “Specific Rules” have an insanely long horizontal click area. If you were to misclick in the area above “New Thread” area, you’d be taken to the Specific Rules.

• Stickied thread titles and locked threads could use special color formatting to contrast with the background. Suggestion: Could replace the background panel with a solid color and recolor the thread titles for maximum contrast. I extracted the panel image if you want to see: http://www.runescape.com/img/rs3/forums/panel.jpg

• Writing a post and hitting the ‘tab’ button causes you to leave the post and focus on the quick links at the very top of the page, specifically focusing on the link that takes you to your alog. The quick links I’m talking about are these: http://puu.sh/gHt7d.jpg

• Unbelievably enough, the forum avatars are still square. I noticed probably last week that you were discussing manually editing each avatar to be a circle with faded edges. Isn't it possible to run a circular transparent gradient on each avatar on a page?

• The link tags are pretty safe since it is contained to Runescape website only, however it can be cleverly abused: This will log you out

• Like Ryan M's gaming with the signature, there is a discrepancy with the post character count: http://puu.sh/gHsaf.jpg (Says 21 characters remaining, but actually has 2010 characters)

• Be warned, forum mods list is now more GUI instead of a list of names. Could be harder to parse unless an array is found.

• The button to go to the last page (or first page) at the top page navigation (http://puu.sh/gHyg0.jpg) is missing.

• 'Show posts' is missing as pointed by Ryan M, but the feature is still there. See Ryan M's post.
Ryan M said :

20-Mar-2015 00:38:47 - Last edited on 21-Mar-2015 16:10:32 by Lifer

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks Lifer :)

Just so you know, linkify is asleep. I coded it to detect the new forums and do nothing. So everything that's not working is 100% intentional.

I did this to avoid any problems.

The new irks you posted I'm very interested in, there is lots I haven't see yet, and lots I haven't even tried (sig, new BB tags, etc).

So that's very helpful and it gives me some direction as to where to look.

First update (soon) will be just getting links and embedding working. In the final stages of testing that atm. Not sure what'll be next but I expect I'll be updating periodically with small additions each time.

Very much appreciate your post, I really need this stuff :)

Blasty said :
Hey Indy,

My time has been so tied up this semester, I haven't even had a moment to think about personal projects.

I hope adjusting to the new forum skin is going well :)

I wonder if this will catch on: clicking here will make you support a runelabs idea.

Hiya Blasty :)

Hope everything is going well for you.

Forums will keep me busy for a while, but it's all good.

Hmmm, is that an intended feature with the link?

20-Mar-2015 00:56:05

Oboi
Dec Member 2004

Oboi

Posts: 9,663 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can you make it so we have old forums if we like :O

­­

~ Just Say Neigh To The evolution Of Combat #95% Of Rs Population

~ I Am fat, dont hate. ~
http://puu.sh/dAU6y.jpg
~ JAGEX BE HAITIN AUSTRALIANS.

~ Gotta shrink ya signature to under 4 lines BRO #FORUM MOD ~ Cool story bro

~ I dont have a signature, because there is No artwork on the forums. #L0L

­­

20-Mar-2015 01:06:02

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Oboi said :
Can you make it so we have old forums if we like :O

­­

~ Just Say Neigh To The evolution Of Combat #95% Of Rs Population

~ I Am fat, dont hate. ~
http://puu.sh/dAU6y.jpg
~ JAGEX BE HAITIN AUSTRALIANS.

~ Gotta shrink ya signature to under 4 lines BRO #FORUM MOD ~ Cool story bro

~ I dont have a signature, because there is No artwork on the forums. #L0L

­­

Unfortunately, I doubt any of us saved the old forum skin.

20-Mar-2015 01:08:43

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Signature field in My Profile can be easily gamed. Ouch. Currently running at 300 characters (although signature field said I had 4 left with max of 300 and wouldn't let me use last two). It's buggy.

Lifer said :
Unfortunately, I doubt any of us saved the old forum skin.

You mean this? http://www.runescape.com/css/forum-80.css
Missed CoC in reskin .

20-Mar-2015 01:09:37 - Last edited on 20-Mar-2015 01:11:24 by Ryan M

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top