Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good morning, Indy!

I come to pester you with thoughts of a feature :) !

When previewing a post for a thread, would it be possible that instead of being taken to a separate page to "preview" it there, the preview gets added to the bottom of the thread?

My main issue for bringing that up is... Say for example someone posts on the forums and asks a question.. "Where do I train Dungeoneering"

You spend X seconds writing out however informative a reply you want, and click submit.. Then find that 8 people above you posted the same information.

So if preview were to instead reload the page with your typed reply being previewed at the bottom, it would allow you to see if your answer is now outdated or if there is anything new to reply to.

In a second example, the same thread gets posted, but the person adds a second post saying "Also what should I fish at 95?"

You can now make changes to your post without editing it, before you actually submit it.

-leaves a pot of *coffee as per the norm-!

­­­­
Fun fact: Zaros uses Linkify
­­­­
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

15-Feb-2014 19:59:55

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I need to think about this a little bit, I get the idea is to basically preview within the thread.

Should be do-able. The preview button needs to navigate to the last page/post of the thread and preview in line. I don't see a problem with this.

This would go well with in line editing too.

16-Feb-2014 02:41:44

Bextasi
Apr Member 2008

Bextasi

Posts: 4,473 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello :)

Please can you do this pic for me when you have time? Thanks lots!

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh620/BeckyScott/tard_zps696b8656.jpg

Maybe take some width off the sides?
(¯`v´¯)

Better is a heart without words than words without heart

16-Feb-2014 11:58:47

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top