Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just a heads up, I've made changes how the center tag works in Version 3.0.4.0.

This wont affect many people as it only applies when the center tag is used for links. I've noticed some people (myself too) like to post images using the center tag to wrap the url.

­­like such...
http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10000.png­­

As of now, when a centered link is posted, a line break is added before and after the link and the center tag will wrap both the line breaks and the url.

The reason for this is to ensure links can be copied and pasted by non RS Linkify users without them copying the invisible center tag.

I don't think there will be any noticeable difference. The worst case scenario is if a post contains nothing but a center tag containing an image, it will start on the second line of the thread. See image below for an example. Links not wrapped in the center tag remain unchanged.

http://puu.sh/8KGil.jpg

I don't expect there will be any issues, but if anyone finds any problems please let me know and get it sorted asap.

13-May-2014 15:28:16

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^
That is do-able, but there may be some limitations. I'm not sure how I can determine the op other than from either the first page of the thread or from the forum section that shows the thread title and author.

For example if you landed on page 2 of a thread from a qfc or quote link, I'd have to silently navigate back to page one to find the thread creator, then apply the recolour. There would be a delay in that case.

I'll need to play around with the idea, there might be other ways I can do it.

13-May-2014 16:11:10

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
indy can you add me in game i have something very important to tell you

..::;;::..
¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
Your Friendly, Neighborhood
¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
..::;;::..
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´