Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
There's no need to be rude, on this thread of all threads, when I'm simply stating something that many people agree with.

I'm being rude? You shoot down my suggestion for no good reason and accuse me of being obnoxious. Why don't you take a look at yourself?

Anyways, @Indy, I think you should either (1) double the current line limit for signatures or (2) create another box in the signature tab that takes out colour codes and makes a 4 line limit based on your signature w/o colour codes.

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
through
•’
¶¶¥øu¶¶
`»—«’
¶¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘

………
‘•»¸¸«¤×˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜×¤»¸¸«•’

………………
¨ˆ‰¬¸–’
¶¶¶¶¶
’¸¤·¤¸‘
¶¶¶¶¶
‘–¸¬‰ˆ¨

22-Jul-2014 02:29:14 - Last edited on 22-Jul-2014 02:31:15 by Cyanid

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I did not call you obnoxious, I called big signatures obnoxious. If your signature is supposed to fit on 4 lines, but it doesn't because of Indy's limit, then yes, that's a bug, and it's not obnoxious. This is what I was trying to ask with this:

Hevilmystic said :
I don't see what's wrong with the 4 line limit, or is there something wrong with it?

However, if your signature is meant to be more than 4 lines, yes, it is obnoxious.

Indy's stated previously that she doesn't want signatures to be over 4 lines, also:

Indecent Act said :
Dsctatom said :
Is it Indy's rule that it has to be 4 lines?

No, but I support it

Edit: Now you have further elaborated, yes, that is a bug. Your first post was left open to interpretation. It made it seem like you wanted a bigger signature than you already have, but couldn't due to the limit.

The downsides to text-based communication is interpretation, I guess. Sorry.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

22-Jul-2014 02:32:51 - Last edited on 22-Jul-2014 02:37:30 by Hevilmystic

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

My signature is 4 lines. There was no reason for you to even bring that up.

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
through
•’
¶¶¥øu¶¶
`»—«’
¶¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘

………
‘•»¸¸«¤×˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜×¤»¸¸«•’

………………
¨ˆ‰¬¸–’
¶¶¶¶¶
’¸¤·¤¸‘
¶¶¶¶¶
‘–¸¬‰ˆ¨

22-Jul-2014 02:37:15 - Last edited on 22-Jul-2014 02:37:33 by Cyanid

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cyanide, I made a few edits to your signature to remove some unneeded color tags. Unfortunately, it won't fit in the Linkify Signature box still (it misses by around 40 characters still, and I can't see a way of removing anything else. As best I can tell, the one I reduced has the same color pattern and spacing you originally had. You don't really gain much from it except an extra 140 characters in your post, though. The new one is 465, where your old one is 601

[cyan]¸¬°™°¬¸ [white]With[/white][dimgray].[/dimgray] ¸¬°™°¬¸[white]Closed Eyes[/white]¸¬°™°¬¸ [white]I §ee[/white]¸¬°™°¬¸ ’¸·ˆ·¸ [red]¶¶¶[/red]`»—«’ [red]¶right¶[/red] `•[white]through[/white]•’ [red]¶¶¥øu¶¶[/red] `»—«’[red]¶¶¶[/red]¸·ˆ·¸‘ [dimgray]………[/dimgray] ‘•»¸¸«¤×˜¯‘•¸ [red]¶¶¶¶¶[/red]`[hotpink]¤•¤[/hotpink]’[red] ¶¶¶¶¶[/red] ¸•’¯˜×¤»¸¸«•’ [dimgray]………………[/dimgray]¨ˆ‰¬¸–’ [red]¶¶¶¶¶[hotpink]’¸¤·¤¸‘[/hotpink]¶¶¶¶¶[/red] ‘–¸¬‰ˆ¨[/cyan]

^ Compare that to your current signature and see what you think appearance wise

Edit: Slimmed out a couple more characters
Edit2: Posting it here doesn't seem to remember the line breaks, so you'll have to put those in manually where you normally have them

­­­­ The Purple Sorceress ­­­­
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

22-Jul-2014 03:15:09 - Last edited on 22-Jul-2014 03:25:58 by Keighlea

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As an alternative to the one above, I've made you this one, which has a few minor differences visually, but fits inside the Linkify Signature box...

HTTP://i.imgur.com/5VdTNOw.png

[cyan]¸¬°™°¬¸ [white]With[/white]  ¸¬°™°¬¸[white]Closed Eyes[/white]¸¬°™°¬¸ [white]I §ee[/white]¸¬°™°¬¸  ’¸·ˆ·¸ [red]¶¶¶[/red]`»—«’ [red]¶right¶[/red] `•[white]through[/white]•’ [red]¶¶¥øu¶¶[/red] `»—«’[red]¶¶¶[/red]¸·ˆ·¸‘          ‘•»¸¸«¤×˜¯‘•¸ [red]¶¶¶¶¶`[hotpink]¤•¤[/hotpink]’ ¶¶¶¶¶[/red] ¸•’¯˜×¤»¸¸«•’                 ¨ˆ‰¬¸–’ [red]¶¶¶¶¶[hotpink]’¸¤·¤¸‘[/hotpink]¶¶¶¶¶[/red] ‘–¸¬‰ˆ¨[/cyan]

You may need to actually quote this post and copy the section below (the actual processed signature) in order to get the non-blank spaces to work properly...

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
through
•’
¶¶¥øu¶¶
`»—«’
¶¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘
‘•»¸¸«¤×˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶`
¤•¤
’ ¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜×¤»¸¸«•’
¨ˆ‰¬¸–’
¶¶¶¶¶
’¸¤·¤¸‘
¶¶¶¶¶
‘–¸¬‰ˆ¨

­­­­ The Purple Sorceress ­­­­
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

22-Jul-2014 03:31:05 - Last edited on 22-Jul-2014 03:43:21 by Keighlea

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

How does editing my signature solve the problem? This is going to affect other users in the long run anyways. I'm sure I'm not the only one with the problem.

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
through
•’
¶¶¥øu¶¶
`»—«’
¶¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘

………
‘•»¸¸«¤×˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜×¤»¸¸«•’

………………
¨ˆ‰¬¸–’
¶¶¶¶¶
’¸¤·¤¸‘
¶¶¶¶¶
‘–¸¬‰ˆ¨

22-Jul-2014 04:24:41

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This signature works within 4 lines.

When I removed the excess tags it was one character over, so I just changed white to snow for it to fit. Quote it and paste in into your sig settings if you wish.

Edit: I was wrong, I missed the dimgrey tags :/

22-Jul-2014 04:30:42 - Last edited on 22-Jul-2014 04:57:26 by Indecent Act

Vegeto

Vegeto

Posts: 5,468 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Speaking of signatures, I'm just trying to make a simple one advertising one of my threads on the Ninja and HLF Feedback forums. It works fine on the HLF obviously, but I'm running into issues with the censor on the other forums. Any tips?

As an example, just typing "hello" or "hello." won't trigger the censor, but typing "account." or "desk." will. I'm not sure if it thinks I'm trying to make a URL with that period at the end or what is going on.

­­~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Want more Combat XP distribution options? Check out these threads!
Ninja Forums ---- HLF Feedback ­­
Want more ways to distribute combat experience? Check out this thread!
Combat XP Distribution Options

22-Jul-2014 04:30:43 - Last edited on 22-Jul-2014 04:34:05 by Vegeto

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top